Author Topic: Affirmative Action  (Read 1456 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re:Affirmative Action
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2003, 12:53:25 AM »
you're an ass

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Genius

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2003, 12:56:27 AM »
 8)

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2003, 01:53:26 AM »
a lot of u guys dont seem to understand how human nature comes into play, when creating a policy like Affirmative Action. The idea behind it was, that its understood that people are prejudice. People are racist, period. And those prejudice/racist views will be carried out in every part of life, including hiring others. For so long in this country, theres been racist policies that have made it to where one race/sex has made it to the top...while others havent. Now, seeing as how PEOPLE are racist (not just white males), there needs to be a way to even the odds basically. Its not AGAINST white males. If roles were reversed, and Black males, or Hispanic males...or whoever, were in power other then White males, the same prejudices would be hurting White males. But thats not the make-up of the country.

Its not about just, giving an advantage to a minority...its about making things even, so in the future, everyone has the same opportunity. There's no way to make people NOT be racist. And its VERY hard to make sure employers, etc. dont discriminate against others based on race/sex/ or whatever. So, knowing that many, many, many times white males recieve jobs simply because they are white males, (remember the make-up of the country), u need to counter-act that somehow. What do u do, other then make a policy enforcing them to actually hire others also. Putting a little sign up saying "we are an equal opportunity employer", doesnt exactly mean shit. Ive seen many times, where an employer takes an application from a black person, and immediately sets it aside. Even saying, when asked if they would hire then, "no, theyre black". Ive yet to see that against a White male. So yall should really quit crying over it. None of becoming homeless anytime soon because of Affirmative Action. And last time i checked, the "White neighborhood" was still, the "Rich neighborhood", (im sure ill hear it from Trauma or Tom, but its true in the eyes of a minority)

And last, why does everyone seem to turn Affirmative Action into a race thing everytime its brought up. Its more then just race. Women benifit frum Affirmitive Action, more then any other group.

Sub-Z

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2003, 03:25:38 AM »
And last time i checked, the "White neighborhood" was still, the "Rich neighborhood", (im sure ill hear it from Trauma or Tom, but its true in the eyes of a minority)

well in my eyes minorities dont even deserve to be in this country,much less get a advantage over whites for jobs,acceptance to colleges etc etc. they dont even deserve jobs period

*in my opinion of course

Trauma-san

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2003, 04:28:13 AM »
Dago, so you're saying that since you're a minority, you CANT be successful on your own; it's beyond you.  You need white people to help you out.  You need us to declare you a little better than us, because *sniff *sniff you're just not gonna be able to make it on your own... BECAUSE OF YOUR SKIN COLOR.  

Yup; solely because of your skin color! That's what this is based on.  You're a minority, because of your skin color, so that means that you CANT DO IT.  You just can't... you're just not as smart as white people when it comes to getting into a college.  You need an advantage.  Lord knows you'll never get in by yourself.  If it comes down to you and another white person, you need an advantage because we all know the white person is more intelligent.  

Am I reading you right?  

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2003, 06:57:39 AM »
I believe that there should be equality of opportunity for all...if minorities do not recieve the same resources in terms of schools and teachers, then obviously they're gonna be behind.  In many cases, if minorities had access to the same resources whites had, they would perform to a higher stand.  That is why AA is still needed.

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2003, 02:04:59 PM »
Dago, so you're saying that since you're a minority, you CANT be successful on your own; it's beyond you.  You need white people to help you out.  You need us to declare you a little better than us, because *sniff *sniff you're just not gonna be able to make it on your own... BECAUSE OF YOUR SKIN COLOR.  

Yup; solely because of your skin color! That's what this is based on.  You're a minority, because of your skin color, so that means that you CANT DO IT.  You just can't... you're just not as smart as white people when it comes to getting into a college.  You need an advantage.  Lord knows you'll never get in by yourself.  If it comes down to you and another white person, you need an advantage because we all know the white person is more intelligent.  

Am I reading you right?  

no, youre not.

what im saying is, if u have two sprinters in a 40 yard dash. And one has to start 10 yards back from the other, and then expected to keep up or even pass the other runner. Should something be done to make sure the runner with the disadvantage, stands a chance?

Im not saying white people are wrong here. Im half white anyways. Like i said, ALL people are prejudice. ALL people allow prejudice to play into their decisions (like hiring, etc.). So since this country has allowed one sex of one race to solely be ontop, there needs to be a way to level things out, and give others a chance. A white man, is going to give the advantage to a white, male applicant...period. Just as a Black man, Hispanic man, or female, or whatever...would probably give the advantage to one more like them. But when one group is doing all the "hiring", because of past racist policies...how do the other groups ever come up? By running twice as fast as any white male. Thats what u call fair?

