Author Topic: Got anything to ask Daz Dillinger? Post it here....  (Read 2251 times)

b-PlEaSE

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re:Got anything to ask Daz Dillinger? Post it here....
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2003, 08:14:51 AM »
I hate to jump in, but I do think that the threads on this forum that show what albums are ripped ain't cool.

If i was an artist and I saw info about my album being ripped I'd be pissed. It's very easy to delete those threads and trust me by deleting them we wouldn't lose anything vital to the dubcc community. Most of the replies to those threads are shit like "where can i download it" or "what bot is it on" that kinda shit has been posted here even when Ii was a part of this forum. Think it's about time it stopped. Nima, Rud, Lil' J and All the other webmasters bust thier asses to promote the artists and encourage people to buy their albums. Then you flip over to dubcc and find out where to download that same album we were just promoting. Hope yall feel what I'm sayin'

Ask Daz why he dont wanna squash the JT Beef...

Don Seer

« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2003, 08:33:28 AM »
yeah i know what you're saying.. but saying we're 'promoting piracy' is a step too far in my eyes.. dubcc isnt pirating stuff.. people cant help but talk about whats been ripped... you cant change that.

answer me this.. where does most of the 'exclusive' audio on fan sites come from? for years its been hook up from rips the sites get from IRC before they hit the bots.

and as an example.. I promoted WC's album here.. and they promised me the album, I didn't download it, I waited for them to send me the stuff... i missed out being able to talk about the album myself... and it took them 6 months to send me what they promised.. by that time the album was long gone, and i'd actually given up and bought a copy of the album myself after about 4 months waiting... and thats the first time i heard it.. tight album but I had no idea what it was like until waaaay too late... bad promotion huh?

Don Seer

« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2003, 08:46:02 AM »
here are our rules on mp3s...

Illegal Music Distribution

- Trading and Selling of bootlegs is prohibited.

- Discussion of mp3s is fine, as are instructions on getting things from IRC etc.

- No posting of hidden direct links to mp3s. If externally hosted mp3s are posted make sure they are labelled as having no connection to the board. Links to sites containing them is ok. The reason for this is that in the eyes of the user, and more importantly the law is that is obvious the file doesnt come direct from WCC, but from an external site that we have no control over.

- Dont harrass people publicly or privately for mp3s they dont have to do *anything* for you. if you cant make the effort to go get them from a shop/irc/kazaa/winmx or whatever then its on you.

budsmokeronly

« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2003, 11:07:01 AM »
I hate to jump in, but I do think that the threads on this forum that show what albums are ripped ain't cool.

If i was an artist and I saw info about my album being ripped I'd be pissed. It's very easy to delete those threads and trust me by deleting them we wouldn't lose anything vital to the dubcc community. Most of the replies to those threads are shit like "where can i download it" or "what bot is it on" that kinda shit has been posted here even when Ii was a part of this forum. Think it's about time it stopped. Nima, Rud, Lil' J and All the other webmasters bust thier asses to promote the artists and encourage people to buy their albums. Then you flip over to dubcc and find out where to download that same album we were just promoting. Hope yall feel what I'm sayin'

Ask Daz why he dont wanna squash the JT Beef...

man fuck that.  any artist that gets pissed at dubcc, basically I say fuck em.  dubcc promotes the fuckin shit out of westcoast artists.  some artists probably get most of their promotion from dubcc.  Hell I know I have bought quite a few album thanks to dubcc.  Bootlegging is gonna happen regardless.  Artists need to get over that and find a way around it, but it sure as hell ain't dubcc fault if an artists does shitty.  But I do think dubcc helps an artist do better.

