Author Topic: Universal Hands Record Deals Out To Poor  (Read 131 times)

Top-Dogg2001

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Stillmatic
Universal Hands Record Deals Out To Poor
« on: July 26, 2001, 08:16:06 AM »
Universal Hands Record Deals Out To Poor

In an effort that many are calling heroic and charitable, international entertainment giant, Universal, is giving back to the communities that have supported them over the years, by giving recording contracts to poor families throughout the nation. Looking only to help folks in the nation’s ghettos that are struggling to get by, the company has set a goal of giving out approximately one record deal per week throughout the year of 2001.

“We realize that the holiday season is not the only time a big company should help out the little people,” said Universal Music C.E.O., Lance Whitman. “Which is why we have used this opportunity to help those less fortunate than we are, every day of the year.”

Since January 1st 2001, the label has blindly signed over 25 new acts, with over 25 more on the way. Included on the roster are “breaking new, buzz-worthy artists”, according to the label, such as Twise, Drunken Master, 50 Playaz Deep, Chris G.O.T.T.I., and Genovese.  

“After not seeing platinum plaques from rappers that actually have some kind of past recognition, such as Canibus, Rakim, and Sticky Fingaz, we’d just figured that anybody can do better than these guys and started blindly handing out record deals – and plus artists like Mr. C The Slide Man are a lot cheaper to sign,” said Lance. “Last week, we did this thing where I put a blindfold on, and they spun me around in a circle, and who ever I pointed at when I stopped spinning, was the one who won the record deal. It was fun.”  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
Picture yourself crushin Xzibit with your tough talk,
thats like Christopher Reeve doin' the crip walk.- Xzibit

Suicidal, High I'm smoking so much la,
I saw a dead bird flying through a broken sky-
Nas

.:N-Imy:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Universal Hands Record Deals Out To Poor
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2001, 10:32:06 AM »
Well I'll be damned. They really are a wee bit deswperate to make money. At the same time of helping people get a record deal and beat poverty which is good I think they company also see's it as a great way of making money because most of the tightest rappers grew up in the ghetto's.

I wish they did that shit over here in the UK and help some of our poverty stricken people.
N-Imy - Incipient  {[link=http://forum.igangsta.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=fouroneone;action=display;num=1010196585]Click Here[/link] for details}

"I believe that everything you do bad comes back to you. So everything that I do that's bad I'm going to suffer for it. But in my heart, I believe what I'm doing is right. So I feel like I'm going to heaven" - Tupac {June 1996}

Top-Dogg2001

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Stillmatic
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2001, 05:25:17 PM »
Atleast someone was fooled. This is a joke that was put up at hiphopsite.com
Picture yourself crushin Xzibit with your tough talk,
thats like Christopher Reeve doin' the crip walk.- Xzibit

Suicidal, High I'm smoking so much la,
I saw a dead bird flying through a broken sky-
Nas

.:N-Imy:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2001, 04:11:21 AM »
dayum.....see when I read this too I was like nah that can't be true.....why would a guy do that.....it could cost himmoney especially that the fact all 25 couldn't be taht great.....but then I tought maybe he just being kind to the public.
N-Imy - Incipient  {[link=http://forum.igangsta.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=fouroneone;action=display;num=1010196585]Click Here[/link] for details}

"I believe that everything you do bad comes back to you. So everything that I do that's bad I'm going to suffer for it. But in my heart, I believe what I'm doing is right. So I feel like I'm going to heaven" - Tupac {June 1996}

Ro J. Simpson

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Riddim Killa!
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2001, 05:35:03 AM »
LOL man u'z a fool yo

p'z
2i love you dont ever fucking question that, that's why we'll probably never get along, if i was better at finding the right words to say i wouldnt need to write these mothafuckin songs" / Atmosphere -'Dont ever fucking question that'

It's too much weight to be juggling
who do you picture when you think about struggling
Kids in the bed, no food stomach bubbilin
or Niggas in the E-class heavy drug smugglin / Xzibit - At the speed of life