Author Topic: Danish Pizzeria owner fined for discrimination  (Read 224 times)

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Danish Pizzeria owner fined for discrimination
« on: June 20, 2003, 04:20:00 PM »
Danish pizzeria bans French and Germans

A Danish pizzeria has banned French and Germans from dining there because of their country's stance on a war with Iraq.

Aage Bjerre, who owns Aage's Pizza on the island of Fanoe, said he's tired of French and German attitudes toward the United States.

He's put two homemade drawings on the shop door, one a silhouette of a man coloured red, yellow and black for Germany and another in the red, white and blue for France.

Both silhouettes have a bar across them.

He says Germans will be allowed in if their country joins a war on Iraq, but the French will have to endure a lifetime ban.

Aage said: "Hadn't the United States helped Europe in defeating Germany, there would have been photos of Adolf Hitler hanging on the walls around here."

The ban has yet to effect his business because the tourist season only starts after Easter and peaks during the summer. "I do what my conscience tells me to do," he said.

He added: "Frenchmen have a lifetime ban here. Their attitude toward the United States will never change."

© Associated Press

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_754383.html?menu=news.quirkies

LOL....

A Danish pizzeria owner who refused to serve French and Germans because their governments didn't back the war in Iraq has been convicted of discrimination.

Aage Bjerre, who owns the resturant on Fanoe Island, was investigated by police after he wouldn't serve the tourists.

He called them "anti-American".

In February, Bjerre also reprinted his menus to eliminate German translations.

A Danish court fined Bjerre 5,000 kroner (£475) or said he could spend a week in jail.

"I will not pay. I'll do the time," Bjerre said.

"I feel that I was convicted for supporting the coalition."

However, he said he would appeal the decision, despite offers from supporters to pay the fine.

"Every day I turn tourists down, but my conscience is doing fine," he said, adding he has received more than 200 letters from around the world offering support.

"That means a lot more to me than losing money," he said, adding he's lost nearly 50,000 kroner (£4750) because of a drop in business and repairing vandalism to the shop's front.

© Associated Press

Sub-Z

Re:Danish Pizzeria owner fined for discrimination
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2003, 04:23:38 PM »
lmao

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2003, 04:24:52 PM »
justice have been served

TheSheriff

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2003, 08:54:09 PM »
There is a difference between what is the law and what is justice, my friend.

I respect the man for standing up for his beliefs.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2003, 12:14:58 AM »
that's a crock of shit on both sides

the pizza owner: i mean i applaud how whole heartedly he stood up for his beliefs, but c'mon man , not every german or french person is like that. plus i mean if they are; it's not like they're shoving THEIR beliefs upon you. If they are, fine , i wouldn't serve them either but c'mon man that's kinda petty.

the government: that's bullshit. putting someone in jail for not serving pizza?! again i'm glad i live in the US, where we have a right to refuse service to anyone. it's not exercised much , but if the government doesn't own it, or if it's not public property you have a say on who you don't want to serve , if you want. this is bullshit if you support the war in iraq or not....maestro you're a closet nazi for supporting this!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2003, 12:16:19 AM by Don Jacob Corleone »

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Sub-Z

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2003, 01:12:41 AM »
again i'm glad i live in the US, where we have a right to refuse service to anyone.

cant refuse to serve a black person,theyll take you to court for racial discrimination faster than you can blink

*this post is not meant in a offensive way,its just the way things are,its happens all the time

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2003, 01:18:33 AM »
yeah, true, sometimes there's weird loop wholes to our rights .  but i think if you have justifyable cause to refuse service any judge will throw out the case. my work goes through this a lot as a matter of fact. lol

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Woodrow

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2003, 11:28:14 AM »