Author Topic: Nelly - Nellyville  (Read 1231 times)

S.G.V.

Re:Nelly - Nellyville
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2003, 11:28:33 PM »
I don't associate pop with popular music but with a type of music..

unlike Em Nelly ain't got no lyrics or anything to respect as a hiphop fan even though both got pop singles
well...i hate to break it to u...but ur boy 50 would be in the same boat as nelly...in that case...right or wrong?....pop is pop....if its on mtv...its pop...on the radio more than 5 times a day...pop...sorry but its the truth...

JTSimon

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2003, 11:34:52 PM »
country grammar was the better album...but nellyville was tight...all hatin aside...its just as pop as the new snoop....or any eminem album...

i agree entirely...the whole reason they call anything pop is because its POPular...which makes anything mainstream pop. although i would call some artists more pop than others...anything mainstream is pop.
Nelly makes good music.

Don Breezio

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2003, 11:36:16 PM »

unlike Em Nelly ain't got no lyrics or anything to respect as a hiphop fan even though both got pop singles
well...i hate to break it to u...but ur boy 50 would be in the same boat as nelly...in that case...right or wrong?....pop is pop....if its on mtv...its pop...on the radio more than 5 times a day...pop...sorry but its the truth...

very well said...i'd give u props if i had the power to do it lol

Frank The Rabbit

• Lil Geezy
  • Feel the bass
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2003, 11:39:36 PM »
Nelly needs to be curbstomped back into obscurity.

And take that homo with the mask back to the St. Loony bin.

What's crackalakin' Donnie?

JTSimon

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2003, 11:44:07 PM »

very well said...i'd give u props if i had the power to do it lol
Eminem is more pop than anyone alive. With his wanna be gangsta image.
Why do think he picked up 50?

White-Chocolate

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Live My Life A Legend Immortalized By Lyric'Z
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2003, 01:12:02 AM »
country grammar definately better but i actually was just listening to this and i was listening to "say now" not a bad song actually, been feelin' it lately
peace
Look Into TheZe EyeZ, What Do U C? That'Z Right, Nothing, I'm A Mystery
White-Chocolate
Westsiiide Riidah
The GAME Ain't the SAME A Damn SHAME

mauzip

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2003, 01:37:07 AM »
i like country grammar better...it has more songs i like and even though their getting old it was still better quality...i loved "luvin me" and "for my" and shit...every other track on that cd. the only songs i was really feelin off nellyville were "nellyville", "hot in herre" "roc the mic remix" "#1" "dilemma" and "CG2"

yup yup

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2003, 02:22:25 AM »

wrong

u hear a difference between In Da Club and Cry Me A River?

rap <--> pop..

Nelly ain't really rappin
Ja Rule is more singin that rappin so that's RnB

there's the difference

50 sings a hook pretty often but that's it

I agree both do popular music so does/did Pac, Biggie, Nas and many more and i ain't see people callin their shit pop

all this "popular music" talk is some silly shit and it ain't gettin to the point cuz yall are givin it a different meaning than the discussion about Nelly was originally meant to have..

nobody is blaming Nelly for being popular but for the type of music he makes

how is Em a wanna be G when he clearly sais he ain't?

just check is wanksta remix as one of numerous examples "I ain't no gangsta I ain't got to stop frontin"

S.G.V.

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2003, 02:30:46 AM »

wrong

u hear a difference between In Da Club and Cry Me A River?

rap <--> pop..

Nelly ain't really rappin
Ja Rule is more singin that rappin so that's RnB

there's the difference

50 sings a hook pretty often but that's it

I agree both do popular music so does/did Pac, Biggie, Nas and many more and i ain't see people callin their shit pop

all this "popular music" talk is some silly shit and it ain't gettin to the point cuz yall are givin it a different meaning than the discussion about Nelly was originally meant to have..

nobody is blaming Nelly for being popular but for the type of music he makes

how is Em a wanna be G when he clearly sais he ain't?

just check is wanksta remix as one of numerous examples "I ain't no gangsta I ain't got to stop frontin"

i dont see any difference in nellys content as opposed to 50s...its pretty much the same ol shit...as for in da club and cry me a river...if ur goin that route...then e.i. and cry me a river are nothin a like...accordin to ur way of thinkin...nelly is not pop...nelly raps...but he has a sing songy voice...ja rule raps...but he incorporates a harmony...like bone thugs...are bone thugs r & b?....

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2003, 02:50:19 AM »
no they have an won style of 'singin' plus it's not all singin

some of em got a very fast flow n shit

Ja Rule obviesly sings just check out that single with Ashanti some time ago..

speakin on features.. that's another aspect of being pop/RnB.. Ashanti kinda is Ja's standart feature.. that's not HipHop

mauzip

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2003, 03:06:59 AM »
why don't we just call Nelly and Ja Rule hippop? ;)

Don Breezio

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2003, 12:31:53 PM »
works for me ;)

Jome

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2003, 05:57:31 PM »
LoL @ SGV starting useless discussion (knowing he's wrong) just to get people pissed..  :D

There's a difference between being popular and making pop-music.
Eminem, Nelly & 50 Cent all makes popular music, but Nelly is the only that actually makes pop-music.
End of story.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2003, 06:24:04 PM »
In my mind there is a different in being pop and making commercial music.

Eminem is pop but (for the most part) does not make commercial music.

I find it funny how popularity changes some people's opinions of thier music.  Someone like DJ Quik makes more commercial music than Eminem or 50 Cent.  "Hand In Hand" or "Pitch In On A Party" are more commercial than "Without Me" or "In Da Club" and if those two songs blew up people would start talking shit about Quik and putting him in the "pop-music" category.  

I don't think I worded it well.   :-\

Jome

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2003, 08:42:24 PM »
In my mind there is a different in being pop and making commercial music.

Eminem is pop but (for the most part) does not make commercial music.

I find it funny how popularity changes some people's opinions of thier music.  Someone like DJ Quik makes more commercial music than Eminem or 50 Cent.  "Hand In Hand" or "Pitch In On A Party" are more commercial than "Without Me" or "In Da Club" and if those two songs blew up people would start talking shit about Quik and putting him in the "pop-music" category.  

I don't think I worded it well.   :-\

Yes, you did.
But as long as DJ Quik are selling 10K records, people aren't gonna categorize him as neither pop or popular.
Even Ras Kass have made just as poppy songs as Eminem & 50 Cent, but he doesn't sell, so he doesn't get blasted..