Author Topic: who is da best ???  (Read 273 times)

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
Re:who is da best ???
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2003, 05:47:03 PM »
Currently, I'd have to say either Nas or Em.

KVB

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2003, 12:09:43 AM »
The best lyricist out there today I think is either Talib Kweli or Rakim.

The greatest lyricist of all time is Big Punisher. (R.I.P.)

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2003, 01:35:20 AM »
DV Alias Khrist and Inspecta Deck are dope too.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

kµ®µpt

• 'G'
  • fµ©|{ †}{€ wö®ŁĐ
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2003, 05:57:41 PM »
2pac lol fuck them other fools 8)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2003, 06:08:54 PM »
RAKIM - DOPEST LYRICIST EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

The Watcher

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2003, 06:56:03 PM »
of all time: biggie
right now: eminem
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

kingpin_4eva

• 'G'
  • LADIES #1 LOVER
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2003, 10:30:03 PM »
Dopest lyricist has to be GZA/Genius his flow is unbelievable, he's just underrated because he has 9 other members in his squad.
Nah, maybe it's the bitches and the sunshine
Fool, it's the palm trees, cool breeze and one-time
This the home of ragtops and swimsuits
We wear Chuck Taylors, nigga, we don't fuck with Timb boots!

Jome

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2003, 06:44:59 PM »
Dopest lyricist has to be GZA/Genius his flow is unbelievable, he's just underrated because he has 9 other members in his squad.

And half of them are better than him...

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2003, 07:29:20 PM »

And half of them are better than him...
..lmao this is why i don't take you seriously jome..
he dropped the dopest wu solo album(ls) and had 3 above average ones. not to mention he executes the best concepts out of anyone of the members and still remains the best lyrically..
what more do you want?
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Jome

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2003, 08:22:40 PM »

he dropped the dopest wu solo album(ls) and had 3 above average ones. not to mention he executes the best concepts out of anyone of the members and still remains the best lyrically..
what more do you want?

More like.. 3 average ones and one dope.
When you listen to a Wu-track, GZA doesn't have anything that REALLY sets him apart from the other members.

That's why Meth & Ghost is by far the 2 best in the Wu, IMO, followed by GZA and Rae.
But say whatever you want.. Wu have been discussed up and down and back again, everybody gotta have their favorite..  ;)

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2003, 10:56:50 AM »

what more do you want?

More like.. 3 average ones and one dope.
When you listen to a Wu-track, GZA doesn't have anything that REALLY sets him apart from the other members.

That's why Meth & Ghost is by far the 2 best in the Wu, IMO, followed by GZA and Rae.
But say whatever you want.. Wu have been discussed up and down and back again, everybody gotta have their favorite..  ;)
wtf? legend of the liquid sword was one of the best albums of last year. 4 mics at the least. beneath the surface was above average too..it just got hate because he switched up producers and didn't rap that much on it. words from the genius was pretty good maybe not above average but it was better than other wu albums that have gotten released in the past...i'm talking about THE BEST and most consistent wu member..people might have their favorites(like mine is ins) but gza is undoubtebly the most talented member..
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris