Author Topic: TOT Rules - PLEASE READ, they are enforced now  (Read 3911 times)

TheSheriff

TOT Rules - PLEASE READ, they are enforced now
« on: June 19, 2003, 08:13:27 PM »
We, the moderators of Train of Thought, having decided we need further guidelines, as well as seeing the need to explicate rules already in place, have decided to codify a set of the aforementioned.

For as long as we, the undersigned, are moderators in this forum, we will enforce these rules to the best of our abilities. We want TOT to become what we always hoped it would be: a somewhat refined forum, full of intelligent conversation and mutual respect.

{rules}

GUIDELINES:

1)
All threads must be on topic. The topics we are looking for are ones about politics, the arts, religion, and so on. This forum is a “serious” forum, though we appreciate humour on the relevant topics being posted here.

If a thread is off topic, it will be moved to the relevant forum. If it strays off topic, irrelevant posts will be deleted, unless they are especially amusing or valuable in a different regard.

FOOTNOTE: With newspaper articles; if someone is obviously bombing the forum with these, they will all be deleted. Try to keep yourself to one a day. There’s no such thing as spamming gum, we can’t help you break the addiction. Just go cold turkey.

2)
Racism, sexism and any other form of discrimination will not be tolerated. TOT is not a beef forum. Any thread created for beef purposes will be deleted, and any thread that turns into a beef thread will be pruned, so as to leave only relevant posts. We ask you assume that every poster is intelligent and informed, despite any evidence to the contrary. Respect your fellow posters, even if they do not return the favour.

3)
If you disagree with a moderator’s decision, contact, via PM, email or an instant messenger, another one of the undersigned moderators, or, alternatively, Overseer or Rud. Do not post inflammatory topics on TOT about it.

{/rules}

We’re only human. We make mistakes. Don’t scream at us for one unreasonable decision. We have our good days, and we have our bad days. But we’re trying. We’re here to keep discussion enjoyable and constructive, and we hope the abovementioned rules will help in that process.

SIGNED
Owen Edwards aka Mr T aka Inspector Owen
Kanwar Singh aka Blade
Siavash Nahasapeemapetilon aka Doggy
Martin Olague aka M Dogg
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 08:31:48 PM by M Dogg »

Genius

Re:TOT Rules - ALL READ
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2003, 08:29:29 PM »
No problem 8)

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2003, 11:46:09 PM »
irrelevant posts will be deleted, unless they are especially amusing or valuable in a different regard.

the rules are good...

but, does ^^^ this mean that all moderators in this forum find the same things amusing? lol

Genius

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2003, 12:15:24 AM »
I think the 'rules' incorrectly assume that the moderators aren't part of the problem.  Blade Excluded.  

Great point.

TheSheriff

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2003, 08:08:14 AM »
I think the 'rules' incorrectly assume that the moderators aren't part of the problem.  Blade Excluded.  

Read the final paragraph, Ron.

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2003, 09:21:48 AM »
and why was my twin towers thread deleted??.. i stated my fucking opinion .. it didnt violate none of your "guidlines" .. it did turn to a beef thread, yes, but somebody deleted the "whole thread" which is against your own words... .... so who's responsible?? ima talk to overseer about this....
« Last Edit: June 20, 2003, 09:29:57 AM by Maestro »

Don Seer

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2003, 10:08:40 AM »
^ and where did the post he made complaining about it go? coz i saw that

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2003, 10:31:21 AM »
^ and where did the post he made complaining about it go? coz i saw that

that one.. i deleted myself...(to follow their 'rules') ... but they still had no right deleting my twin towers thread.. the issue i brought up was definatly not ignorant, racist or similar....
« Last Edit: June 20, 2003, 10:33:06 AM by Maestro »

TheSheriff

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2003, 02:16:27 PM »
I deleted that. I may have made a mistake, I don't think I did. Your original post was "alright", but the whole thread was just trash after a couple of replies.

Repost it, and explain why rather then leaving it alone last time (some people flipped cause they didn't think you explained enough, then calmed down after you ddi in detail).

EDIT: I didn't delete any complaint thread. I never saw it.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2003, 02:17:08 PM by Mr T »

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2003, 03:08:05 PM »
I deleted that. I may have made a mistake, I don't think I did. Your original post was "alright", but the whole thread was just trash after a couple of replies.

Repost it, and explain why rather then leaving it alone last time (some people flipped cause they didn't think you explained enough, then calmed down after you ddi in detail).

EDIT: I didn't delete any complaint thread. I never saw it.

Any thread created for beef purposes will be deleted, and any thread that turns into a beef thread will be pruned, so as to leave only relevant posts

you dont even follow your own made rules, and still you think you did nothing wrong.... btw.. you've been in this forum long enough to know that we do not delete threads, no matter how ignorant they may be... the worst thing we do is to lock in, unless overseer says otherwise....
« Last Edit: June 20, 2003, 03:08:34 PM by Maestro »

TheSheriff

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2003, 04:09:33 PM »
I may have made a mistake

We’re only human. We make mistakes.

That's all I will say to your accusations, but in future:

If you disagree with a moderator’s decision, contact, via PM, email or an instant messenger, another one of the undersigned moderators, or, alternatively, Overseer or Rud. Do not post inflammatory topics on TOT about it.

P.S. The whole "deleting threads" business is hardly canon. In G Spot, you'll find, threads are deleted when they are offensive or useless. If there's a thread in here, for instance, made purely for beef, saying "MUSLIMS SMELL" or "JEWS HAVE BIG NOSES"...You expect me to lock it and let people look, get annoyed, and get angry they couldn't respond?

No.

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2003, 04:14:35 PM »
I may have made a mistake

We’re only human. We make mistakes.

thats why yall shouldnt delete threads.. yall only humans... yall will make MORE misstakes... yall will delete MORE important/relevant threads...

That's all I will say to your accusations, but in future:

P.S. The whole "deleting threads" business is hardly canon. In G Spot, you'll find, threads are deleted when they are offensive or useless. If there's a thread in here, for instance, made purely for beef, saying "MUSLIMS SMELL" or "JEWS HAVE BIG NOSES"...You expect me to lock it and let people look, get annoyed, and get angry they couldn't respond?

No.

^^ you can absolutely not compare my thread to that

TheSheriff

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2003, 04:25:08 PM »
You said that we should never delete threads. I showed that, on occasion, we should. It's purely down to judgement.

Genius

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2003, 07:20:39 PM »
Like he said, it's all based on judgment. They're moderators, not gods. Cut them some slack. They do what they believe is best for that instant moment, and just make sure they're "moderating". They can't make everybody happy, but only try to prevent the majority from becoming frustrated.

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2003, 07:25:02 PM »
You said that we should never delete threads. I showed that, on occasion, we should. It's purely down to judgement.

on occasion, yall should.. like if somebody makes a really ignorant thread... but you knew that my thread wasnt ignorant, still you managed to delete it.. yea yea.. it was a "misstake".. watever.... i would appreciate if you let the other mods delete future threads started by me that may be retarded, just to prevent your "misstakes"....