Best? From Westcoast to Commercial rap

Too Gangsta 4 Radio
3 (16.7%)
Disfunktional Family
4 (22.2%)
Chronic 2000
11 (61.1%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: TooGangsta4RadioVSDisfunktional FamilyVSChronic2k  (Read 198 times)

JG

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • try not to do tbt though, people here dont like it
TooGangsta4RadioVSDisfunktional FamilyVSChronic2k
« on: May 25, 2003, 04:26:08 AM »
TG4R was the worst CD Deathrow put out but at least it was WESTCOAST HIPHOP.... Disfunktional family has to be the wrost now! Crooked started talking about money hoes bitchs and rides.

Come on now Deathrow is Westcoast I thought!

On The Edge of Insanity

Re:TooGangsta4RadioVSDisfunktional FamilyVSChronic2k
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2003, 04:40:05 AM »
Chronic 2k is by far the best album out of those three Death Row releases. They still had Daz, Soopafly and Danny Boy on the label so there was still a little of the old Death Row left. That plus some dope guest appearances and a couple of Pac vault tracks meant that it was actually a pretty solid album. Too Gangsta 4 Radio suffered because they had lost much of their production talent, and even though Crooked I came hella dope on that album, the rest of it was mainly just disses to Dre and Snoop from relatively unknown rappers who blatantly didn't actually have issues with them, but were being told to diss them. Dysfunktional Family was just a blatant attempt to gain some commercial success for the label by basically releasing an album which was a mix of rnb and hiphop. Danny Boy came tight on the album, and the original version of Still Tha Row was dope, but other than that it was a pretty shit album.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2003, 06:30:41 AM »
chronic 2000

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2003, 09:46:51 AM »
Chronic2000
Dysfunktional Fam
Too gangsta for radio

but its unfair
chronic 2000 had way more songs so its hard to compare

asdasda

• 'G'
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2003, 09:52:02 AM »
TG4R was the worst CD Deathrow put out but at least it was WESTCOAST HIPHOP.... Disfunktional family has to be the wrost now! Crooked started talking about money hoes bitchs and rides.

Is it very hard to understand that those 3 albums are VERY different?
DISFUNKTIONAL FAMILY is just a SOUNDTRACK to a movie, man!!
He aint really worse than Gridlock'd! But Gridlock'd was just been release when Death Row still had promotion, and was still on top of the game! That's the problem.

If DR released this OST back in 1995.................. 2 millions copies sold and bullshit over!

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2003, 10:22:17 AM »
i was just thinking about making a thread like this...oh well
by a mile chronic 2k..which is a dope 9/10 album...one of the most underrated west coast albums out....tg4r...well its ok got some nice tracks
and Dis Fam ost ...i liked for the first couple listens, and now its sucks...really boring...for the first time ever i'll say it...RIP Death Row

Don Seer

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2003, 11:18:23 AM »
tough call.... it sure aint dysfunktional though...

TG4R... ruined by diss tracks.. had the 2pac track thug nature (but the other one friends wasnt so hot IMO) , plus the ATL and Dresta tracks & Ja Rule's cover of Dogg Pound for life... were the best ones on there.. but still... ruined by so many disses... and that GP track.. ohh man.. who let that guy scream on a record.. lol

gotta be Chronic 2K.. damn.. i just went back... and went thru this album again...
its better than the other two put together... i've never really felt the diss tracks on here, they're all in a similar style.. but other than those there arent any really wack ones.. apart from maybe "i'm country" and "presenting miilkbone"

best tracks on there... Late Night (and the OG version if u have it is even better... shame they dropped AMG and quik's verse (and a final pac verse) of of this :().. gotta love gangstas.. where the realest (feat richie rich) doesnt come off like a pac biter to me for a change... umm.. pac and khadafi.. who do u believe in... VK - Curiosity.. deep song.. kinda felt this one for a while.. soopafly - like it or not.. :)

still not blazing.. still ridin with some old pac stuff... but the best of for a long time :/

budsmokeronly

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2003, 11:20:13 AM »
c2k fa sho!

Megaveli

• 'G'
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2003, 01:25:56 PM »
1TG4R
2C2K

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2003, 02:27:40 PM »

All u do iz hate on Tha Row. Iz Daz payin u for thyz?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2003, 09:53:43 PM »
Chronic 2000 by far because it still had a lot of the old Death Row formula in it.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2003, 10:01:49 PM »
I know I'm in a minority, but TG4R.

I was really liking the production, and the disses were cool, because it basically saying these guys ain't gangstas, and we are, that's why Too Gangsta 4 Radio. Chronic 2000 was alright, but too much Tha Realest for me, as TG4R kept him to a lesser extent, and ATL was the fuckin' shit on TG4R. I love their song.