Author Topic: Gay Bishop  (Read 186 times)

ITW [the irish boy]

Gay Bishop
« on: June 22, 2003, 03:18:44 PM »
Theres been controversy in Uk about nomination of a gay preist for bishop. This has shown up how homophobic many people still are. Its a fact there have been gay bishops before, just not openly. The fact is he's a good man, a good priest. One commentator compared it to the south of america in the first half of the century with racism against blacks. In 50 ppl will look back and be amazed at peoples ignorance and intolerance. How do you feel?
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

The Big Bad Ass

Re:Gay Bishop
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2003, 06:51:25 PM »
The bible outlines homosexuality as being immoral, and even punishable by death in the old testament. I think it is rediculous, and selfish for someone who is gay to try and get a position like that. Just because the lord will forgive you for being gay (not saying you irish thug) does not make it okay to be it. I feel this is sacreligion in it's highest form.

OutSider

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2003, 09:42:04 PM »
yeah but the pope accepts homosexuality and in the catholic faith.. what the pope says.. is ok.. is ok... because the lord speaks through the pope... btw.. it is ok.. for a priest or bishop to be gay.. as long as he doesnt have sexual relations.. with man or women..

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2003, 09:49:04 PM »
If he didn't have sexual relations, he's not gay.  

This is fruity.  How the hell can somebody teach and preach when they're living in contradiction TOTALLY what they're teaching.  This isn't like he makes mistakes, this is, he actively chooses to go against the teachings of the bible and the church.

The entire bible and the entire gospel is based upon the family unit, from god to his son down to adam and his wife, all the way down to Mary Joseph & Jesus, Abraham and his wife (s) and sons , David being damned because of his infidelity, etc. etc. etc. etc.  The entire bible is about the family unit, and homosexuality is in direct contradiction to the sanctity of the family unit.  

i'm not saying it's bad (although I think it is :) ) I'm just saying you can't be a gay christian.  

TheSheriff

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2003, 10:22:20 PM »
Goddamn Anglicans.

Goddamn Catholics, with their fucking corrupt Archbishops. OH BASIL HUME, WHY DID YOU DIE? We have this loser Murphy-O'Connor now...

Anyway. No, there should not be a gay bishop, in either Catholic or Anglican faith. The Pope has said homosexuality is not evil, but he has NOT said they cna be senior members of the church if they, uh, practice what they don't preach...um, yeah

If he's not assfucking, that's a little better, but still...

zevin64

• Lil Geezy
  • The Enigmatic One
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2003, 05:00:08 PM »
The only problem I see is if "it's all good" that he's gay like completely nothing is wrong with it and he isn't repenting because of it.

I particularly don't like how priests are being pressured by things such as evolution to the point where teachings in the bible have to be modified and some completely disregarded. It doesn't make sense to trust some parts of scripture but ignore other parts.

HHH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "hello!!"
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2003, 01:31:30 AM »
The bible outlines homosexuality as being immoral, and even punishable by death in the old testament. I think it is rediculous, and selfish for someone who is gay to try and get a position like that. Just because the lord will forgive you for being gay (not saying you irish thug) does not make it okay to be it. I feel this is sacreligion in it's highest form.

agree  ;D

mauzip

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2003, 01:48:26 AM »
who cares? you don't have to live with him do you?

TheSheriff

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2003, 07:11:50 PM »
who cares? you don't have to live with him do you?

DOES NOT COMPUTE