Author Topic: question about recording voice  (Read 180 times)

WestaFied

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
question about recording voice
« on: June 01, 2003, 06:54:18 PM »
ok so i got my shit together, i make beats, but now i wanna rhyme over them and im not sure how to do that. i got a mic and i record from my comp...i dl'd acid pro but im not sure how to use it to record vocals, or if it even can. i wanna be able to put vocal effects to my vocals too, if anyone can help with this that would be tight

PS...if you havent heard my stuff, im in a beat battle with waitin for the daz album, go check it out and vote

QL3

Re:question about recording voice
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2003, 07:15:29 PM »
where can i hear ur stuff and where are u from?

Ignyte

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2003, 12:00:08 AM »
PS...if you havent heard my stuff, im in a beat battle with waitin for the daz album, go check it out and vote

whats the site for that?
Coz you see at the age of birth, we was contaminated with the caucasions curse/
I dont know what came first, the pententiary or the purse/
But I aint into that crap, I'd rather lay back and start working on my raps/
While you niggas stay strapped, with a hoe on your lap, with a dirty puss and crack/
While I stay intact with my people, and carry the mic which is lethal/

Reef

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Guess Whos Back?
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2003, 10:35:42 AM »
I only started recordin myself this weekend. I've found that if you import your beat into acid, then hit the play button. Then press record and you get a dialouge you can fuck about with the settings.. then click start.. and the beat should play from the start and you can rhyme over it.. Thats how i recorded the shit i done this weekend neways...

peace

WestaFied

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2003, 03:51:16 PM »
aiight thanks gareefa, ill try your suggestions...if anyone has any other suggestions, please post em, anything will help...

this is my soundclick page for anyone who wants to check it out, theres only one beat up there now, more will come later, and once i start flowin over the beats ill try to get those up there too...the beats thats on the page is the beat im using in the beat battle...peace

Jim Jones

• Banned
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2003, 03:13:45 PM »
I only started recordin myself this weekend. I've found that if you import your beat into acid, then hit the play button. Then press record and you get a dialouge you can fuck about with the settings.. then click start.. and the beat should play from the start and you can rhyme over it.. Thats how i recorded the shit i done this weekend neways...

peace

how do u save your work as an mp3 or .wav? acid only lets u save as an acid file.

Reef

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Guess Whos Back?
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2003, 10:08:13 AM »

peace

how do u save your work as an mp3 or .wav? acid only lets u save as an acid file.

go to file... ten render as then you can chose wot file type u want.

Juda

• Lil Geezy
  • Chyo
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2003, 06:26:28 AM »
 but what type of file would u save it as? mp3, wav.