Author Topic: The Last Emperor - Music, Magic, Myth  (Read 1559 times)

megademus

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
Re:The Last Emperor - Music, Magic, Myth
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2003, 01:24:39 PM »
 :) The Last Emperor has an official website at www.thelastemp.com It has some audio interviews and some exclusive tracks.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2003, 02:16:29 PM »
Props!  I've never seen that, it must be new.

Don Seer

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2003, 06:46:41 AM »
I found that rip C2Knuckles is talking about... its real good ;)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2003, 12:10:42 PM »
I found that rip C2Knuckles is talking about... its real good ;)

The single I posted above I assume.

I'm suprised the album isn't ripped yet.  I know some people already have their grubby hands on it.  (I've even seen a review for it.)   :-X

And here's a link to a verse that I guess he did for his website.  Too bad it's in Read Audio, but it's pretty damn good.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2003, 02:38:28 PM by C2Knuckles »

Don Seer

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2003, 03:52:21 AM »
yeah that single... suprised it aint been ripped too... i'll have it soon enough anyways... pre-ordered it yesterday from hiphopsite.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2003, 12:41:45 PM »
Now this is what I was waiting for when selecting who I would purchase this album from, the extras.

www.sandboxautomatic.com & www.hiphopsite.com basically have the same goodies and same price.

$17

DELUXE PACK w/T-shirt, exclusive bonus CD and autographed poster

This is written up @ sandbox:

The special double CD set also includes a bonus 3-song disk with the original classics "Secret Wars I", "Secret Wars II", and "Here We Are". If that's not enough flavor for you, we've hooked up the EXCLUSIVE SANDBOX DELUXE PACK which includes a Last Emperor T-shirt (Black XL) designed by the Raptivism Records team, the official "Music Myth Magic" poster AUTOGRAPHED by Last Emperor himself, and an EXCLUSIVE BONUS CD assembed by co-executive producer DJ Madsol-Desar, featuring rare and unreleased Emp material from the vaults (freestlyes, unreleased tracks, live performances), and well as snippets from the upcoming Hi-Rise compilation featuring Consequence, Krumb Snatcha and many others!

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2003, 06:08:27 PM »
Now this is what I was waiting for when selecting who I would purchase this album from, the extras.

www.sandboxautomatic.com & www.hiphopsite.com basically have the same goodies and same price.

$17

DELUXE PACK w/T-shirt, exclusive bonus CD and autographed poster

This is written up @ sandbox:

The special double CD set also includes a bonus 3-song disk with the original classics "Secret Wars I", "Secret Wars II", and "Here We Are". If that's not enough flavor for you, we've hooked up the EXCLUSIVE SANDBOX DELUXE PACK which includes a Last Emperor T-shirt (Black XL) designed by the Raptivism Records team, the official "Music Myth Magic" poster AUTOGRAPHED by Last Emperor himself, and an EXCLUSIVE BONUS CD assembed by co-executive producer DJ Madsol-Desar, featuring rare and unreleased Emp material from the vaults (freestlyes, unreleased tracks, live performances), and well as snippets from the upcoming Hi-Rise compilation featuring Consequence, Krumb Snatcha and many others!

Props on letting us know about that, i just placed my order. Can't Wait!!!

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Don Seer

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2003, 02:31:58 AM »
i preordered from HHS.. i checked the 'upgrade offers' thing, because i placed it before they put this deal up.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2003, 12:50:50 PM »
y would he do all that shit? is he worried he wont sell...

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2003, 08:01:33 PM »
y would he do all that shit? is he worried he wont sell...

I think it's quite obvious that he won't sell shit.  As far as I know "Prisoner" has no video and I'm not sure how much airplay it's getting (I doubt it's getting much).  He hasn't really made any high profile guest spots.  And I'm not sure how good the distribution for Raptivism is.

And btw, independants frequently give away promo items with thier releases thru these sites.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2003, 08:02:08 PM by C2Knuckles »

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2003, 09:09:13 PM »
mmm secret wars part 2....drools