Author Topic: BAD AZZ INTERVIEW online now! Check it out here!!  (Read 1293 times)

Hydro

• 'G'
Re:BAD AZZ INTERVIEW online now! Check it out here!!
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2003, 10:42:58 AM »
Thanks for the interview. It was a interesting read. ;D

NOW AVAILABLE------->Click HERE To Download

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2003, 12:12:56 PM »
by the way... bad azz was high during the interview lol

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2003, 03:15:49 PM »
by the way... bad azz was high during the interview lol
LMAO i knew it i told Krimson (trevor lol) that i thought he was fucked up or sumthin becuz when im high or drunk ill go on talkin about wutever and just blabble lol but dope interveiw props on that and Nima u gettin a advance copy of Bads cd still? lol

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2003, 04:34:45 PM »
LAZY,at first i thought ur pic of eazy-e was with the NWA and they juss looked hella different. but i juss now realized that those guys are bone thugs! am i right?

dont mind me... im high.  8)

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2003, 10:45:36 AM »
Dope interview as ever Nima, but damn does he go on and on, took me like an hour and a bit to read the whole interview.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2003, 10:47:35 AM »
Oh and BTW he was on point on the Dre thing. I think cause he was high he did tell us more than he prehaps would have done if he was completely straight.

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2003, 11:05:54 AM »
that interview maybe was the best one ever lol..

i downloaded the audio.. and once i started to lissen to it i couldnt stop lol.. it was really intresting..  :)

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2003, 11:40:37 AM »
what if Battlecat did Just dippin  :o :o :o :o :o
dont say that Battlecat is different from Dr.Dre,when I first heard Raga lolo's by C-Bo I thought it was a Dre beat but nope it was by Battlecat

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2003, 12:05:07 PM »
Great interview.

Im Looking forward to seeing how MELLOWMAN covers the issue of Dre not producing his own stuff.

So many different artists have said he doesn't produce his own stuff and Bad Azz is another in the long list.

DJ Quik >>>>>> Dre

Easily
ironic how DJ Quik praises Dre so much tho? when before he worked with him he felt the same way as everyone else ???

Jome

« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2003, 11:16:04 PM »
Battlecat DID NOT do "Just dippin" !!
He did the remix!!

Dre: "Battlecat, whatchu got for me!!"

Did people sleep on the remix ???
And another thing.. if Battlecat, JellyRoll, Daz, Focus, Khalil and others make so dope beats that they deserve "the Dre-stamp", why doesn't "their own" beats sound anything like that at all ??
I can honestly say I have never heard a Battlecat, Daz, Khalil, or Focus-beat sounding ANYTHING at all like even possibly a Dre-beat.

So the main theory for Dre-haters is that Battlecat, Daz, Khalil, Focus, etc. deliver all their DOPE BANGER-beats to Dre, for him to release under his name ??
And then keep their own mediocre/average beats to release under their own name ?

Don't think so..

downwith2pac

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2003, 01:54:50 AM »
It fucking SUCKED!!! and you know it nima! you have no skills at all.  i'm not hating. just saying. bad ass keept pausing for you to say something and all you did was say "yeah" and that's about it, that's why bad ass keept blabbing on. next time hire someone who can do an interview right! peace.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2003, 02:29:58 AM »
He did the remix!!

And another thing.. if Battlecat, JellyRoll, Daz, Focus, Khalil and others make so dope beats that they deserve "the Dre-stamp", why doesn't "their own" beats sound anything like that at all ??
I can honestly say I have never heard a Battlecat, Daz, Khalil, or Focus-beat sounding ANYTHING at all like even possibly a Dre-beat.

So the main theory for Dre-haters is that Battlecat, Daz, Khalil, Focus, etc. deliver all their DOPE BANGER-beats to Dre, for him to release under his name ??
And then keep their own mediocre/average beats to release under their own name ?

Don't think so..

For one, I don't think the whole Khalil thing is true, unless Dre is getting him to work with him on Detox because no current Dre or Khalil beats do sound alike.

The problem I see with Dre is that he takes advantage of his name to make these other producers do work for him when they are just coming up into the game. For instance, back on the early Death Row releases, Warren G and Daz were just coming into the game, and therefore were just pleased to be working with Dr Dre. Therefore they did a lot of work towards those beats that was uncredited. I'm not saying they solely produced the beats, cause Dre obviously had a role to play in the beats, but they certainly were involved heavily in some of them. When you look at say a Warren G album, after the produced by Warren G part in the credits they list all of the people who played the instruments on the track. I think that this was the sort of role which Daz and Warren played on The Chronic and Doggystyle, and it is probably only because neither of these albums exactly had extensive credits that they were not listed. We have seen since then that Dre has actually listed people such as Scott Storch in his album credits who have played major instruments on tracks, and I mean the whole of 2001 said produced by Dr Dre & Mel-Man so he didn't take any shine away from Mel-Man in that situation.

Don't get me wrong, I do think that Dre does take a lot from these up and coming producers, but what I am saying is that he does normally at least give them some credit even if it isn't like co-produced by, at least they are normally listed in the credits. As for Battlecat and Jelly Roll, they are dope beat makers, but the thing is that when you add Dre to that they become better, because he fiddles with their beats and adds stuff to them to make them doper, without him these beats wouldn't turn out as dope, and therefore he should have some credit on the tracks. Recently he has given equal credit on the cuts he co-produced on Xzibit's album and The Wash soundtrack, which is certainly a good sign.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2003, 02:43:12 AM »
He did the remix!!

Don't think so..

shits on point. unless they just give dre a melody and he makes it sound that much better. but i doubt even they do that, because you would still notice.

but NO way khalil is ghost producing for dre. listen to anything khalil has EVER produced and see what i'm talking about.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2003, 02:44:17 AM by Krayzie Mofo Guy »

KVB

« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2003, 01:26:22 AM »
Good interview. I skimmed through most of it but I read what he said about the Vegas altercation and Dr. Dre. It's a well known fact that Dre doesn't always produce everything by himself but I think it was real disrespectful of Bad Azz to denounce Dre like that in an interview, and he's supposed to be his friend... to me it's obvious that he's jealous of Dre. And all this BS about being the best talent on the West Coast, negro please. Dude got a ego problem...  ::)

Props on the interview.

Skindiana bon3z

« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2003, 10:20:53 AM »
Dam that was a nice interview but it was long as fuck  :o