Author Topic: Two Things I give George Bush credit for....  (Read 250 times)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re:Two Things I give George Bush credit for....
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2003, 12:38:48 AM »
1.  Totally removing the corrupt and totally useless Yasser Arafat from any position of power. Overnight, Arafat has beeen transformed from a leader to some has been.

Sorry to contradict you Tech, but Arafat is still in charge of the PLO, and he makes sure Abu Mazen is always seen in public as his number 2.  Arafat has been making it very difficult for Mazen, publicly Arafat was making statements that the only reason Mazen was in Aquaba instead of him was because the US banned him from Aquaba.  Arafat is far from powerless, and I will predict that he will be making life difficult for Mazen in the months to come.

No need to apologize, spit your opinions. I disagree with you though.
See, Yasser Arafat is the Chairman of the PLO, and has been for damn near 30 years. You dont remove a guy like that in the Middle East without using bullets. Arafat and his allies still control the PA, but Mazen is the man whom the Israelis, Americans and soon the Europeans will deal with. While Arafat represents the past and status quo of the Palestinian liberation, Mazen will pave the way for the future. If talks are successful, and Israel and Palestine both take steps towards peace, what power will Arafat have? Hes irrelevent.

Arafat screwed up. He got dealt his cards and he played them wrong. Now hes been denied by the Americans and the Israelis, the 2 biggest powers in the Middle East. The other Arab coward leaders will soon tow the American line of recognizing Mazen. Who did King Abdullah and Pres. Hosni Mubarak invite to their respective countries recently for a regional summit. Arafat didnt get an invitation.

If this peace deal actually works, good bye Arafat and Netanyahu.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Woodrow

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2003, 10:42:46 AM »
1. Al Qaeda is smashed. Without a safe haven and base of operations, it's scattered into small groups of limited effectiveness. Osama bin Laden may be dead, or at least incapacitated. The financial networks supporting his operation are being dismantled one by one.

2. Saddam and his sons are dead, (most likely). His government is destroyed. Iraq is under occupation, and will not be a threat to its neighbors anytime soon.

3. US troops are pulling out of Saudi Arabia, removing a major bone of contention between us and the Arab world, and undercutting the arguments of those who supported Al Qaeda.

4. The Syrians are shiatting in their boots, thinking they're going to be next.

5. The Iranians are finding themselves politically isolated too, especially when a rival Shi'ite power emerges in southern Iraq to challenge the theological rule of the Iranian ayotollahs.

6. The French have been shown for the venal bastards they are. Their challenge to US influence in Europe has been met and won.

7. The UN has been shown for the impotent mutual-admiration society that it is. Even the Europeans are admitting now that lame-brain feel-good international agreements like the Kyoto Protocols aren't worth the paper they're printed on. Expect the Interntational Criminal Court to go the same way soon.

8. The Chinese are beginning to realize that the US is actually serious about rogue regimes like North Korea, and are working with us to bring them to heel.

All in all, not a bad day's work. And for those of you who say this is about US self-interest, I say: So? Given the world we live in, I want to see our government look out for Number 1 here.

Quakaveli

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2003, 02:41:37 PM »
and last but definitely not the least:

9. The price of oil has gown down quite a lot. GOD BLESS THE USA>  8)

Jamal420

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2003, 10:05:46 AM »
and last but definitely not the least:

9. The price of oil has gown down quite a lot. GOD BLESS THE USA>  8)

LMAO @ this patriotic illegal immigrant. Bitch don't even have a green-card. It's okay Quake, one day you too will be a citizen of this country and you get wave American flags around.