Author Topic: Affirmative Action  (Read 1457 times)

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
Re:Affirmative Action
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2003, 10:12:08 PM »
..........So where's the affirmative action in basketball?

In case u dont know the history of Basketball, along with almost ANY other sport in this country...originally, blacks or other minorities were not allowed in the league with white players. So, after that was finally abolished...youre saying what? We should go back to not allowing minorities in pro sports, again simply because they are better at basketball now?

To, Scorpion....i had an incredibly long response to what u said...all typed out on here, and the fukin computer froze. So oh well, im not gonna retype the whole thing. Basically, its like this...Affirmative Action isnt in place, because white males are BETTER then minorities or women. its in place because they have a much better CHANCE at success in this country. Not because of what they are CAPABLE of, but because of what stands in particular groups paths to success....that does NOT stand in the way of the white male (in this country). I dont believe anyone, is better then anyone because of their race or sex. So can u explain why it is that white males seem to be doing MUCH better in this country, then any other group (black, hispanic, female, etc)? Is it just because they are that much better then everyone else? Or is it because they (in the past) implemtented policies to KEEP themselves on top, and now for decades, and decades, and decades..they have maintained that, by hiring, promoting, accepting their own. Not saying its some sort of PLAN by the whiteman. But like i said, EVERYONE is prejudice. So being as how certain groups have been pushed to the back and givin an unfair disadvantage to succeed, the only fair thing u can think to do is say..."make it on yur own". Honestly, thats bullshit. The problem is, alot of people take this shit as something personal about them. Alot of white men seem to think this is an attack on them. Its not. No one is saying that YOU did anything wrong. But it seems as though there is a LOT of whining coming from people, who are now realizing they have to compete on the SAME playing field, rather then with an advantage. Like i said, ALL people are prejudice in their own right...including, white males. So unless youve managed to find a way to make sure no one is prejudice, this is what needs to be done.

And Owen, i feel what youre saying....somewhat. But i dont agree that Affirmative Action is based on guilt. I think its based on understanding. Its not about needing a handout, its about needing a fair shot.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2003, 06:49:16 AM »
See, with Ronnie and Tom, and me, and Craig...y'all see it's not just blacks and mexicans who are poor. Affirmative action means poor white people stay poor; you'll find that many manual labor companies have mostly coloured employees, and you'll also notice in terms of unskilled laborers, there are, percentage wise, more whites than coloured unemployed.

Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Genius

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2003, 11:17:20 PM »

well in my eyes minorities dont even deserve to be in this country,much less get a advantage over whites for jobs,acceptance to colleges etc etc. they dont even deserve jobs period

*in my opinion of course

And what helps you base this opinion?

Minorities don't deserve to be in this country? Why? Because we're immigrants to this country just like your forefathers were? Are you too ignorant to know that your "white" people weren't the original people to inhabit this land? In that case, the Native Americans should have the right to deny you and your white folks jobs. Isn't that the way it should be then?

they dont deserve tobe here because all they are is fuckin trouble,if they could straighten their act up people wouldnt have a reason to hate them

See then you have to apply it to everything. You can't just hand-select specific cases you ignorant fool. For example, the Europeans (white people like you) brought chaos and disease to the New World. White people like Timothy McVeigh need to straighten their act up as well. All the hicks, crackers, and trailer trash pieces of shit that resemble you need to straighten their act up.

Genius

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2003, 11:18:39 PM »
Plus, in case you didn't know, your ancestors were immigrants. In this case your statement applies: immigrants such as your ancestors should've been kicked out of the country because all they left is dirty, ugly, dumb offspring.

Woodrow

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2003, 03:34:12 AM »
Why don't we take a look at what's going on in the Netherlands right now?

http://www.expatica.com/index.asp?HRSite=&pad=2,366,&item_id=32377
Deportation centers? I wonder how come this didn't get any attention from the people on this board?

