Author Topic: Timbaland is not a Hip Hop genius  (Read 785 times)

On The Edge of Insanity

Timbaland is not a Hip Hop genius
« on: July 01, 2003, 12:21:54 PM »
I was watching some program on MTV today about the making of Justin Timberlakes album and he said on the program that Timbaland is a hiphop genius. To be honest I totally disagree with that, for me most of his hiphop work has been plain average. I would say that he is an rnb genius because almost all of the stuff he did with Aaliyah was like  :o, and most of his Missy tracks have been pretty dope, but on a hiphop level he hasn't done that much dopeness.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Timbaland is not a Hip Hop genius
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2003, 12:26:35 PM »
I never thought he was that great of a producer for rap music.

S.G.V.

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2003, 12:26:47 PM »
i havent heard many beats better than big pimpin or ugly...timbo is one of the first producers to incorporate jungle/drum n bass into his beats...soon enough thats gonna be the trend...hes a genious as far as im concerned....

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2003, 12:27:44 PM »
i never thought he was that great myself.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2003, 12:29:24 PM »
Ummm, as a producer's perspective......I believe Timbaland is a genious......He brought in new elements 2 tha game and is setting trends.......Y'all aint knowin.......

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

bez

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2003, 01:48:04 PM »
never really heard noffin of his that was like daaaaaam

Reef

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Guess Whos Back?
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2003, 02:47:30 PM »
Ive never been really amazed by timberlands work. Nothing has ever really made me say.. daam (like bez sed lol). its all down to opinion in music at the end of the day.

Genius

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2003, 02:55:53 PM »
Timbo is a great producer. Like Rod said, he sets new trends and brings new shit to the game.

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2003, 03:18:19 PM »
Timbo is a great producer. Like Rod said, he sets new trends and brings new shit to the game.

Can you and Rod please explain how for those of us who don't listen to him/like him.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Genius

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2003, 04:12:01 PM »
No

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2003, 04:16:08 PM »

Timbaland & Missy Elliot together equal one of the dopest duo's ever in Hip-hop history.
The Gift of Beat & The Gift of Pen = Hit Recordz.

Jim Jones

• Banned
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2003, 04:57:17 PM »
Timbaland has fallen off. He was in his prime  between 97-00'...His beatz are sounding like shit these days.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2003, 04:57:44 PM by Realizm »

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2003, 05:40:55 PM »
I never thought he was that great of a producer for rap music.

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2003, 05:41:38 PM »
I never really liked much of Timbaland's production.

Jome

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2003, 06:40:09 PM »
I believe I have heard about 85% of Timbaland-beats.. and I think he's a genius.
He have set so many trends, it's not even funny.. r'n'b-tracks is now following Timbalands blueprints all over the world.. and his synth-sound, drum-patterns and more is getting studied and copied in all sorts of genres.. including hiphop.

The Westcoast isn't as influenced as the East/South, but in the East, you can find his sounds & techniques everywhere.. from Rockwilder to Just Blaze to Rodney Jerkins to Max Martin to Mannie Fresh to Irv Gotti.. they have all picked up tricks from Timbaland.. just like every credible hiphop-producer have tried to make a "Dre-beat"..

Like Timbaland himself says: "The climax, niggaz be bitin my hi-hats
and following my drum patterns, but I done that!"

I think you can ask about 95% of other producers and artists in the game, and they will tell you that Timbaland is a genius.

The one thing I find strange, is that his wackest beats is selected or given to Westcoast artists.. Snoops tracks on Last Meal was average, Shade Sheists beat from Timbaland.. plain boring..

It's not for nothing that Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, Michael Jackson, Madonna have asked for Timbaland-beats..
And if you take a look at his C.V. (click link), and actually check out what he's working with.. you will rate him a genius too.
First and foremost in the r'n'b-genre, cuz he revolutionized that, but also in hiphop.