Author Topic: What's The Worst Hip-Hop Album Ever???  (Read 524 times)

bez

Re:What's The Worst Hip-Hop Album Ever???
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2003, 11:58:03 AM »
MYSTIKAL:  LETS GET READY

WHole album is garbage.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2003, 12:05:51 PM »
L.A.D. Ridin Low...that song was tite to me when it first came out, only cause I was in 5th grade and liked anything I heard on radio...I listened to this album like 6 months ago...man the CD is worth more bein put in a grinder than it is for music.

Mauzip.........r u suuuuuure u mean Doggystyle???? Or are u jus jokin? Thas my favorite album in history...i donno one person who doesn't like it, let alone sayin its the worst ever.

I haven't heard Hollywood true stories but I kno it's wack cause in an interview Canibus was even sayin it was wack...and u kno most artists are dyin to tell u how dope their wack album is.

Skindiana bon3z

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2003, 12:25:47 PM »
I'd say probably Choppa-Straight from the N.O.
It's got a couple songs that are ok....but overall the album is pretty wack...

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2003, 02:00:39 PM »
get ur minds right yall.. talking about Snoop, Busta..

like someone said before. THE worst EVER

just an known example.. Master P's 'Game Face'.. how can any Snoop album compete with that.. and I doubt this is the worst ever either

i gotta think about it.. not sure yet

Skindiana bon3z

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2003, 02:06:34 PM »
any new no limit record

Just got Magic-White Eye's...it aint bad...its actually really good....

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2003, 02:30:19 PM »
lol theres sum real dumb posts in this.............doggfather!??!!? crackhead!..............nas...........busta..............what the fuck?!!? aiight it aint on their level with the standards they have set themselves but worst eva.....lmao i aint gonna even go into that...........damn u may aswell put sum jay-z joints in their and sum  rakim albums.....plus doggfather is one sick muthafuckin album........shiiit i still cant get over that........that was funny though i giv ya that.......

now for the worst eva..............

hatesrats already given a top contender..........another gotta be

damn i cant think of the name of it................this pop ass nigga thinkin his hip hop built alot of hype round him n then his album dropped...........so was he....

damn i cant remember his muhfuckin name.........by the way......no it wernt ja rule!lol

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2003, 06:12:57 PM »
50 Cent  - Get Rish Or Die Trying - i know some people liked it but i gave it a few listens and never want to hear it again.... IMO Not A Single Good Song 1/5

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2003, 06:59:36 PM »
I've seen some odd choices here like Snoop's Tha Doggfather and Busta's Anarchy which aren't even thier worst albums let alone hip-hop's worst albums.  I'm sorry but Nastradamus and Get Rich Or Die Tryin' are just stupid choices.  I've never even checked out that ODB album cause I knew that the label just threw it together while he was away and that it would suck.

But some of you got it right.  The worst hip-hop album ever is...

Canibus' C True Hollywood Stories

Everything is wrong with this mess.  Too many tracks (21), skits that are just horrible, terrible no-name guest appearances...  He just doesn't know what the hell to do when making an album, he picked one of the worst beats I've ever heard ("Hate U 2") and decides to use it twice ("Luv U 2").  "Ya Teef Iz Yellow" is the worst track ever created and is just plain stupid.  And this obsession with Eminem is just odd.  I could go on forever with the flaws of this album.

But the thing that's make this so bad is that this isn't a Benzino making this album, this is an MC that's created some of hip-hop's greatest verses.  This just shouldn't have happened.  I think he's just a weird guy, possibly somewhat insane and this album is just plain embarrassing.

NewJack

• 'G'
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2003, 07:05:05 PM »
Woohoo, I got it ;)

Well said c2k.

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2003, 10:50:16 PM »
MYSTIKAL:  LETS GET READY

WHole album is garbage.

Don't forget Tarantula.

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2003, 11:17:21 PM »
The worst hip-hop album ever is...

Canibus' C True Hollywood Stories

Everything is wrong with this mess.  Too many tracks (21), skits that are just horrible, terrible no-name guest appearances...  He just doesn't know what the hell to do when making an album, he picked one of the worst beats I've ever heard ("Hate U 2") and decides to use it twice ("Luv U 2").  "Ya Teef Iz Yellow" is the worst track ever created and is just plain stupid.  And this obsession with Eminem is just odd.  I could go on forever with the flaws of this album.

But the thing that's make this so bad is that this isn't a Benzino making this album, this is an MC that's created some of hip-hop's greatest verses.  This just shouldn't have happened.  I think he's just a weird guy, possibly somewhat insane and this album is just plain embarrassing.

kingpin_4eva

• 'G'
  • LADIES #1 LOVER
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2003, 11:17:47 PM »
I agree with the Canibus album being the worst ever, but people in this forum need to know just because you don't like an artist for whatever reasons don't say his/her music is garbage.I know this is off topic, but here i go anyways. Most of people y'all named are multi-million selling artists. If someone is selling over a million copies there work ain't garbage in most people point of view. Fans know which albums to purchase, even though i wouldn't buy a Nelly or Jarule album, but these guys sell records. Personally i don't think record sales can distinguish between a good or bad artist. For example Nas, Krs-one,GZA are dope emcees but don't sell as much records. I know that is unbelievable, but hiphop has changed over the years. Too much commercial crap, it all started around 98 when Ma$e came into the rap scene. Now a lot of artist changed their styles, especially Snoop because he knows nobody is into the gangsta rap anymore, except for the die hard fans who wish Snoop could go back to his old style. Anyways thanks for reading what i have to say.

Nah, maybe it's the bitches and the sunshine
Fool, it's the palm trees, cool breeze and one-time
This the home of ragtops and swimsuits
We wear Chuck Taylors, nigga, we don't fuck with Timb boots!

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2003, 11:02:46 AM »
I agree with the Canibus album being the worst ever, but people in this forum need to know just because you don't like an artist for whatever reasons don't say his/her music is garbage.I know this is off topic, but here i go anyways. Most of people y'all named are multi-million selling artists. If someone is selling over a million copies there work ain't garbage in most people point of view. Fans know which albums to purchase, even though i wouldn't buy a Nelly or Jarule album, but these guys sell records. Personally i don't think record sales can distinguish between a good or bad artist. For example Nas, Krs-one,GZA are dope emcees but don't sell as much records. I know that is unbelievable, but hiphop has changed over the years. Too much commercial crap, it all started around 98 when Ma$e came into the rap scene. Now a lot of artist changed their styles, especially Snoop because he knows nobody is into the gangsta rap anymore, except for the die hard fans who wish Snoop could go back to his old style. Anyways thanks for reading what i have to say.

murda mase was out long before 98..and puffy started that commercial bullshit when big died..
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Skindiana bon3z

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2003, 11:18:53 AM »

murda mase was out long before 98..and puffy started that commercial bullshit when big died..

Yeah Puffy started that shit in 97...with the release of Puff Daddy and the family-No way out...

Dip Set Movementarian 4 Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2003, 02:02:51 PM »
Fabolous' new one Street Dreams I htink its called...