Author Topic: Rapper: Pistol  (Read 113 times)

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
Rapper: Pistol
« on: June 12, 2003, 10:58:11 PM »
Anybody ever listen to Pistol?  He is outta Nashville TN and he's got several albums out.  I've got two of them, one of which was once backed by Ruthless Records--pretty good album.

S.G.V.

Re:Rapper: Pistol
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2003, 01:43:12 AM »
Anybody ever listen to Pistol?  He is outta Nashville TN and he's got several albums out.  I've got two of them, one of which was once backed by Ruthless Records--pretty good album.
yea he was coo...he was the only southern foo signed to ruthless...but once eazy passed...it went downhill...hes ben kinda quiet lately..this aint gettin anymore posts tho...hes south...and hes not outkast...fuckas here dont care about him..

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2003, 07:32:43 AM »
yea he was coo...he was the only southern foo signed to ruthless...but once eazy passed...it went downhill...hes ben kinda quiet lately..this aint gettin anymore posts tho...hes south...and hes not outkast...fuckas here dont care about him..

Thats a bit harsh..but fair i suppose...there are a few southern fans here...but not many in comparison (then again it is called wcc...lol)

"underground king outta Nashville: Pistol

The Memphis sound is really outstanding. It is a tight club sound. Tennesse artist often talk bout fights in clubs some years ago and this fighting attitude has survived in the sometimes even aggressive music. The Nashville sound is similar to the Memphis sound but not so hard. Besides Pistol many other artists blew up in Nashville. STREET FLAVOR RECORDS are a big thing movin, they got a white rapper called HAYSTAK MAK MILLION who is really good. You should also listen to stuff from GREENWADE (solo artist), hes workin on his new indipendent label called Greenwade records, KOOL DADDY FRESH (solo artist), TAYLOR BOYZ (group), PLAYA G (solo artist), THINK TWICE (group), this 3 mcs are still teenagers but they are really good, itz 1 girl and 2 guys, onf of them sounds a bit like Mystikal and the other one raps so fast, i would say he even fucks up Twista, RAWLOW B (solo artist, originally from Alabama) and BLACK & JAY (group), MISTA IAN (solo) with a dope debut. The most recent group who blew up are SERVIN THE WORLD CLICK. Cash Money started workin with them and mastermind Manny Fresh layed down the tracks of this Nashville group. It is really good rap music. Nashville has many good artists, they juss have to blow up. In 1999 a really outstanding records was released by 2 cats called 1ST DEGREE & DEEP SLEEP, "mental prison". This Memphis record is real outstanding cuz itz no club stuff. They have many dark, deep songs on there, with kinda sad piano melodies and stuff. And their lyrics are so good, they dont talk juss gangsta shit. They take street rap on a new different level. Damn, you have to check this shit out. And 1st Degree isn't First Degree from the bay area.
"

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2003, 10:28:11 AM »
"underground king outta Nashville: Pistol

The Memphis sound is really outstanding. It is a tight club sound. Tennesse artist often talk bout fights in clubs some years ago and this fighting attitude has survived in the sometimes even aggressive music. The Nashville sound is similar to the Memphis sound but not so hard. Besides Pistol many other artists blew up in Nashville. STREET FLAVOR RECORDS are a big thing movin, they got a white rapper called HAYSTAK MAK MILLION who is really good. You should also listen to stuff from GREENWADE (solo artist), hes workin on his new indipendent label called Greenwade records, KOOL DADDY FRESH (solo artist), TAYLOR BOYZ (group), PLAYA G (solo artist), THINK TWICE (group), this 3 mcs are still teenagers but they are really good, itz 1 girl and 2 guys, onf of them sounds a bit like Mystikal and the other one raps so fast, i would say he even fucks up Twista, RAWLOW B (solo artist, originally from Alabama) and BLACK & JAY (group), MISTA IAN (solo) with a dope debut. The most recent group who blew up are SERVIN THE WORLD CLICK. Cash Money started workin with them and mastermind Manny Fresh layed down the tracks of this Nashville group. It is really good rap music. Nashville has many good artists, they juss have to blow up. In 1999 a really outstanding records was released by 2 cats called 1ST DEGREE & DEEP SLEEP, "mental prison". This Memphis record is real outstanding cuz itz no club stuff. They have many dark, deep songs on there, with kinda sad piano melodies and stuff. And their lyrics are so good, they dont talk juss gangsta shit. They take street rap on a new different level. Damn, you have to check this shit out. And 1st Degree isn't First Degree from the bay area.
"

Wow, you know quite a lot about that....I remember reading about most of the other artists named in Murder Dog, but I haven't really heard anything from them.  I'm gonna have to check out that "Mental Prison" album.

S.G.V.

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2003, 10:25:40 AM »

Thats a bit harsh..but fair i suppose...there are a few southern fans here...but not many in comparison (then again it is called wcc...lol)

yea is called wcc...true...but eminem and 50 cent are the most popular rappers on here...anyway...whenever u see a south post...if it involves oukast or scarface...the hard-ons are exposed and everyone is postin on the thread...somethin like this pops up...a talented cat...under exposed...and they sleep...

tnp

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2003, 11:29:50 AM »
I have two Pistol albums...the one on Ruthless and then another called "The Shoulda Kill'd Me" it's good stuff...got the first one on Ruthless because I thought it was gonna be West Coast (with a name like Pistol, being on Ruthless and songs about 64s) and was surprised. I'm glad I didn't pass it up like I was going to. Good gangsta shit with a Nashville perspective.

tnp

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2003, 10:26:48 PM »
I have two Pistol albums...the one on Ruthless and then another called "The Shoulda Kill'd Me" it's good stuff...got the first one on Ruthless because I thought it was gonna be West Coast (with a name like Pistol, being on Ruthless and songs about 64s) and was surprised. I'm glad I didn't pass it up like I was going to. Good gangsta shit with a Nashville perspective.

tnp

Same two exact albums I got too!