Author Topic: A Man Of Honour - The Autobigraphy of Joeseph Bonano  (Read 186 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
A Man Of Honour - The Autobigraphy of Joeseph Bonano
« on: June 27, 2003, 11:01:33 AM »
i just finished reading this book,and i have thuroughly enjoyed.

it starts with his childhood living in sicily and comeing to america with a histry of the cosa nostra from '20's to the '60's and the dirty tricks the government used to try and convict him him and his family. but more importantly it describes honour and values of the old skool mafia.

has any1 else read this book? if anyone is looking for something to read i highly recomend it.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
Re:A Man Of Honour - The Autobigraphy of Joeseph Bonano
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2003, 11:21:26 AM »
the dirty tricks the government used to try and convict him him and his family

Come on man, if you can convict these killers I don't care how dirty you get.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2003, 11:40:11 AM »
and what if u happen to be inicent? they were trying to convict him for things he hadn't done after he retired. they cudn't get pin anything on him while he was active and he didn't do any dirty work since the twenties. he was the voice of reason on the commission and saved lives.

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2003, 11:53:20 AM »
Ok you know more than me.

You watch the Sopranos?  How accurate do you think it is?

TheSheriff

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2003, 12:00:38 PM »
Why the hell are you idolizing a criminal who murdered and extorted people?

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2003, 02:00:57 PM »
"morte alla francia, italia anela" (death to the french, italy cries out) this is where the mafia originated, back in sicily when the french invaders were raping the women and the sicilians rose up against them. it baught a tradition which has survived centuries of different occupiers. where family values and respect are at the forefront.

family members represent a crosssection of society including bakers, shoe makers, doctors, lawyers, priest polititions etc. not everything they did was what the american society considers illegal and some of the things they did the sicilians couldn't understand. for example gambling and acahol which sicilians did in sicily and continued to do when the doors were openned to them in america to exploit their cheap labour, as they were things their culture considered as acceptable. killings are what kept people in line just like america still uses capital punishment today.

"in my family, some activities were clearly considered out-of-bounds. i did not tolerate any dealings in prostitution or narcotics. i was against extortion as an arbitrary instrument of collecting money from people. perhaps other families didn't adhere to my strict guidelines, but this was my way" - joe bonano - a man of honour

today the mafia is no different to the gangs run by the pueto-ricans, irish, jews etc. it no longer follows the same kinship relationship it once had it has terned americanised and controled by the CREAM

i would say the sopranos is a glorified version of this modern americanised mafia, which is very entertaining. i have heard rumors that is actually based on a new jersey family, how much truth is in that i don't know.