Author Topic: sly boogies album sucks...  (Read 1650 times)

Gangsta_T

• T-Records CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • alldayeveryday another dope album!who can compete?
sly boogies album sucks...
« on: June 21, 2003, 05:02:32 AM »
just had the first chance to listen to his album...
and what i've read in here so far, everybody said he is da shit...

after bumpin the album
i gotta say, what is so great bout him ?

his album is like 5.5 of 10...
i can name 50 better rappers out da bay / sac area
comin in as solo artists new to da game that are 50 % better than him

pz

T
REMEMBER: big dicks in yo ass is bad fo yo health!
Ice muthaphukkkin Cube

RIP :
Eazy-E, Fo Clips, Cougnut, Big L, Mausberg, Roger Troutman, Tupac, Notorious BIG, Big Pun, Mr Cee & Hitman of RBL Posse, Speedy Loc, JMJ, Tone Capone

FUCK Nelly & St Lunatics
FUCK the Neptunes & Timbaland
FUCK Puff Daddy
FUCK Murder Inc
FUCK Eminem & 50 Cent
FUCK all RnB Snitches & Bitches

"im rare as finding warm pussy in an igloo"

S.G.V.

Re:sly boogies album sucks...
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2003, 02:10:55 PM »
i dont think this is ur kinda album...hes no gang bang rapper...he doesnt holler out "saaawoooop"....so his appeal is lost on u...hes a real lyricist with real lyrics...somethin 98% of the stuff u bump doesnt contain....please...only person that probably comes close to touching sly from sac and the bay is lynch....and thats real...

Gary

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2003, 03:26:36 PM »

after bumpin the album

pz

T

your on crack.  The album is tight.

40oz GRApHire

• Funk Doctor
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PS: I'm still a Buddhist :)
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2003, 03:29:48 PM »
When it comes to the basic music I agree with Gangsta T but SGV is right on the lyrics, I dont think Lynch is the only from the Bay/Sac who can be concidered better but Sly Boogie has some nice skills and thats a fact.
40oz Graphire

S.G.V.

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2003, 03:59:39 PM »
When it comes to the basic music I agree with Gangsta T but SGV is right on the lyrics, I dont think Lynch is the only from the Bay/Sac who can be concidered better but Sly Boogie has some nice skills and thats a fact.
no...musically it was fine...its not the same ol g funk bullshit...theres no over samplin of roger troutman(ur roger troutman'd out...settin a bad example-crooked i) or george clinton...its straight hip-hop made for hip-hop heads....and nobody up in the bay or sac...or l.a. or san diego can see sly boogy lyrically...nobody...not lynch...not crooked i....not xzibit...not saafir...not yukmouth...only person comin close is rassy kassy...

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2003, 05:43:12 PM »
only person that probably comes close to touching sly from sac and the bay is lynch....

I dunno about this comment.....

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Jim Jones

• Banned
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2003, 07:08:23 PM »

after bumpin the album

pz

T

Nah man, this album is dope. The Lyrics and production are ill. I don't see how someone can not like this. Give it some time, maybe it will grow on u....Like SGV said nobody can fuck wit sly.

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2003, 10:13:25 PM »
i agree with SGV sayin this was more of an underground hip hop album, the beats arent gangsta or G Funk at all, they are more grimy and eastcoast like at times, IMO this album was made to display his lyrical skills cause he has plenty of them,

my opinion on this album is that it is dope, the beats fit him since he is more underground than gangsta, when i listen to this album i pay more attention to his lyrics then i do to the beats he was given, this album is way more than 5.5/10, its more like a 8/10, HOWEVER it would be nice to see if boogy can get production from other producers like fred wreck, e swift, alchemist and others

« Last Edit: June 21, 2003, 10:14:31 PM by TheOneandOnly »

Tha_Reverend

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2003, 01:02:51 AM »
this is a great hip hop album.  that's all it is.  HIP HOP.  and it's raw as fuck.  I look at this as pre solo album to showcase his talent on the mic.  he does some dope ass free styles and has a few hard hitters for the ride.   I have a feeling that if he hooks up with the right producers and goes big time, that this album would be worth some $$$ cuase it's so underground and no body really knows about it.  I think his next effort should be an album that has ALL original songs by him.  More songs that you could bump in your ride and play in clubs.  no free styles.  

but this album is definately raw and underground.  and the more I think about it, he doesn't really sound like a rapper that would fit in the main stream game.  main stream is all about pop records.  shit to play for the fuck of it.  main stream is moslty club songs and feel good songs I guess.  I don't really know.  but  this dude is an underground rapper that is more solid on his lyrics and his delivery.  that's real hip hop.    

