Author Topic: Where were you at 8:45 a.m. on Sept. 11, 2001?  (Read 585 times)

Duncan1

Where were you at 8:45 a.m. on Sept. 11, 2001?
« on: June 08, 2003, 06:29:10 PM »
I just read an article about it. Where were you all at?

Here is my story:
Yeah so I was in the dentist office that morning getting my teeth cleaned and halfway during the procedure the assiant told the dentist to come see something on TV. He came back, I was like "What was it?" he said nothing just a fire in the World Trade Center. I said oh ok whatever. Then he was done and I had to gargle with that red listerine stuff and I saw the second plane going into the building as I was leaving the office. All the chicks were crying and stuff and some people with appointments were leaving.

Later on I saw the buildings collapse so I figured no school so I just stayed home all day watching CNN.

pappy

Re:Where were you at 8:45 a.m. on Sept. 11, 2001?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2003, 06:38:47 PM »
3rd period roots of opression.  we get an annoucement that something has happened at the twin towers an seniors are not allowed to leave for lunch 2day b/c of the events that occured.  we were not told what happened

PLANT

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2003, 06:55:46 PM »
I was at school out in the smoking section when I heard.  The school didnt inform us, but I remember hearing everyone talking about it, and just looking up in the sky wondering if any more shit was going down....I think I watched CNN for like a week or 2 straight after Sept. 11.  Same deal with the Sniper shit that just happend.

Crazy Muthafuckin world we livin in thats for sure.

Young Dan Iza

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2003, 07:04:53 PM »
my accounting class, i didnt find out shit went down til around 1230 cuz i was in class the whole time

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2003, 08:02:10 PM »
well i live in LA so it was like 5:45 but my bro was gettin ready for work and he woke me up to check it all out so i got to see the whole thing.....really sad day......i had to go to class at 1 that day my English class and we just watched the news as we did our work.....i didnt do anything but watch the news for like a month

Hittman2001

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2003, 08:08:45 PM »
i had just woke up and turned on the tv about 5 minutes before the 2nd plane hit the tower.  i didnt go to class at all that day

Sub-Z

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2003, 08:20:06 PM »
at the time i was in my first period class,but the school didnt make an announcement till we were in second period

Suga Foot

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2003, 09:29:04 PM »
I'm on the Westcoast too, so it was earlier, but My dad woke me up, so we went and watched it on tv.

Quakaveli

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2003, 09:42:33 PM »
Maan that was a wierd day...at that time my parents had removed the TV from our house, lol...and I was a senior and didnt feel like going to school that day...so I ended up sleepin until noon and then thru my dad I found out that a faghan organization had driven a couple planes into some building...I missed out on all da news n shit that day, while every1 at school didnt even do n e work, they jus watched TV the whole time. When I heard what happened I was mad and happy the same time...happy cuz finally the US government would pay attention to faghan and fagistani terorists finally 8)

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2003, 09:43:09 PM »
Woke up right after the shit went down. Got on the cpu, checked my email, and my buddy who was in the military said he was gonna have to go overseas cause of the bombings. I had no idea what he was talking about, I had assumed he wrote that the day before. So I peep'd cnn.com to see what was up, and it had the towers collapsing... I thought it was just some sort of "what if" article, till I turned on the TV. It was the saddest day of my life sitting there watching helplessly at them falling over and over and over. Horrible.

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2003, 11:59:57 PM »
well i woke up at 7 (westcoast time) i cant remember if the 2nd plane hit yet but i turned on the TV checkin 2 see wut was on the spanish channel 2 see if there was ne hot girls and they had that i was like WTF so i turned on NBC or sum shit and i was like dam and at skool wehn i got there we watched it all day iw as like whoa and me n my friends where like tite but we were like that cuz nuthin EVER happens but at exactly 8:45 which wouldda been 5:45 (my time) i was sleepin peacfully

Jim Jones

• Banned
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2003, 01:54:40 AM »
I was getting outta bed and my alarm when off. I got outta bed and turned on tha radio and the first thing The DJ said was that the towers have just collapsed. I turned on the tv and it was on every channel.  I was in shocked. It was a sad day that day. I remember i went to the wherehouse and picked up The Blueprint that same day cuz it was the day it came out. I was listening to that shit all day just thinkin what had happen.

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2003, 02:27:50 AM »
At work in my gym....

....got a call from one of my members who son works there to put on cnn...

...watched whole thing on tv as it happened...was crazy

we were worried for the people we knew, but thank god they were the ok ones.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2003, 03:17:10 AM »
it was like early afternoon for me, and I already returned from school. (we only have school till 1 pm here)

I watched tv when suddenly breaking news showed up...
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Don Seer

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2003, 04:34:20 AM »
from what i remember it happened around late morning.. and then went thru rest of day UK time

knida freaky.. all on cnn.com and ananova.. passing what info came in to each other... dlding videos of it and stuff.

some bizzare things goin on.. a guy that used to work here now works at a large UK defence contractor... we heard about the pentagon stuff few hours before it was anywhere else.. kinda freaky knowing something had happened.. yet all this stuff wasnt on cnn.com etc.. apart from the NYC stuff no one could miss.. kinda delayed media blank spot over that for a while... v. weird. still seems unreal.. and thats from 1000s miles away.