Author Topic: Leathaface (Krayzie Bone) - The Legends Underground  (Read 1014 times)

Doggystylin

Leathaface (Krayzie Bone) - The Legends Underground
« on: May 20, 2003, 08:03:56 PM »
1. Birth Of A Thug Nation - just a usual bone intro, deep demon voice talkin shit bout a thug nation, no rating

2. 12 Gauge - not a beat u would picture krayzie rappin over, and at first doesn't right but after a few listens it grows on you, wish is on it too, he drops a nice verse suprisingly. krayzie comes nice as usual. - 3/5.

3. Artillery Shop - this right here ladies and gentlemen is what we call call RAW "psst psst buddy boy ay BLAOW" Krayzie puts on his thick voice for this and raps about his guns, the beat is dark and krayzie brings it,his verses are on point, makes u feel hard, the thing is the whole song is about guns, lol. - 4/5

4.Wanna Be Us - now this song is dope, he points out how the rap game is fucked up and everyones tryin to be like eachother and aint doin nothin new and the game is gettin old and shits all fucked up and theres no creativity and they need to do somethin new. this songs weird though, sometimes i feel it and sometimes i dont, dope message though - 3.5/5

5.Game Tight - this song is another raw one, it has a sample of pac on the chorus and has a beat very similar to pacs "ambitionz az a ridah". krayzie rips it with the lyrics and flow (really when DOES HE NOT), you cant say he fucked this pac beat up like jay z fucked up. 4/5

6.Murda Mo - this shits short as fuck, a lil intro chorus which sounds wack but dont let that fool you his verse is dope, and lol, how many songs are there now with the words "murda" and "mo", lol. 3/5

7. The Set Up - raps about how the cops always settin niggaz up, and about hows hes been set up. pretty dope shit if you follow with the lyrics,lol @ the end how krayzies talkin to the cop. oh yea this features Keef G and he actually doesnt ruin it. - 4/5

8.What Would You Do - man i love this song, has meaning, dope beat, and flow and lyrics are on point, tells a story, has everything. i almost got this song memorized, in this hes sayin, what would you do if you got everything tooken away from you and you had jack shit and were on the streets, went from livin lavish to strugglin in the ghetto. now on this one you gotta follow the lyrics, he tells one hell of a story, it gets real dope when he starts about the bank roberry, u can picture everything and it makes you think

Now shit is serious, cuz I gotta get some paper today. I'm thinkin bout rollin up on some bustas, pullin my gauge out n spray. Better yet I'm thinkin bout robbin a bank, before ya know it I'm right at the safe with a gun at the back'a the bank tella. Say fella, Im finna need all ya chedda.

- 5/5

9. Let It Go - i havent listened to this song too much but it sounds aight, im gonna have to listen to it more before i make my final decesion, krayzies vocals are dope but the beat kinda sounds old school, similar to the 12 gauge vibe. 3.5/5

10. How We Roll - This song is just soooo smooth, when i first heard this song i was like....ahh its aight but DAMN did it grow on me....i love the chorus. and the flange effect they put on it. 5/5

11. Smoke Wit Me - a traditional bone weed song, laid back, smooth, pretty dope, not even close to bein on the level on smokin budda and any of those other songs though - 4/5

12. Shut Em Down - another one of the Raw songs, " Killll Yaaa....Shut Em Down,Yes I Shut Em Down", krayzie just spits some raw shit and Bruce Hathcock shines on this.  - 4.5/5

Hidden Track at the end of shut em down - some kneight riduz, its ok lol

Overall it was worth my money and its always dope to get new bone material, songs were short, but that could also be why they were so good. its got a dark vibe to it but no its not like E99, so dont expect anything like that ever. cuz trust me, it wont happen even if they try. This is really a huge step above Thug On Da Line, but i cant say its better than TM1999. overall id give it somethin around 4/5 maybe after it gets old it will come down to 3.5 but i doubt that, Krayzies da shit.

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
Re:Leathaface (Krayzie Bone) - The Legends Underground
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2003, 11:48:28 PM »
Damn, it doesn't look as good as I figured it would.  I wish my copy would arrive >:(  

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2003, 08:05:19 AM »
I woulda gave Artillary Shop a 5 out of 5. Other than that, I agree with you. It's an improvement from Thug on da Line, that's for sure.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2003, 10:08:22 PM »
Finally I got my copy of the CD.....Overall, I have to say I was disappointed.  It seemed like those snippets I heard were so much tighter that what was on the album.  I pretty much agree with you ratings though Doggy.  I'd give 12 Gauge a 4/5...I like that one.  How we roll might have to grow on me too....right now I'd give it a 4/5........On point review though.

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2003, 10:59:03 PM »
so is this album worth the $20 bill ???????

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2003, 11:25:16 PM »
so is this album worth the $20 bill ???????

IMO, no....I would wait and get it used, but I think that you'd have a hard time finding this one used.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Leathaface (Krayzie Bone) - The Legends Underground
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2005, 02:50:26 PM »
7.5/10

better then thug on da line but not as good as TM1999 or Gemini

the funny thing about this album is after everysong theirs a gunshot...lol