Author Topic: Nelly - Nellyville  (Read 1234 times)

Jome

Re:Nelly - Nellyville
« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2003, 10:46:32 PM »
::)
dont be upset jome...the truth must hurt?

I read the line about 50 setting hiphop back, and then concluded with "bullshit".
I couldn't be bothered reading the rest of the bull..

The hating has gone over board.. before you left it was at least sorta believable, but now it seems you don't even believe what you are writing yourself.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2003, 10:48:03 PM by PhaŽoahe Jome »

S.G.V.

« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2003, 11:16:37 PM »

I read the line about 50 setting hiphop back, and then concluded with "bullshit".
I couldn't be bothered reading the rest of the bull..

The hating has gone over board.. before you left it was at least sorta believable, but now it seems you don't even believe what you are writing yourself.

i believe everything i write...50 is ruinin hip hop...since hes in the forefront...if he was just playin a back role...hed still be hurtin hip hop...but not as bad as he is now...

btw....as long as everyone hates on ja like this...or hates on nelly etc...ima continue to hate on 50...cuz if its ok to hate on ja or nelly...then its fine to hate on someone as talentless if not worse than them...
« Last Edit: July 05, 2003, 11:17:50 PM by S.G.V. »

Jome

« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2003, 11:21:10 PM »

btw....as long as everyone hates on ja like this...or hates on nelly etc...ima continue to hate on 50...cuz if its ok to hate on ja or nelly...then its fine to hate on someone as talentless if not worse than them...

There's the key right there..

Hate, just to hate.. and maybe make up some reasons to hate on the way.
Whatever happened to good old hating with some actual legit reasons ??

Don Breezio

« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2003, 12:23:58 AM »
ok first off...jas style is nothing like dmx...and his old still when "he was still aight" was the gayest shit i've heard in a long time...holla holla was dope and the rest of that album sucked..and i have to disagree w/ SGV on one thing...he said 50 wasnt capable of making rhymes that are a little more complex...he is very capable of that...thats why i think he is such a bullshit rapper and so is everyone like him. they are all capable of doing something with what they have and they choose to put out bullshit. and yes hoe hopper...i will tell you right now im not a very big fan of the bay area stuff...sure i like the beats and stuff (or some of them) but for the most part i dont really like the rappers...there are a few i am feeling but not enough for me to say that the bay area adds anything to hip hop that we couldnt do without...and hoe hopper...you asked me a few posts back if i would call nate dogg an R&B bitch...i know i said them but i really meant ja w/ the r&b bitches...50 doesnt really have a problem with them....nate dogg isnt an R&B bitch...but he is R&B. i would call some of the tracks you named R&B/Rap Collabo's too...i would definetely call "Lay Low" an R&B/Rap Track...in fact i would consider all of them R&B/Rap to a point...but when i say R&B/Rap i mean stuff like Between me & You, Put It On Me, and yes...21 Questions is. nate has something no other R&B singers do...the capability to be on a track and have it be straight gangsta hip hop or be on another track and have it be R&B...very few R&B singers can do that...TQ can do it, Butch Cassidy can do it, and Kokane can do it (to a point) and thats all...no other singers can do that. i have to agree w/ what SGV said about 50 and snoop too...the reason i would say some of their stuff is bullshit is because they are in the higher class of hip hop...they are the ones selling or the ones well known and they should be setting an example for up and coming rappers and for the ppl that listen to them. if a young kid hears snoop rapping about weed or 50 rapping about guns and sex then whats he gonna think is right? atleast if you make it a little deeper and keep the same point to the song the child wont understand the shit lol...but 50 is very capable of making something deep but yet he uses his skills to put out a track that promotes sex, violence, and drugs...he is a role model. for this same reason i dont agree w/ a lot of the things eminem raps about (mainly on the marshall mathers lp)...the mmlp was total bullshit. it was all poppy songs that the general public would love and it said nothing useful. whereas the eminem show got a lot more personal and a lot more complex. every artist is capable of putting out something that helps the status of hip hop...but hip hop is in the worst condition it has ever been in...we have an abundance of bullshit music. and it isnt even just in hip hop...every genre of music has it. rock has shit like Sum 41 and Blink 182 (although many disagree w/ me), R&B has shit like Lil' Mo, and Sisqo (even though he does make some dope songs), Country has (well i dont know country but im sure it has some too), and even techno is getting a little fucked up (T.A.T.U. can definetely be considered a downfall of techno)...damn...i'm tired of typing...i got more to say but as you can see this is a long ass post...ill type more later lol

S.G.V.

« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2003, 06:53:25 AM »

There's the key right there..

Hate, just to hate.. and maybe make up some reasons to hate on the way.
Whatever happened to good old hating with some actual legit reasons ??

i got actual reasons...i couldnt stand him in 99 either...

breezy...u were on point...

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2003, 07:08:25 AM »
for this same reason i dont agree w/ a lot of the things eminem raps about (mainly on the marshall mathers lp)...the mmlp was total bullshit. it was all poppy songs that the general public would love and it said nothing useful. whereas the eminem show got a lot more personal and a lot more complex.

That is nonsense.  How are "Kill U", "The Way I Am", "Remember Me", "Amityville", "Kim", "Criminal", etc. all poppy songs?  That album is far from commercial..

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2003, 07:10:54 AM »
im not sayin 50 is makin deep songs...cuz he aint capable of it...but hes usin the same contraversy angle that pac used...u cant tell me hes not...and not only is 50s horrible lyrics killin hip hop...but those crappy diss records and the shitty battle hes involved with aint helpin either....this guy is supposed to be a leader now in hip hop...and hes doin nothin new...

I said it before.. the only controversy they sharing is the general gangsta image and being shot which is closely connected with the gangsta image.. and that's nothin to do with bitin or eatin off Pac
50 ain't got Pac's subject matter expect for gangsta lyrics and u don't wanna tell me a rapper is bitin Pac cuz he's rappin about gangsta shit.. all the other deep stuff Pac's known for and the image of the socially engaged 'black leader' as some fans refere to him and all that shit is nothin 50 ever fucked with..

and u know how the beef started.. it was Ja who started the beef with 50 as well as the beef with Shady.. so are they supposed to let him talk shit?
plus this beef ain't hurting HipHop no matter what u think of the diss records.. aren't u the one who even said Ja's disses were good?
and I never said 50 's doin anything new but doin nothin new is not destroyin hiphop

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2003, 07:22:30 AM »
Breezio.. Ja's old style is nothin like DMX.. are u kiddin?

well I don't see the point in arguing about wether Lay Low is pure hiphop or RnB/HipHop I definatly don't see any RNB in it but if u do I won't tripp.. so according to u 50 has one RnB singer on his album.. this still nothin like Ja..

Nate, Butch Cassidy and kokane hooks are HipHop to me.. TQ is as RnB as it gets.. nothin like Nate or butch.. he can not 'do it' imo.. but I won't start a discussion about TQ now so that doesn't matter

and MMLP was defiantly not full of pop shit.. I'll repeat, 50 is selling, that doesn't mean other rappers will hide their skills and write simple lyrics just cuz 50 does, does it? it's not destroying hiphop in any way, everybody knew before that u ain't gotta be very lyrical to sell alotta units.. and subject matter is taste.. if u don't like the gangsta talk thats u.. I ain't got no problem with it..

S.G.V.

« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2003, 08:27:44 AM »

I said it before.. the only controversy they sharing is the general gangsta image and being shot which is closely connected with the gangsta image.. and that's nothin to do with bitin or eatin off Pac
50 ain't got Pac's subject matter expect for gangsta lyrics and u don't wanna tell me a rapper is bitin Pac cuz he's rappin about gangsta shit.. all the other deep stuff Pac's known for and the image of the socially engaged 'black leader' as some fans refere to him and all that shit is nothin 50 ever fucked with..

and u know how the beef started.. it was Ja who started the beef with 50 as well as the beef with Shady.. so are they supposed to let him talk shit?
plus this beef ain't hurting HipHop no matter what u think of the diss records.. aren't u the one who even said Ja's disses were good?
and I never said 50 's doin anything new but doin nothin new is not destroyin hiphop

i dont know if u r readin what i write or not...but 50 is usin the same contraversy image that pac used..ALWAYS mentioning his gettin shot...that whole fuck the world mentality...its adapted from pac...not bein gangsta...cuz pac wasnt...

also...50 dissed ja first...as far as i know...i aint heard it in a minute...but didnt he drop jas name in "how to rob?"....and the battle was horrible..the best tracks were mediocre...jas tracks were good in comparison to the horrible records and em and 50 put out...really if it wasnt for obie that whole entire beef would be shitty...even bodygaurd...like someone said about "the wrap" take away the dope beat...and u dont got much....battles like this..between the main staples of hip hop hurt the community...nas vs jay-z was a great beef...that made hiphop look good...because they dropped quality...not a track a day sayin the same stuff over and over...

also...ja had a couple tracks where he harmonized on his first album...i forget the name of the track..but it was remixed and put on the fast and the furious soundtrack...well the original was on jas first album...and he was harmonizin on it...koke...nate...butch cassidy...lv...levitti...theyre all r & b...they dont rap...so they cant be rappers...its that simple...if theyre hip hop...then so is TQ...and Mary J Blige...

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2003, 09:14:42 AM »
I hope u didn't read my post propely otherwise I don't think we'll ever get any further cuz u said the same shit u said 4 posts ago..

I said he rapped about being Gangsta not he was gangsta.. I know Pac wasn't Gangsta.. 50 isn't even all about fuck the world he's just about himself and what he is/did n shit.. his mentioning of getting shot ain't got shit to do with Pac

u don't nkow that far if u think 50 dissed Ja first.. Ja started frontin on 50when he saw him with a guy who robbed Ja before.. that's how it started, not with a diss on wax.. Body Guard was dope but I coulda told what u was gonna say about it before I heard it.. there was nothin wack about Bump Heads, it's not about the oppinion of a guy who prefers a Benzino track over 90% of Em's catalogue but about a neutral view on it.. I am being neutral when I say it was nothin that special but it was definatly not wack either and it doesn't 'the hurt the community'.. Hail Mary was the only unoriginal track even though that callin it bitin is damn stupid

and for the last time I'll repeat I know they not rappin and I know their solo shit ain't hiphop but their hooks are hiphop hooks

S.G.V.

« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2003, 09:25:34 AM »
I hope u didn't read my post propely otherwise I don't think we'll ever get any further cuz u said the same shit u said 4 posts ago..

I said he rapped about being Gangsta not he was gangsta.. I know Pac wasn't Gangsta.. 50 isn't even all about fuck the world he's just about himself and what he is/did n shit.. his mentioning of getting shot ain't got shit to do with Pac

u don't nkow that far if u think 50 dissed Ja first.. Ja started frontin on 50when he saw him with a guy who robbed Ja before.. that's how it started, not with a diss on wax.. Body Guard was dope but I coulda told what u was gonna say about it before I heard it.. there was nothin wack about Bump Heads, it's not about the oppinion of a guy who prefers a Benzino track over 90% of Em's catalogue but about a neutral view on it.. I am being neutral when I say it was nothin that special but it was definatly not wack either and it doesn't 'the hurt the community'.. Hail Mary was the only unoriginal track even though that callin it bitin is damn stupid

and for the last time I'll repeat I know they not rappin and I know their solo shit ain't hiphop but their hooks are hiphop hooks

50 uses the pac formula...but were never gonna agree on that...and actually i dont like benzinos albums...hes got beats...thats it...hes a much better producer than em...but hes a horrible rapper...tho...when he wants to come nice....he is very capable...bump heads was horrible...that shit was borin...g-unit have no charisma in their raps...theyre ur usual everyday mixtape rappers...they didnt say anything new in their disses....hail mary was just corny....em used pacs cadence...50 used pacs verse from hail mary and against all odds...that was the worst diss record in a while....and if nate is a hip hop hook....then so is mary j...so is tq...ray j....anyone who does hooks and sings...there is no difference...

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2003, 10:01:40 AM »
Em's verse on Bump Heads was far from horrible.. no wonder u don't like a track with G-Unit on it if u don't like G-Unit at all but it doesn't mean the track was garbage..

like I said Hail Mary wasn't exactly original I I agree they shoulda come up with more but it's still not bitin and it's the only weak diss they released

and if a Nate hook is RnB in ur mind 50 still had one of em on his album.. Ja had Ashanti on every single he released since those 2 J Lo collabs expect for one with another RnB singer..

S.G.V.

« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2003, 10:54:09 AM »
Em's verse on Bump Heads was far from horrible.. no wonder u don't like a track with G-Unit on it if u don't like G-Unit at all but it doesn't mean the track was garbage..

like I said Hail Mary wasn't exactly original I I agree they shoulda come up with more but it's still not bitin and it's the only weak diss they released

and if a Nate hook is RnB in ur mind 50 still had one of em on his album.. Ja had Ashanti on every single he released since those 2 J Lo collabs expect for one with another RnB singer..
G-unit ruined the whole track...ems verse was pretty much the same as the rest of his disses...nothin new...and how is 50 takin two verses from pac not bitin?...what is bitin to you?...cuz to me...bitin is takin someones material...without really changin it up...now a sample is one thing...takin a couple lines is coo...but a whole verse?...as for jas hooks...lets no forget 50 had a single with destinys child...im not sayin he has the same amount as ja...but 50 is as guilty as ja when it comes to havin r & b....on his records...

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2003, 11:58:02 AM »
...and how is 50 takin two verses from pac not bitin?...what is bitin to you?...cuz to me...bitin is takin someones material...without really changin it up...now a sample is one thing...takin a couple lines is coo...but a whole verse?...

If that's biting then hip-hop is just full of "biters" then from Buckshot to Snoop Dogg to Mos Def to Xzibit to Jay-Z to Black Rob to..................

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2003, 12:30:26 PM »
G-unit ruined the whole track...ems verse was pretty much the same as the rest of his disses...nothin new...and how is 50 takin two verses from pac not bitin?...what is bitin to you?...cuz to me...bitin is takin someones material...without really changin it up...now a sample is one thing...takin a couple lines is coo...but a whole verse?...as for jas hooks...lets no forget 50 had a single with destinys child...im not sayin he has the same amount as ja...but 50 is as guilty as ja when it comes to havin r & b....on his records...

he wouldn't have done it if it wasn't for the ja beef.. it's not like he's either tryin to be Pac or anything like that he did it for one and only reason to parody Ja's bitin.. Ja's bitin is the only reason the track exists, Em wrote his verse outta Ja's perspective and Aftermath confirmed it's just a ja-clowning track in a mail to Dedicato.. imo it's pretty damn obvies but after it's been even confirmed there's really no need to talk about bitin..
if u call "bitin to clown someone else's bitin" still 'bitin' then he did bite.. but not in a serious way

and I wouldn't blame a rapper for don one track with an RnB bitch to blow up.. I didn't hate on Ja for doin the first track he did with J Lo.. but from that moment on that's all he did.. 50 wasn't known when he recoreded the album so he got him a known feature.. nothin wrong with that..