Author Topic: BBC banned from israel... austrailian tv lobbied...  (Read 259 times)

Don Seer

BBC banned from israel... austrailian tv lobbied...
« on: July 01, 2003, 03:43:01 AM »
woo cover up

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/07/01/1056825386691.html

Israel to lobby ABC over nerve gas documentary - July 1 2003

The Israeli government will lobby Australia's national broadcaster to ditch plans to screen a controversial BBC documentary on the Jewish state.

The program, Israel's Secret Weapon, asserts that Israel has used nerve gas against Palestinians and possesses an arsenal of chemical, biological and nuclear weapons.

ABC Television today said the program would be screened but it had not yet been scheduled.

Israel's ambassador to Australia, Gaby Levy, said he would ask the ABC to reconsider airing the program.

Head of Israel's government press service, Daniel Seaman, said the BBC program bordered on Nazi propaganda and anti-Semitism.

advertisement

advertisement

Israeli officials have been banned from appearing on the BBC as a result of the program and visa restrictions have been imposed on BBC journalists.

But Mr Levy said no such action would be taken against the ABC because it was not involved in the documentary's production.

"I'm going to of course appeal to the ABC and tell them what our arguments are for them to reconsider (screening) it," Mr Levy told AAP.

"We're not going to take any measures simultaneously with what we're doing with the BBC in Israel, it's not the same."

Mr Levy said the program demonised Israel and was the latest chapter in the BBC's anti-Israel campaign.

"The thrust of the program was demonising Israel by presenting and portraying it as a pariah state, a country of the axis of evil if you want," he said.

"Every country has a right to have secrets if they belong to its own security, self-defence and so on."

A publicist with ABC TV said it was not known when the documentary would be aired.

"It's definitely in our system, we will be showing it, we just don't know when," she said.

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
Re:BBC banned from israel... austrailian tv lobbied...
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2003, 05:37:10 AM »
Has this already been shown on the BBC? Or is it gonna be shown soon?  Becuase it sounds quite interesting and I don't remember hearing anything about it.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2003, 06:07:59 AM »
not sure.. just came across the story earlier

TheSheriff

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2003, 07:51:19 AM »
So, Geezy, what's your response to this?

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2003, 11:05:33 AM »
This is another example of how under the banner of "anti semetism", International Jewry will manipulate and control in order to have their way.

LMFAO@ Nazi Propoganda....fuckin bastards
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

SCY

• Lil Geezy
  • The Playa To The Haters
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2003, 11:09:25 AM »
well i better pack my burgen for israel lol
walking thru life making ya preparations. big shout out to bentley boys, Phatt Matt, dj stompa, topgroove and not forgetting Giro City Crew

Genius

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2003, 02:27:04 PM »
Another sign of Israel's manipulation of the media. I wonder how much more is being swept under the carpet. Remember that story of the Israeli soldier who ran into a house and shot a woman and her children for no reason. There was a reporter behind the soldier who captured everything on videotape, and was planning to present it to the public through his TV station. The Israeli government kept begging the station not to air this footage. Does anyone know what ended up happening? Did they air it, or did the Israeli government once again manage to buy themselves out of the truth?

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2003, 08:56:10 AM »
That is fucked up, it's a shame many people still fail to realize the manupilation going on.  There must be a lot of stuff like that being swept under the carpet which we don't realize.  Peace.

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...