Author Topic: Anyone ever wonder?  (Read 218 times)

Skindiana bon3z

Anyone ever wonder?
« on: June 13, 2003, 02:30:32 PM »
Anyone ever wonder if the religion you believe in is all a joke?  I'm not sayin I don't believe in my own religion, its just like...I wonder if there actually is a heaven or hell after you die or if you just die and thats it...Sometimes I think about shit like this and wonder if all this shit we study is all a joke...anyone ever feel like this?

TheSheriff

Re:Anyone ever wonder?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2003, 02:49:16 PM »
I never think someone sat around one day and thought "hohoho, it'd be a funny joke if I created a religion".

However, sometimes I do wonder if it IS all a tool to control the masses.

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2003, 03:49:59 PM »
I never think someone sat around one day and thought "hohoho, it'd be a funny joke if I created a religion".

However, sometimes I do wonder if it IS all a tool to control the masses.

Word.  And just for the record, Sikhism doesn't directly believe in a heaven or a hell; we believe in reincarnation, Nirvana and that heaven and hell can be found on earth in our existance, it's just one's perception of it.

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2003, 04:29:53 PM »
religions Help people grieve threw hard times. But they also are the reason there can't be peace in the world.

TheSheriff

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2003, 04:54:01 PM »
religions Help people grieve threw hard times. But they also are the reason there can't be peace in the world.

Religions don't kill people. People kill people.

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2003, 06:25:59 PM »
religion was just a way to govern/control people in "ancient times" and got passed down...like a tall tale almost...why most havent figured this out yet is beyond me

Bigg AG

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2003, 10:35:13 PM »
i dont know what to believe anymore. im out!!!

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2003, 02:11:45 AM »
religion was just a way to govern/control people in "ancient times" and got passed down...like a tall tale almost...why most havent figured this out yet is beyond me

Definately on point.Make people believe believe they are terribly punished if they don't behave and you got them in control for a large part."All ruling comes from God",or something like that,was one of the most controlling beliefs ever.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

Reef

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Guess Whos Back?
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2003, 04:23:26 AM »

Thats kinda true.. but its the peoples belifs that have been implanted into them which make them kill. Religion, or the peoples belifs (which can be classed as religion) i feel give people and excuse if you like.. To kill others... I dont necessarily agree with that statement...

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2003, 10:01:50 AM »

mauzip

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2003, 11:36:57 AM »

that's why almost all wars in the past had a religious cause ::)

TheSheriff

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2003, 01:08:28 PM »
If religion kills people, show me an example of a bible or torah jumping off its plinth and smacking some infidel to death. Can't? Indeed.

Reef

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Guess Whos Back?
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2003, 03:52:40 PM »
If religion kills people, show me an example of a bible or torah jumping off its plinth and smacking some infidel to death. Can't? Indeed.

No i cant... But things like the bible only contain the text of that religion. Its the individual's belif's that influence them, or how they percieve something they are told. Its not common in all religions for people to read the holy book, listen ot their parents preach and then go kill someone.

But people kill in the name of god, or in the name of their religion.. Thats the influence of the religion leading to them to commit these crimes... which means the religion has a direct part to play beacuse it put these belifs into the indivuduals mind, these belifs then caused them to commit murder..

TheSheriff

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2003, 04:15:14 PM »
To my atheistic comrades; you believe religion is something to control the masses, yes? And that sort of thing?

Another way of controlling the masses is a small lump of lead, about half an inch across and elongated, with a pointed head. Only a fool would call it inherently evil.

Yet here, we are calling a book, which contains mere words, which preaches peace and love, somehow sinister and vulgar, MERELY BECAUSE WE WISH TO GAIN LEVERAGE IN THE ARGUMENT.

You're all saying that Jesus preaching peace and love is what has caused the Crusades, etc; if you honestly believe that, you're a damned fool.

It is the individual twist people put upon these words, to further their own aims, that kills people.

Stop trying to damn a man who wished only for peace by accusing him of warmongering, when you know that is not so.

Reef

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Guess Whos Back?
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2003, 01:01:43 AM »
It is the individual twist people put upon these words, to further their own aims, that kills people.

I agree with that... but it is still done for the sake of religion. They do it beacuse they believe that their god will send them to heaven. (exmaple the 9-11 pilots). Which means they put their twist on it.. But still do it in belif that their religion will be proud of them. I am NOT saying holy texts encourages violence... im simply stating that people's interpritations of religon (ie the 9-11 pilots being sent to heaven and being supported by god) can give them the courage to commit these acts, thus religion has a direct influence.