Author Topic: Cork found in Sosa's Bat...76 bats are cleared  (Read 311 times)

Hittman2001

Re:Cork found in Sosa's Bat...76 bats are cleared
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2003, 08:23:10 PM »
Cubs fans at Wrigley showed whose side they are on, despite a torrent of criticism Sosa has received nationwide.

Many of the announced crowd of 33,317 cheered him as he sprinted to his position in right field and gave him a standing ovation when he came to the plate in the first before striking out. Only a few scattered boos could be heard.

One sign in the bleachers said: ``Still Lovin Sammy

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2003, 08:54:58 PM »
im telling ya...its a big cover up...i saw on espn today...an interview with a top baseball official..and he was going on how sammy is baseball's best public figure...blah blah.. trying to make it look like he's this good guy...the sport of baseball has a lot to loose on this...i wouldnt be suprised if someone switched the bats that mlb personel got....and you wonder why they dont test for roids in baseball...cause half of them would fail and it would be a public relations nightmare...just like if sammy's bats where corked...even if half of them where corked...mlb people would never leak it to the public.... 8)

Big Cwolf the savage

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2003, 04:43:53 AM »
The Assulta makes a good point.  But, I don't think Sosa used one very often.  He had been struggling recently especially since being beaned in the dome, so he might have felt he needed a little help?  Don't know but it's sad though. :(
Some people don't believe in god, but they fear him, Well I believe in god and the only thing I fear is Kaiser Soze  -  Verbal Kint