Author Topic: Favorite Current Rapper  (Read 676 times)

HHH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "hello!!"
Re:Favorite Current Rapper
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2003, 05:32:01 AM »

PLANT

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2003, 05:35:35 AM »
Ive been bumping "Muddy Waters", "Reasonable Doubt" and "Welcome to tha Chuuch" so Im gona say Snoop, Redman, and JayZ are my favorite at the moment.

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2003, 05:44:38 AM »
I'd have to say that Crooked I's mix tape has got my attention and I cant stop bumping it.  Alot of the homies comment on the production, saying that the beats were wack... I for one think they hit harder then a truck and combined with Crooked I's lyrics..??    :o  Well, you could say that truck just made a U-Turn, came back for more and hit even harder!  

To me, producer D V came with it.  He didn't try to get all complicated and shit... he kept it simple, just straight up G-Style beats... Crooked came with G-Style rhymes.  This mixtape came together lovely if you ask me.  Period.

I've also been into alot of Duckdown / Bootcamp Clik shit.  From their earliest recordings to their latest compilation... I've been diggin in the crates and pulling out everything from CoCo Beez to Heltah Skeltah.. As far as crews out the East, Buckshot and his crew get MAD respect and have always kept it real.  Love they shit.

And I had to include (of course) the two artists that ya'll know I've been jockin for a while now.. EA-Ski And Big Lurch / Cosmic Slop Shop.  EA Ski is just sick on the beats and his intensity on the MIC has stepped up big time  His new Mix Tape is in heavy rotation.. And Lurch.. again, he's ahead of his time but ya'll don't hear me.  You wont get this cat unless you sit down and really listen to what the fuck he's saying.. (meaning, headphones.. )  and keep in mind, his most recent legal troubles when you listen.  It all seems to come together and make since.  No doubt he's truely crazy, but if you look back throughout history you'll find that most brilliant people are just that, CRAZY.  

Ax

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

Dr._Funkenstein

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2003, 07:32:56 AM »
The Last Emperor, Talib Kweli & Sly Boogy. Can't stop bumpin' their shit right now...

UDollar A.K.A Nino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm sorry you had to see me like that...
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2003, 07:43:38 AM »
Sly Boogy, Snoop Dogg and Tray Deee. . . . For the moment. . . . ........
"I have loved you," says the LORD. "Yet you say, 'In what way have you loved us?' "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" Says the LORD. "Yet Jacob I have loved" - Malachi 1:2

The final season of Lost - 2010

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2003, 08:51:57 AM »
Elton John and Ricky Martin

budsmokeronly

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2003, 10:17:24 AM »
at the moment I would say Tha Chill of CMW, but he doesn't have a lot of music out.

Maybe MC Eiht.  Maybe M&M.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2003, 10:21:24 AM »
at the current moment it's gotta be either Paris or Mitchy Slick

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2003, 12:26:02 PM »
Yeah, it's the combination of beats & lyrics that makes a hiphop-album, imo..

Liks - X.O. Experience.. great beats, ok lyrics..
Ras Kass - Soul on Ice.. great lyrics, wack beats..

And that's why I can't give top score to both..
But still, it's all about taste. Somebody doesn't need beats as long as there's lyrics, and others will be satisfied with a Will Smith as long as the beats are dope.

Coo.. prop's homie

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2003, 12:59:38 PM »
I'd have to say that Crooked I's mix tape has got my attention and I cant stop bumping it.  Alot of the homies comment on the production, saying that the beats were wack... I for one think they hit harder then a truck and combined with Crooked I's lyrics..??    :o  Well, you could say that truck just made a U-Turn, came back for more and hit even harder!  

To me, producer D V came with it.  He didn't try to get all complicated and shit... he kept it simple, just straight up G-Style beats... Crooked came with G-Style rhymes.  This mixtape came together lovely if you ask me.  Period.

Yo homie, this dude remind's me of the 1989 homie..
Crooked I gives me flashback's of The D.O.C. I can't stop hearing "Portrait of a masterpeice" & "It's funky enough" in every line pitch and verse Crook drop's.. :'(

Being part of the 25 and older hip-hop fan's on this board, Personaly it's kinda hard to feel some of these newer katz.
But Crooked I spark's that shitt when he spitts anything.

For those of us who were bumpin' D.O.C.'s shit in 89' know what I'm talkin' about....His lp was hotter than fish grease.

ImO Crooked I = (New) The D.O.C.
Hatesrats 2oooTre

caTASHtrophe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2003, 01:14:07 PM »
Canibus, Ras and chino

8)

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2003, 01:18:04 PM »
^^The fact that Portrait of a Masterpiece came out just 10 years after Rappers Delight i think proves what a genius The D.O.C was. The speed and the content of his rhymes was just mind blowing at the time (and if you compare it to todays weak shit, it still is). I mean look at Break Ya Neck, loads of people say wow, Busta's so amazing for spitting that fast, but if you compare it to Portrait of a Masterpiece, it ain't as fast and his rhymes are nowhere near as complex or as dope. And Twista fans shut up, because The D.O.C could also rap slow. And he did it first.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2003, 01:23:35 PM »
The fact that Portrait of a Masterpiece came out just 10 years after Rappers Delight i think proves what a genius The D.O.C was. The speed and the content of his rhymes was just mind blowing at the time (and if you compare it to todays weak shit, it still is). I mean look at Break Ya Neck, loads of people say wow, Busta's so amazing for spitting that fast, but if you compare it to Portrait of a Masterpiece, it ain't as fast and his rhymes are nowhere near as complex or as dope. And Twista fans shut up, because The D.O.C could also rap slow. And he did it first.

Preach homie...
My exact thoughts, but what Do you think about my Crooked I comparisson? at times I hear the voice & speed in his delivery and ability to write tight rhymes and switch up the flow flawlessly, I can't help but hear The D.O.C. in there somewhere....ImO
« Last Edit: June 18, 2003, 01:28:53 PM by Hatesrats »

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2003, 01:28:00 PM »
Got to agree, thats why i was so pissed that he signed to Death Row as i figured he would go unnoticed by 99.8% of the rap buying audience and he would have some shit ass production (Darren Vegas and the death row producers or whatever they're called are wack IMO).
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2003, 01:34:22 PM »
Got to agree, thats why i was so pissed that he signed to Death Row as i figured he would go unnoticed by 99.8% of the rap buying audience and he would have some shit ass production (Darren Vegas and the death row producers or whatever they're called are wack IMO).

I knew I wasn't the only one...lol
I hear ya point's on Tha Row homie, But I feel when his lp finaly drop's his talent will shine through no matter who he drop's over.
I really wish I could hear his stuff he did with Hutch.

This beef with Aftermath/DPG is killing the westcoast and preventing our best from being just that. by not collabing with eachother.

OnE
Hatesrats 2oooTre