Don Seer

« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2003, 12:45:19 PM »
^ if their product is good that is ;)

ag

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2003, 01:48:28 PM »
every other credible news hip hop site forum looks nothing like this, its ridiculous how much information you can get on bootlegging in here, sure u cant download it here directly but u might as well be able too becuase there are explicit instructions littered everywhere.  its so fuckin retarded for you to promote artists then turn aroudn and let people post links to blatant locations where the album can be downloaded on mirc.  your lucky that half these artists dont even understand what the MIRC talk is.  im making sure that this interview you do wiht daz is the one and only.  things might have been different in the past but we really need to stop this shit, too many artists are being killed by bootlegging, you have a chance to fight the trend but you are doing nothing of the sort.  i remember when me and bplease started the whole WCA affiliate idea and this forum i regret it now because of how this place deals with piracy.

ag
« Last Edit: June 23, 2003, 01:50:42 PM by ag »
respect the vision.
respect the hustle.
respect the architect.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2003, 02:17:05 PM »
ag......Don't talk like U a factor in this muthafuca......Sit back & play yur position kid.......

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

KingRichard

• 'G'
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2003, 02:19:36 PM »
ag aka alex g aka dpgc2k aka alex gallegos aka put in work for free.... how can you say wcc promote piracy/bootlegging?

i remember when me and bplease started the whole WCA affiliate idea and this forum i regret it now because of how this place deals with piracy.

Do you see a WCC FTP with every DPG album/song in mp3 like you used to have? do you see illegal mp3's posted here like on dpgc2k?

Nima Question to ask daz: how does he like hanging with French crips?

funkstylz

« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2003, 02:21:32 PM »
ag , man you don't understand how these young rappers are  gettin their name out by people just downloadin they music,  if i hear some shit i like and it's some non-mainstream rapper i'm finna go to they site and order they album, notice how the mixtapes n shit are starting to go for free online? they preparin to release some big shit, they gonna attract more of an audience by their shit being released on the net, and this way the consumers aren't being cheated out of their money by pickin up some wack ass album, they can listen to the shit be like damn this tite, or damn this wack, if they really want the album they finna buy anyways

Bigg Baller Loc

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2003, 05:58:20 PM »
* Is he really signed to So So Def

* Is that really him who posts on tha DPG forum

* Who he has Beef with

* Who is officially signed to DPG Recordz

* Is he still releasin that Kurupt album

ag

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2003, 09:41:55 PM »
guys took some good shit that we started a long time ago and fucked it up.  and im telling  you right now this daz interview you have, will not happen again, your lucky kp already booked it, if not it wouldnt of happened.

all of u  need to quit this bootlegging shit, one thing is peer to peer but another is fucking it up and letting people have a grandstand for piracy
respect the vision.
respect the hustle.
respect the architect.

Don Seer

« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2003, 12:37:20 AM »
1) You never started WCA forum. Me and b-please did. but yes b-please started WCA with you. I paid for it, did all the techie shit, hosted it and worked out how to run it etc etc. this is the reason he was never an admin back then, because there wasnt really a need.. plus he never actually asked to be one. B-please did the banner and helped with the gfx for the initial version because thats his area, even now he only has < 500 posts, he was never that active, not much of a forum bod. when 'the split' from WCA happened it was over a situation where i felt my trust in him was broken badly... and then ya'll kicked me out ::) anyways we're straight now... so quit trying to bring up the past.

2) dubcnn is not wcc. I did not make, do not run and do not own the site, but yes I am staff.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Overseer »

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2003, 12:47:59 AM »

2) dubcnn is not wcc. I did not make, do not run and do not own the site, but yes I am staff.

and dubcnn has not ONCE supported bootlegging. go quote me ONE news update, review, interview whatever where we in any way support bootleggin. we always tell the people to go pick up the records. and if you'd read dubcnn you'd know that.

KingRichard

• 'G'
« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2003, 12:59:33 AM »
dubcc/dubcnn tell you whats coming out and whats on the streets, it promotes the artists. ftp's are to download the music, ag has an ftp full of every DPG mp3s.

you do the math

nothing against you kid, but over the last year you turned into a crip, for instance you'll say "pc" instead of "pz or peace", type with bold blue and basically act a fucking knob. That's where privacy is a great effect with AOL< you can hide from the groupies and the compaq crips.

Killa-G

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • GATE 13 Style
« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2003, 09:46:45 AM »
1. Ask him how deep is the beef with Kurupt?
2. Will he work with Dr.dre and will he be on Detox?
3. Does he really write in the gangstavill

www.aphroditi.de/pao
The German WestCoast fan Page By killa-G 8)
G-A-T-E 13