40oz GRApHire

• Funk Doctor
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PS: I'm still a Buddhist :)
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2003, 01:07:25 AM »
I dislike Hiphop so that probally why I cant feel it..  :-\

Also how can the west strike back at the east with a bitten style? I mean the West needs to come with their trademarks not with others that are currently gettin' more airplay.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2003, 01:08:58 AM by 40oz Graphire Aka The Abominable Snowman »
40oz Graphire

Gangsta_T

• T-Records CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • alldayeveryday another dope album!who can compete?
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2003, 05:24:27 AM »
i dont think this is ur kinda album...hes no gang bang rapper...he doesnt holler out "saaawoooop"....so his appeal is lost on u...hes a real lyricist with real lyrics...somethin 98% of the stuff u bump doesnt contain....please...only person that probably comes close to touching sly from sac and the bay is lynch....and thats real...

how you know what im bumpin???
why you frontin on me the last months man?!
ooh i guess i know why...

just to make clear, you dont know what im bumpin...
and i guess my man guru still will fuck your sly boogie over...

and lynch da only one touchin him from da sac?
cmon...

oh yea
i gottaagree wit graphs post !!!
REMEMBER: big dicks in yo ass is bad fo yo health!
Ice muthaphukkkin Cube

RIP :
Eazy-E, Fo Clips, Cougnut, Big L, Mausberg, Roger Troutman, Tupac, Notorious BIG, Big Pun, Mr Cee & Hitman of RBL Posse, Speedy Loc, JMJ, Tone Capone

FUCK Nelly & St Lunatics
FUCK the Neptunes & Timbaland
FUCK Puff Daddy
FUCK Murder Inc
FUCK Eminem & 50 Cent
FUCK all RnB Snitches & Bitches

"im rare as finding warm pussy in an igloo"

Jome

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2003, 05:53:03 PM »
As a mixtape, it's dope.
As a album, above average.

S.G.V.

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2003, 07:04:43 PM »

cmon...

oh yea

dawg...ive talked to u enough...i know what u bump...u bump shit like tweedy bird loc...garbage music made by lame gang bangers who think they can rap...thats word...they dont have substance in their rhymes...u dont understand the metaphors...the word play...its lost on u...and guru is a much more well rounded emcee...but if he was to go heads with sly...sly would destroy him...and no...no one from sac or bay can see sly...not San Quinn...not X-Raided...not Bo...not Tay...not Yuk....we could go verse for verse here...oh and why am i "frontin" on u?...because ur a jealous bastard...who fronts online...with absolutely NO rapping skills...

*bumps "What Up T"*

*breaks computer*

pappy

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2003, 07:33:01 PM »

cmon...

oh yea

dawg...ive talked to u enough...i know what u bump...u bump shit like tweedy bird loc...garbage music made by lame gang bangers who think they can rap...thats word...they dont have substance in their rhymes...u dont understand the metaphors...the word play...its lost on u...and guru is a much more well rounded emcee...but if he was to go heads with sly...sly would destroy him...and no...no one from sac or bay can see sly...not San Quinn...not X-Raided...not Bo...not Tay...not Yuk....we could go verse for verse here...oh and why am i "frontin" on u?...because ur a jealous bastard...who fronts online...with absolutely NO rapping skills...

*bumps "What Up T"*

*breaks computer*
wtf, gangsta t raps.  aint he from belgium lol.  i love how he talks about rappers being fake an yet hes from finland or soem shit

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2003, 07:38:09 PM »
lol