Author Topic: MAGAZINE  (Read 79 times)

klord

• Lil Geezy
  • Splitti'n Minds - Telekinesis
MAGAZINE
« on: August 01, 2001, 10:10:58 AM »
ight, a mag contacted me fo a 5 page/front cover thang and told me ta do a bio blah blah blah.. anywayz, i need sumone ta proof read..

Bio:::: Alex Nguyen

The Beginning...
Born in the Twin Cities, raised in Oakland, California, I started irradicating mic's since I was 12 years old. Listening to artists like LL Cool J, KRS One, 2pac, Biggie Smalls, 2Short, and more, I started to develope lyrical skill containing these and other artists. My life has been nothing but corruption and hate. I didn't really have a family, not many friends, nobody to hold or care for but myself. My parents had divorced 1990 and custody of me was given to my pops. Before that however, my pops always beat me with thick sticks and boards till I was nearly dead. He kicked me in the ribs and broke 4 of them before trying to throw me out a 2 story apartment in Irving, Texas. My moms didn't like that idea, and always cared for my wounds. Life wasn't as good as everyone in this world has it. I hope these younger generation individuals don't live the same way. My parents, then divorced and I moved in with my grand parents in Houston, Texas where I begun my approach to life on the streets. During that time, the gangstaz on the streets started to school me, showing they cared and all. This was where I thought my family is. All of them were full blooded. They put a red rag on my head and 3 years later, I was moving up the ranks. In that time period, I also moved with my pops to Oakland, California, where I spent years being schooled. I entered a life of drugs and crime. Learning the tricks and trade of how to survive on the streets. You would think that in this world, people would actually care for you. Even your parents, I've lived a hard life, and suffered for my actions. I didn't know what to do any longer. When I finally left California, and moved to other states, I settled in Madison, Wisconsin (2 hours away from Chicago) In which, then I became a Vice Lord. I started leaving the house and living on the streets with my peoples. Not having anything to eat, staying at friends houses. My most trusting nigga, Lord K-Rock, and I was at a gas station one night, when a robbery on us occured. The GD Folk ran on us and shot my nigga to death. I then took a slug to the side, it didn't fade me however, I was thinking about my partna. Holdin' him in my hands, he gave me a cross, in which I still have, and told me to not sweat it. He told me to always keep my head up, and not to fuck up. He told me to preach to the world, and that he'll be watching and helping me up in heaven, then he died.. In my arms.. I left the scene and nearly died from 2 much blood loss. It was me and 4 other peoples from then on. I steadly moved up the rankings, and started having run-ins with the law. Us 5 started living in buildings that were under construction, eating samples at grocery stores and the mall. That's how we lived, in cold weather, where it gets -75 degrees with wind chill and 3 feet of snow. I only had 2 linings of clothes on my body. Shorty, then got locked up, she was like my little sister who believed in me. I had visions of preaching life through rhymes to people. I kept going on and on with writing my lyrics as hard as I can while trying to live. Throughout the months ahead, things started to get harder, and then the winter started rolling in again. The building we lived in was near completion, and they knew there was people breaking in and sleeping there. Before getting locked up, a few of us was behind a bank while one of my nig's was depositing something, we had a smith n wesson on us, fucking with it outside, then the law, fbi and others came with their guns pointed at the van we was in. They told us to get out one by one and walk backwards, not looking back. After trying to book us with carrying a concealed weapon, they failed. Reason was that the gun was not concealed, and in order to charge us we had to be moving distances with it. I was still a minor and was locked up in juvenile correction center. I stayed in there for a few weeks before being released into a shelter center, where we was still locked in, but was abled to have breaks outside etc. It was a home for people who needed a home that got in trouble. One day, a fellow gang member, and I decided to make money by washing the car of the people who run the shelter. During that day, my peoples came to visit me and we discused how I was going to get out. An hour later after our little school session, we started to wash the car outside. I gave myself a chance of excape by just throwing some things by the corner and broke out on a run. I made it to the bus stop where they was waiting and hopped on. I made it out of there easily, but the next day, we was back in the same building being constructed. "We" was then, one of my niggaz and me only. That morning, we slept in after 6am, and the construction workers were all out. We both made it to the stair case, and was thinking of how to excape. We couldn't because we was in the third story, so we made a story about how we came there to get the car keys from one of the construction workers. Nearly out the exit, about 5 of them stopped us and called the cops. We tried to make a run for it to the other side of the building and out the door, but the door was locked and police was on us, cuffing us up and taking us in. They then took me back to the correction center, where my peoples were all like what happened. I then spent about 5 more months in there, waiting till I was 21 years old, in which then they would have released me. I then started recieving phone calls from my mom. My dad had moved to maryland he wasn't there to help me and my mom, I haven't seen in nearly a decade. On the morning of February 15th, 1999 I was in my cell chillin' when they opened it and said I was free. I was wondering what was up. Then I saw her... My mom waiting outside the steel doors. I had mixed emotions, crying, and happy, then mad at her for not being there. She took me, and brought me down to Dallas, Texas where I'm currently at. During the time I was in Madison, however, I met this nigga, who's uncle runs Ruckess Entertainment, where Shotup Records started off professionally, as Ruckess Entertainment was our parent company until I moved down to Dallas. People in this world, don't understand that they have it good. Teens these days, all are down with the gangsta shit, or money this money that, but never lived it. They don't know how lucky they is to have just parents, a home, even friends that are still around. They always talk about how hard they is, and how a rough life they lived. It's nothing to be throwin' up like it's tha shit.

One Step From The Beginning:

Since the, I've polished my rhymes, and have been growing lyrically faster then ever. My rhymes are now thought provoking. I now talk about life, and preach about the world, as well as dropping those gangsta hits. My lyrics are not simplfied any longer, they are now laced with the complexity of a mind's thought methods. All my rhymes have meaning into it. If one does sit down and break the code of my lyrics, and figure out why I say what I talk about, one would understand, or begin to understand the new art I created. After spending most of the year polishing my rhymes, I began to get back into the music business professionally. After getting my GED, I went through college and got various degrees and certificates. My music has been hated by many, loved by a few. One example is the asian rapper deal, all the asian community has mixed feelings. Most of them hate my music because I don't support them in my music. I see however, why would I want to sound racist, and my music was created to speak my mind, not for anyone elses'. Not many people understand my lyrics, and the people who do, think it's art.

Setting up in Dallas was the easy part, creating the music and distributing it was the hard part. I then however, hired many beat producers, and now have a mass-artist collection numbering well over 100 artists and currently signing more and more every month. Each artist has it's own unique talent. Shotup Records was created with a family structure in view. Here, we don't treat our artist like property, but yet, we treat them as family members. Shotup Records' artists are all devoted in bringing music that will inspire generations of listeners for centeries to come. The music producers of Shotup Records has already contributed to many other recording labels throughout the world, creating numerous hits, and promoting mass artists around various countries. Artists like Neurotron 606 & Lindi Heart has made a foot hold in the electronica music world, as this is to show you that Shotup Records does not only do hip-hop/rap but also various other music genres. The label will always remain independently from major labels. In the future of Shotup Records, we plan movies - that are good quality movies, clothing lines, resturants, food chains, electronics, media etc.. touching up on all types of business industries out there. Shotup Records will be a household name in the future no doubt.

i got 4 1/2 mo pages ta write..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »