Author Topic: XXL or Source  (Read 517 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:XXL or Source
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2003, 06:44:28 AM »
Benzino fucked it up...dumbass
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

ThreeSixty

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2003, 09:31:33 AM »
Neitha really both are quite wack. the source is a joke and no where near what it once was. xxl is better but quite weak too.

S.G.V.

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2003, 12:14:38 PM »
i bet when eminem dissed xxl everyone here hated xxl and pretty much loved the source...now that eminem hates the source...and loves xxl...they hate the source and love xxl too

Skindiana bon3z

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2003, 12:22:01 PM »
i bet when eminem dissed xxl everyone here hated xxl and pretty much loved the source...now that eminem hates the source...and loves xxl...they hate the source and love xxl too

I actually still buy The Source magazine  ;D

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2003, 02:19:38 PM »
i buy XXL and The Source and i think XXL is better

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2003, 02:45:06 PM »

thats so true

i dont buy any magazines, i either get my shit from this site, or i listen to it and see if i like it

Black Pack

• Lil Geezy
  • whaat?
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2003, 03:28:44 PM »
It's stupid as fuck if cats stopped reading The SOurce cause of that played out beef. I stopped buying that magazine years ago... It's a waste of money and I ain't a nigga who throws money around. I don't even buy XXL, that mag is alright but always has one or two articles worth reading and the rest is crap... There are better mags out there.

"Blew the whole shit up on some 'what this button do ?'" - MF Doom
"Ignorance is an option, not genetic"-Aphter LyphE7

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2003, 03:32:44 PM »

I smell Hate
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Jome

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2003, 08:30:02 PM »

I smell Hate

Yes.

The Source was game over for me when they started with that lame ass 5 mic giving to every possible classic album that they had been given bad reviews to.

Also, the hating on white rappers "stealing the black culture" should be too much for anyone with a open mind.

^_^

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2003, 09:36:21 PM »
i wouldnt prefer either of them really,i usaully say copies of both are best read while standing in the newsagents,you should never actually buy the damn things,there good for small tidbits of info i guess,but the source is mostly full of crap,advertising way too much,and XXL is just well,undercooked :)

Skindiana bon3z

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2003, 09:37:58 PM »
^^^LMAO@your name....sorry thats just funny  ;D

^_^

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2003, 10:00:21 PM »
^^^LMAO@your name....sorry thats just funny  ;D

LOL no,dont be sorry,usernames suck man :)

KVB

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2003, 10:31:10 PM »
I've been buying every issue of both magazines since mid 2001, but it's XXL only for me now that The Source has got corrupted by Benzino's influence. I'd still buy The Source occasionally if it features dope articles on my favorite artists, but it has lost almost all credibility for me. Another thing I like about XXL is that, unlike The Source, it's music only and no politics and other BS which I'm really not looking for when buying a rap magazine. XXL has by far been the best mag as of late.

Janus

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2003, 02:36:51 AM »

not me i think source started going down hill when they insisted on giving made men so much advertising space every month i look back on my collection of source mag's and guaranteed i'll find a advert for an album nobody ever cared about every month  ;D
scrambling like Vick's half cousin since '77