Author Topic: dr dre appreciation thread  (Read 509 times)

LazyLatino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:dr dre appreciation thread
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2003, 05:35:20 PM »
Black Mafia Life WAS released 1992........i dont remember  if it was BEFORE the Chronic dough.

Peace

Jome

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2003, 06:58:21 PM »
LoL @ some people giving the credit for a dope tune to ANYBODY as long as it's not Dre.
Face it.. you can't have a C.V. like THIS, and not have at least 95% of the credit yourself.. impossible.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2003, 07:23:21 PM »
for those who say Dre is better than Quik, check album credits, Quik plays some of his own instruments, does Dre do that? and Quik produces mostly by himself, Dre often uses a Co-Producer (Mel-Man, Mike Elizondo, etc)
West Coast Producers Better Than Dre:
DJ Quik
Afrika Islam
Ice-T
Big Hutch
Paris
Shorty B
Rick Rock
Daz Dillinger

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2003, 07:24:05 PM »
and don;t think i'm hating, i like Dre & all i just state the facts + think he's overrated as fuck

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Jome

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2003, 09:59:25 PM »
 ::)

LazyLatino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2003, 02:39:54 AM »
LoL @ some people giving the credit for a dope tune to ANYBODY as long as it's not Dre.
Face it.. you can't have a C.V. like THIS, and not have at least 95% of the credit yourself.. impossible.

Ehhh your CV is kinda wrong...First of all...Bushwick Bill neva did a song with Dr Dre.., he just TALKED on stranded on death row..and second of all...all those classics 88-93 there was only 3 done by the Doctor himself. And AFTER 95 the good doctor neva been the same. The thing is that all of that work you listed, i bet u think that all of that shit is a classic..and THAT is the big difference between me and you. And about givin other people credits for the work with Dre...i just feel that the work Colin Wolfe and them put on the Chronic has such major influence that it wouldnt hardly has sounded as good without them. You are aware that Colin came up with the bassline melody too "Deep cover" right? And too XXplosive also? Without him=No Classic tracks. Just as simple as that.

Peace

LazyLatino