Author Topic: So tired of the hatin...  (Read 780 times)

S.G.V.

Re:So tired of the hatin...
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2003, 10:44:13 PM »
It comes down to people just have different tastes, 'mayne'.  Most people like melodic stuff, that's catchy, you guys are more into rhythmic stuff.  So, we like something that's got a nice little riff in it, you like something that pounds and has a rhythm, you like when people scream the same bullshit over and over again, we like when it's got a little hook.  No big deal, it's just difference of opinion.

BTW, anybody else catch Lil Jon on Rap City the other day, when he refused to freestyle? Talentless.
btw...have u caught dres last two albums?...he doesnt write his rhymes....TALENTLESS!

Bigg AG

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2003, 01:46:10 AM »
fucc tha South i hate pretty much everysong they come out with except Scarface Luda and Outkast....i like sum underground chopped and screwed shyt... i dont like that much East coast either... idk i jus like shyt that im feeling and i dont feel too much mainstream shyt. im out!!!

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2003, 04:34:02 AM »
is the reason for the love artists get when they down with Dre/DPG that hard to see?

people recognize them.. it dosn't mean they only like em cuz they affiliated.. they simply didn't know em before or didn't pay attention cuz they only heard a few tracks

of course there's people who will praise everyting affiliated with certain artists but that's not the majority..

and u can see the effect the other way round too.. these artists sell alot n shit but they also get a whole shitload of hate by people who can't accept their success

look at all the ones who hate 50 just cuz he's successfull now and say he never been Gangsta and he's a snitch and shit which is just str8 up false..

I know many of those who hate on him would love him if he was signed by their favorite underground label and call him underrated.. its not the Aftermath / DPG fans being all ignorant and shit but just the fact that everybody's preferentially checkin for artists who be affiliated with their favorite artists cuz it'sd more likely they gon like these than a random other artist..

would u check for a new dude u hardly heard of who recently signed to Siccmade for the simple fact he's on Siccmade now, although u never thought he was anything special judging from the few tracks u know SGV?

I guess u would and so would I... and if u feel his shit u would give him the props u think he deserves.. ain't nothin wrong about that

the only difference is Aftermath is the biggest label --> they got the most fans --> they got the most people checkin for their artists and supporting them if they feel their shit

S.G.V.

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2003, 11:11:06 AM »
would u check for a new dude u hardly heard of who recently signed to Siccmade for the simple fact he's on Siccmade now, although u never thought he was anything special judging from the few tracks u know SGV?

I guess u would and so would I... and if u feel his shit u would give him the props u think he deserves.. ain't nothin wrong about that

if i had heard him before? and i didnt like him? probably not...i like dre...and ive always disliked 50...i didnt jump up and check 50 because he was signed by dre...i gave a fuck less....if i im goin to like someone...its gonna be all about their skill...

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2003, 12:13:20 PM »
The main reason for the majority of peeps on this board being Aftermath/DPG fans is because most people who first joined the board came from the Dr Dre 2001 Message Board. The thing is that some of those people still don't check for hardly anything outside of Aftermath and DPG, and just jump on the nuts of every artist which signs for either of them.

To be honest I ain't really feeling most of the stuff that comes out of the south simply because that sound doesn't appeal to me, I can tolerate it at parties and shit, but I wouldn't sit down and listen to a whole southern crunk album. But it doesn't mean that I don't check for it every now and again, cause one day I might hear a southern album that I really like and then start get into it more.

The point that the Hoe Hopper made was very valid, I mean I do tend to checkout any artist who is affiliated with Gangstarr simply because I know that Gangstarr are quality and therefore hopefully their affiliaties will be to. However, if I check for them, and they are wack then I'm not gonna pretend to like them just cause of their affiliations. If 50 had signed with Preem or Guru then I still wouldn't have liked him, cause I simply think that as a rapper he is wack. I probably would have picked up the instumental version of the album simply for some Premo beats but other than that I would leave his shit alone.

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2003, 02:18:58 PM »

if i had heard him before? and i didnt like him? probably not...i like dre...and ive always disliked 50...i didnt jump up and check 50 because he was signed by dre...i gave a fuck less....if i im goin to like someone...its gonna be all about their skill...

not if u didn't like him.. if u just didn't recognize him as a dope artist cuz u know like a very few tracks he was featured on and u didn't really paid attention
« Last Edit: June 23, 2003, 02:19:49 PM by The Hoe Hopper »

S.G.V.

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2003, 12:23:50 AM »

not if u didn't like him.. if u just didn't recognize him as a dope artist cuz u know like a very few tracks he was featured on and u didn't really paid attention
ok...so like someone like icantbus aka canibus...i cant stand him...so what ur askin if he got down with my favorite artist...would i dig his music?...no...even if canibus had dj quik produce his whole album...i wouldnt care...hed still be booty to me...

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2003, 06:24:36 AM »
lol I'm not talking about someone u don't like.. only a retard would force himself to like someone just cuz he's down with his fav artist

to make my point clear let's say if u didn't know the artist at all before.. u would check him out, of course not automatically like him, but u'd give him a chance which u (of course) wouldn't have given him if u did not know him..

and if u like his shit u'd support him and give him his props

that's exactly how it is with The Game for example

and I don't see any hatin in that.. just a lack of knowledge