I dont think anything should be HANDED out. But, right now it gets HANDED out to white males all the time. So why is it wrong to try and level that out? Because its against you now? Because the advantage towards one side, isnt as great anymore? When America bombs the shit out of another country, completely destroying their society, businesses, etc. we give them aid to help them build themselves back up (supposedly). And all of you would say how compassionate America is. But, when this country does the same thing to its own citizens...their expected to just, "do it theirselves". Kinda funny.

Oh, and Sub-Z....unless yur Native American, u dont belong here anymore then any of us.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2003, 02:11:04 PM by .:DayGoStyLz:. »

Genius

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2003, 05:10:04 PM »

well in my eyes minorities dont even deserve to be in this country,much less get a advantage over whites for jobs,acceptance to colleges etc etc. they dont even deserve jobs period

*in my opinion of course

And what helps you base this opinion?

Minorities don't deserve to be in this country? Why? Because we're immigrants to this country just like your forefathers were? Are you too ignorant to know that your "white" people weren't the original people to inhabit this land? In that case, the Native Americans should have the right to deny you and your white folks jobs. Isn't that the way it should be then?

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2003, 06:22:50 PM »

Am I reading you right?  

no, youre not.

what im saying is, if u have two sprinters in a 40 yard dash. And one has to start 10 yards back from the other, and then expected to keep up or even pass the other runner. Should something be done to make sure the runner with the disadvantage, stands a chance?

but that's gay dude, the best man should always win, not EVERYone has racist intentions!

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Sub-Z

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2003, 07:47:02 PM »

*in my opinion of course

And what helps you base this opinion?

Minorities don't deserve to be in this country? Why? Because we're immigrants to this country just like your forefathers were? Are you too ignorant to know that your "white" people weren't the original people to inhabit this land? In that case, the Native Americans should have the right to deny you and your white folks jobs. Isn't that the way it should be then?

they dont deserve tobe here because all they are is fuckin trouble,if they could straighten their act up people wouldnt have a reason to hate them

pappy

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2003, 08:04:24 PM »
see u need something like afirmative action b/c it aint fair when a black guy who is more qualified but does get a job over a white guy b/c of skin color.  but where does it end.  it aint fair that more whites that are more qualified arent gettin jobs cuz of skin color

Trauma-san

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2003, 10:17:15 PM »

Am I reading you right?  

no, youre not.

So, because you're a minority, you feel you're not as good as me?  You're 10 yards behind me in the dash, just because of your skin color?  

The way to correct that would be to put you up NEXT to me.  Not to put you 10 yards ahead of me.  

Again, this all boils down to, just because you're a minority, you have a victim mentality where you think you can't succed in america, when if you look at successful black people, they give thanks to themselves, not the government.  The only way you will ever get ahead is if you realize we all have problems we have to overcome in our lives; yours is you are a minority.  

Mine is I'm poor.  I was born in West Virginia; everyone there is poor.  My mom's family were all coal miners, my dad's family were all construction workers.  My dad busted his ass for years, moved us out of West Virginia, becuase the opportunities there were limited.  We moved to charlotte, to the ghetto.  I lived with my 4 brothers and sisters in a house with no heat for several years, until we could save enough money to buy a trailor.  (I am NOT kidding).  We moved into the trailor, and saved enough money to buy a house in southern charlotte, in the middle class neighborhoods...

My dad dies, and now I'm struggling saving money to pay this house off, so I can save money for my children.

Don't tell me you can't overcome racism on your own.  Life is unfair, it was unfair to my dad when he was born to poor parents, it was unfair to me when I was born to poor parents.  He overcame it, I'll overcome it, and with the right attitude, and some responsibility, you can overcome anything thrown at you, WITHOUT the government's help.

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2003, 11:12:59 PM »
..........So where's the affirmative action in basketball?

dexter

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2003, 08:07:45 AM »
A Good thing. 2 Right a few WRONGS from the past.

TheSheriff

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2003, 10:05:42 AM »
See, with Ronnie and Tom, and me, and Craig...y'all see it's not just blacks and mexicans who are poor. Affirmative action means poor white people stay poor; you'll find that many manual labor companies have mostly coloured employees, and you'll also notice in terms of unskilled laborers, there are, percentage wise, more whites than coloured unemployed.

Affirmative action was not started as an evil plan to keep whites out of work, but it was flawed. We let guilt get in the way of logic.