Author Topic: So tired of the hatin...  (Read 781 times)

DreDay

• Lil Geezy
  • Free Project Pat!!!!!
So tired of the hatin...
« on: June 22, 2003, 04:41:21 PM »
Mane,

This shit is gettin a little out of control.  If you aint from the West or affiliated with 50, Dre, or Eminem people bitchin about your shit is either not "real hiphop" or it is wack.  People postin ignorant shit like "southern artists are fags" or they can't understand why Lil Jon is popular.  People like to get crunk and chant lyrics and shit over different beats.  Not just nod your head while someone uses a bunch of complicated ehymes over some simple ass beat.  Like the shit you want, but don't hate on people because they sellin more than your west coast artists.   Lil Jon just went platinum and your pissed at him cause he gets on BET and maybe on MTV 2 once in awhile.  Quit fuckin hatin man.  The minute Dre drops a new beat or you hear some Obie Trice shit, you start wettin your pants like the shit is the greatest of all time.  Then you say the industry is fucked up cause Roscoe aint pushin units.  He's just gettin started.  You got to have some major exposure to start sellin right away. Be real man.  Quit the fuckin hatin.  

Trauma-san

Re:So tired of the hatin...
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2003, 06:21:14 PM »
Umk... by the way, I'm gonna go vote for "ridin' spinners" on bet now! That's what the world needs, more materialism.

The Watcher

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2003, 06:26:18 PM »
i just got my teeth gold capped
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2003, 06:30:29 PM »
an i'm radddin spinnahhhss, ahm riddinn spinnahhhhsss

OHHH KAYYYYYY

OHHH KAYYYYYY

*bangs keyboard against monitor and records it

Bigg AG

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2003, 06:51:20 PM »
an i'm radddin spinnahhhss, ahm riddinn spinnahhhhsss

OHHH KAYYYYYY

OHHH KAYYYYYY

*bangs keyboard against monitor and records it

ROTFLMAO hahaha im out!!!

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2003, 07:23:26 PM »
i assume from reading peoples posts that they don't get out very much. when you're at a party you want something that bangs and you don't want some super lyrical rapper spitting something you have to think about. you just want to get loose, drink, smoke, and have a good ass time. now after saying that if a topic here is directed towards a southern artist it usually gets ignored about 95% of the time if outkast aren't mentioned.
i guarantee you if dre started producing for lil jon almost everyone here would jump on his dick without even thinking.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

S.G.V.

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2003, 07:57:34 PM »
if it aint dpg/aftermath they dont care...lets take 50 cent for instance...i dont remember ONE thread about 50 until he signed to aftermath...all of a sudden hes everyones favorite artist...why? because of affiliation...lets take The Game...when he was with JT nobody was propin him that much...now...hes gettin his nuts licked every which way...these cats cant appreciate south music...they dont do shit...they sit at their computer in their little dpg/aftermath world and thats it...they sometimes incorporate jay-z...nas...outkast or scarface..but thats it...pretty much if eminem doesnt give his stamp of a approval they dont care...if u cant get crunk...we understand...but dont try to take away from the music...lil jon is a top 5 producer right now...and at least HE makes HIS own beats...he doesnt have musicians play key boards for him...he does it all on his own...fuckas dont know

Gary

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2003, 08:00:53 PM »
That Lil Jon feat Ying Yang Twins song is the worst song of the year. How can somebody like it? i dont understand. Its torcher listening to that awful shit.

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2003, 08:26:20 PM »
Work with me a little Gary.  Torcher=torture.

You still my  buddy though.

Fonzie..lol

Gary

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2003, 08:44:49 PM »
Work with me a little Gary.  Torcher=torture.

You still my  buddy though.

Fonzie..lol

typo 8)

DreDay

• Lil Geezy
  • Free Project Pat!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2003, 08:57:54 PM »
I knew you would come correct SGV.  

S.G.V.

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2003, 09:03:49 PM »
I knew you would come correct SGV.  

u know it dawg...i been sayin that since day 1...

Trauma-san

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2003, 09:45:08 PM »
It comes down to people just have different tastes, 'mayne'.  Most people like melodic stuff, that's catchy, you guys are more into rhythmic stuff.  So, we like something that's got a nice little riff in it, you like something that pounds and has a rhythm, you like when people scream the same bullshit over and over again, we like when it's got a little hook.  No big deal, it's just difference of opinion.

BTW, anybody else catch Lil Jon on Rap City the other day, when he refused to freestyle? Talentless.

abstruse

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2003, 09:45:33 PM »
I dont like most Shady/Aftermath artists, and I absolutely hate the shit the South puts out.  Of course with a few exceptions like Outkast and Scarface.

VDK REPPIN!

DreDay

• Lil Geezy
  • Free Project Pat!!!!!
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2003, 10:26:43 PM »
K,

I don't want to keep talking about this shit, but do you understand that the stuff they are yellin over and over again is called a "hook"  What else would you call it?  "I aint neva Scared" is the hook of the song.  The south way more melodic than the west right now.  What have you been listening too?  Like SGV says, Lil Jon plays a bunch of instruments.  You'd be amazed at the musical elements on the new 3-6 mafia, but you don't feel like trying it out, which is fine.

Finally, why the fuck do you have to be able to freestyle or else you are talentless?  You gotta be forced to freestyle or somethin in there?  Do you know that the majority of people on RapCity rap old shit from their past albums or rhymes that haven't been released on an album yet.  You saying Dre is talentless for not being able to freestyle?  Jesus, get a clue.