« Last Edit: June 29, 2003, 03:34:47 AM by Engel-Rock AKA Dances With Bitch »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2003, 03:52:10 AM »
See, with Ronnie and Tom, and me, and Craig...y'all see it's not just blacks and mexicans who are poor. Affirmative action means poor white people stay poor; you'll find that many manual labor companies have mostly coloured employees, and you'll also notice in terms of unskilled laborers, there are, percentage wise, more whites than coloured unemployed.

Affirmative action was not started as an evil plan to keep whites out of work, but it was flawed. We let guilt get in the way of logic.

^^i understand you man. But this is where people get it twisted sometimes. Affirmative Action isnt just about race. So dont say "white people", say "white males". Women are included in the groups that benefit from Affirmative Action. As for poor white males, having trouble finding a job...im sorry, but i dont really feel sorry for yall. I mean, i feel sorry for anyone who cant find a job. But, i...in NO way believe you would have a harder time because of your race...then any other person. Affirmative Action, has helped things for minorities and women...BUT it isnt active EVERYwhere. And although you can try n make sure everyone has a chance to "get the job", there are still PLENTY...i mean...PLENTY of people out there that would hire you, based on nothing else other then your race and sex. Prejudice has alwayz been evident in people, but i never noticed it so much in my life, until i started working. You really catch how fucked up some peoples views are when hiring, and ive YET to see any of those views going AGAINST white males.

TheSheriff

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2003, 08:58:12 AM »
there are, percentage wise, more white unskilled labourers than coloured unemployed.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2003, 01:01:47 PM »
there are, percentage wise, more white unskilled labourers than coloured unemployed.

lol@ that quote being rearranged a lil bit...

and as far as that goes, if "coloured" means "black", there are far more white people in this country. Not to mentioned, those are numbers that are not even going to be close to accurate. Last, im not exactly sure what part of the country yur from man....i thought it was Georgia (i might be wrong)....but take a walk around your city, and find the worst neighborhoods, with the worst education, with the worst chance of succeeding in, and let me know what color the people are. Maybe you happen to live in the ONE city in the country where everyone there is a white male, but i doubt it.

TheSheriff

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2003, 01:16:01 PM »
As I'm sure you realize, the quote meant exactly the same thing.

And I said percentage wise. I don't mean in terms of numbers. I don't mean there's 10 unskilled white men unemployed for every 1 unskilled black.

I meant that, for sake of argument, 7 percent of unskilled white males are unemployed, whilst 4 percent of coloured (by that I meant black, mexican, whatever) males are unemployed. It's that kind of difference.

This isn't as true in the big cities as in the rural areas, but nonetheless, it's a national average.

Also, for semi-skilled and skilled labourers, coloured people (and women) are more unemployed than white males. I was using an example (the unskilled area) where affirmative action had fucked up badly.

And yeah, I'm from Georgia.

Trauma-san

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2003, 01:24:58 PM »
In the end, it comes down to minorities are doing themselves a disservice with Affirmative Action.  Who do you think is passing these laws? White people.  Like I said, this is more white people telling you you're not good enough.

I'm not worried about any effect affirmative action is going to have on my ability to be successful, becuase frankly, I'm that damn good.  If everybody would live up to their potential, you wouldn't need the government giving you handouts like this.  

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2003, 11:03:34 PM »
In the end, it comes down to minorities are doing themselves a disservice with Affirmative Action.  Who do you think is passing these laws? White people.  Like I said, this is more white people telling you you're not good enough.

I'm not worried about any effect affirmative action is going to have on my ability to be successful, becuase frankly, I'm that damn good.  If everybody would live up to their potential, you wouldn't need the government giving you handouts like this.  

its true what you say, people shouldnt approach life as if they are going to get help. Help, is just that...help. You should do it on your own, and if help is there...then good. But, thats just the individual mindset one should have for their OWN success. That doesnt mean that the help should not be there. Living up to your potential is great, all im saying is...some people need far less "potential" to make it, then others...which isnt fair.