Author Topic: Method Man Calls Snoop 'One Of The Worst Rap Actors In The Game Right Now'  (Read 1223 times)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
 :o

LOS ANGELES — If Method Man wants his part as Snoop Dogg's best friend in "Soul Plane" to be believable, he might want to start saying kinder things about him to the media.

"Honestly, I think he's one of the worst rap actors in the game right now. There's a bunch of us and he's one of the worst ones," Meth said backstage at Saturday's taping of the MTV Movie Awards. "And Snoops knows that, but Snoop's a hustler. He's gonna keep his face out there."

Method Man did note that he's never worked with Snoop — who's appeared in "Training Day," "The Wash" and "Bones," among other flicks — and said he may change his mind after shooting the "Airplane!" remake. He also complimented the D-O-Double G's appeal.

"He's a personality," Meth said. "He's like ODB. Even though he keeps f---ing up, there's somebody out there who wants to see him."

"Soul Plane," which finds Snoop playing a pilot, will begin filming this summer under the direction of Jessy Terrero, best known for his music videos, including 50 Cent's "Wanksta" (see "Snoop Dogg, Method Man Get Onboard 'Airplane!' Remake").

Method Man had some concerns about the script ("Too many stereotypes going on in there"), but he took a small part because he liked the story. "It's basically about a guy who gets into an accident on an airplane and he sues and comes into a lot of money, so he decides to start his own," he explained.

After "Soul Plane," Meth has several starring roles lined up, all buddy movies with his partner-in-rhyme, Redman. The first will either be a remake of the Japanese comedy "Jailbreakers," with the duo playing inmates who break out of jail only to find they've already been pardoned (see "Red And Meth To Break Out Of 'Jail' "), or one tentatively titled "DEA."

"Me and Redman get into some trouble and caught up with the DEA and they use us as pawns to find this big drug dealer," the rapper said of the latter, before pointing out his concern with the movie. "It's going to be PG-13, though. Why?"

Other Method Man projects in the works include his third solo album, Tical 0: The Prequel, due in September (see "Method Man Has His Eyes Set On Tamyra Gray "), and a documentary on exotic dancing due around the same time on DVD (see "Method Man: From Fronts To Furs").
« Last Edit: June 03, 2003, 10:05:15 AM by .:Bigg Chillah:. »

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
Thanks for the news Chillah!

interesting article...

...no hating on meth now guys...its only an opinion that can change  ;)

Pz

KURUPTION-81

meth can hardly say he is the best actor

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

smerlus

meth never said he was the best actor, he was just stating that snoops acting sucks....can't call him a liar though...snoops acting is about as bad as master p's

Skindiana bon3z

Meth ain't a bad actor so i guess he has a right to an opinion of other rap actors...

PeanutButter

Yeah Snoop´s acting sucks but hes music doesnt!!!
Hes music is dope- then stick to it!
Not movies!
You have to deside! Movies (wich you bad at) OR Music (wich your dope at)

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
It's just his opinion. The point is it may also be almost anyone's opinion! :D

Despite that, I still enjoy Snoop in the movies.

budsmokeronly

snoop does really suck at acting, he really needs to give it up and stick to music.  His only good role was in half baked.

UDollar A.K.A Nino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm sorry you had to see me like that...
Huh, Meth does have a point... Snoop is really a bad bad actor, and the funny thing is that he keeps getting roles. But it still is pretty fun too see them all in movies, at times...  ;D
"I have loved you," says the LORD. "Yet you say, 'In what way have you loved us?' "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" Says the LORD. "Yet Jacob I have loved" - Malachi 1:2

The final season of Lost - 2010

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
i love meth, so i aint gonna say anything bout him... but he really should know his place. he's not exactly an oscar winning actor himself, and ice cube or will smith can easily say the same thing about meth's acting.

Don Breezio

i think snoop is a bad actor but i've liked all his movies lol...meth is a great actor though...but he never said he was the "best actor" he just said snoop cant act...he wasnt dissin him on anything else...and it said he could change his mind...but snoop is really a bad actor

pappy

meth musta been high cuz he forgot to mention snoops music sucks now 2 ;D

The Watcher

army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Jome

lol.. this line could be interpreted as though:

"He's a personality," Meth said. "He's like ODB. Even though he keeps f---ing up, there's somebody out there who wants to see him."

Meth is dead right, but I wonder why he says it before they'll be working together.. and not after.

mauzip

meth never said he was the best actor, he was just stating that snoops acting sucks....can't call him a liar though...snoops acting is about as bad as master p's