Author Topic: Nelly - Nellyville  (Read 1228 times)

Don Breezio

Re:Nelly - Nellyville
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2003, 12:51:54 PM »
so your tellin me that if you were a rapper and you put out a track that blew the fuck up and got you hundereds of thousands or millions of dollars...you wouldnt do it again? bullshit! man ja keeps gettin money and i cant blame him...and not all but one had ashanti on the hook, your forgetting livin it up w/ case (R&B but definetely not somw bullshit ashanti track), murder reigns, and the pledge remix (dont know if it was a single but it was played on the radio here), and thug luvin w/ bobby brown...those tracks are dope as fuck too. now if you wanna talk about biting...yes ja bit pacs style a lot, so did em, so did 50, ja especially on his "so much pain" song off the pain is love album but at the same time i respect him for that song because him and pac together sounded great and he really did that version of the song w/ a lot of respect for pac. 50 is using the same formula for success as pac did, not in music, but in his media images, em did the same thing. and hoe hopper...i didnt say ja's style was nothing like dmx's back then smartass...read my shit closer dick! and again hoe hopper...yes i would call some of the em tracks you named "poppy" not necessarily in their style but in their success...the way i am was one of his most succesful tracks and probably one of his best, and criminal was very poppy, so was kill you...it just didnt have radio friendly lyrics.
and I wouldn't blame a rapper for don one track with an RnB bitch to blow up.. I didn't hate on Ja for doin the first track he did with J Lo.. but from that moment on that's all he did.. 50 wasn't known when he recoreded the album so he got him a known feature.. nothin wrong with that..
actually 50 was slightly known...again he did a track w/ destiny's child, a track with allure, and he had an entire cd recorded that just never got released...but it wasnt hard to get. 50 back then was more known than a lot of dope rappers are now. and thats not all he did since the j-lo shit...maybe thats MOST of what he put on the radio...but you obviously dont listen to the ja rule cds...about half maybe 3/4 of the cds are back to the fuckin "venni vetti vicci" style where he gets a grimey beat and does straight rapping over it with ppl like black child and caddilac tah with no ashanti. i have every ja rule album and i could name a shitload of tracks where he doesnt sing, doesnt have an R&B bitch on the hook...and i dont know how the whole fuckin beef ties into this shit but it really has nothing to do with it so shut the fuck up about the ja/shady/aftermatch beef! and benzino's diss tracks sucked end of story...em killed him. thats one of the other things imo that is definetely killing hip hop...beefs...not all of them...but when a beef turns from being on records to being in real life it literally kills hip hop or the artists. i loved the nas and jay-z beef because it was kept strictly on records, at no point was violence an issue and anytime they were asked to meet they declined probably because they felt they werent sure if they could contain themselves...they were smart and knew it would be best to keep it on wax. whereas 50 and ja and em decided they would take it too far and thats the kind of shit that is definetely hurting hip hop.

S.G.V.

« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2003, 01:01:42 PM »

If that's biting then hip-hop is just full of "biters" then from Buckshot to Snoop Dogg to Mos Def to Xzibit to Jay-Z to Black Rob to..................

remakin a song is one thing...takin various verses from songs is just plain bitin...

he wouldn't have done it if it wasn't for the ja beef.. it's not like he's either tryin to be Pac or anything like that he did it for one and only reason to parody Ja's bitin.. Ja's bitin is the only reason the track exists, Em wrote his verse outta Ja's perspective and Aftermath confirmed it's just a ja-clowning track in a mail to Dedicato.. imo it's pretty damn obvies but after it's been even confirmed there's really no need to talk about bitin..
if u call "bitin to clown someone else's bitin" still 'bitin' then he did bite.. but not in a serious way

and I wouldn't blame a rapper for don one track with an RnB bitch to blow up.. I didn't hate on Ja for doin the first track he did with J Lo.. but from that moment on that's all he did.. 50 wasn't known when he recoreded the album so he got him a known feature.. nothin wrong with that..
i find that excuse very much bullshit...50 and em tried to remake another pac song...like em did before...and it backfired...of course theyre gonna deny any bitin...theyre not gonna come out and say theyre biting...also...if ur gonna make a diss record...be original...why r u gonna use another mans words to diss?...thats lame as fuck...and please...explain to me whats bitin...u call ja a biter...but 50 took two verses from pac...so what is a biter?....and cmon...only jas singles are like that...like breezy said...hes got a lot of songs without r & b....and if im not mistaken...was 50 the first person chose for the j.lo song?...and wasnt 50 on the missy remix?...and he still recorded a song with destinys child....regardless of if he was known or not....that track still exsists...does it not?

Don Breezio

« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2003, 01:06:20 PM »
....and if im not mistaken...was 50 the first person chose for the j.lo song?...and wasnt 50 on the missy remix?

was he the first chosen? i didnt know that...and yeah you're right 50 did the remix w/ missy and he also did a remix of "i'm gonna be alright" with j-lo...they just made a 2nd remix w/ nas and that was the one that ended up on the radio...but if you were to get her remix album in like the first 6 months it was out you would've gotten 50 on that song instead of nas.

S.G.V.

« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2003, 01:07:09 PM »

was he the first chosen? i didnt know that...and yeah you're right 50 did the remix w/ missy and he also did a remix of "i'm gonna be alright" with j-lo...they just made a 2nd remix w/ nas and that was the one that ended up on the radio...but if you were to get her remix album in like the first 6 months it was out you would've gotten 50 on that song instead of nas.
thats the remix i was talkin about with j-lo..the one nas did....

Don Breezio

« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2003, 01:17:35 PM »
oh ok i thought you were talkin bout i'm real

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2003, 01:30:47 PM »
lol ja might be pop now but his first album was harder than all 3 of 50's. when you have your own shoe out and a g-unit lunchbox i'm sure you can consider yourself 100% sellout. they'll find some way to make it ok for him to do these things tho cause i've come to find out theres a double standard when you talk about this guy....
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

S.G.V.

« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2003, 01:31:51 PM »
lol ja might be pop now but his first album was harder than all 3 of 50's. when you have your own shoe out and a g-unit lunchbox i'm sure you can consider yourself 100% sellout. they'll find some way to make it ok for him to do these things tho cause i've come to find out theres a double standard when you talk about this guy....
oh yea...no matter what he does...theres always a reason why its coo for him...

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2003, 01:34:57 PM »
Doing endorsements is considered selling out?

S.G.V.

« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2003, 01:43:12 PM »
i dont think so...but people flipped out when hammer did it...

Don Breezio

« Reply #84 on: July 06, 2003, 01:55:50 PM »
in my eyes its only selling out if u dont use the product your endorsing lol...but if your doing it because you like the product then hey...might as well right? but most ppl do consider it "selling out"

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #85 on: July 06, 2003, 01:56:23 PM »
ok first off...jas style is nothing like dmx...and his old still when "he was still aight" was the gayest shit i've heard in a long time...

I said Ja's old style is DMX' style.. now u answering 'jas style is nothing like dmx' does either mean it wasn't back then or it's just nonsense cuz I never said Ja's new style is DMX' style.. try and express urself more clearly and please don't get emotional cuz i ain't got the time for this..

yes i would call some of the em tracks you named "poppy" not necessarily in their style but in their success

but that's not what we talkin about so cut that shit

the rest of ur post is just repeatin shit like it was done by a loop typing program with three 50 Cent contra arguments so there's nothin more to say about it

be original...why r u gonna use another mans words to diss?...thats lame as fuck...and please...explain to me whats bitin...u call ja a biter...but 50 took two verses from pac...so what is a biter?

of course it's lame, and it's supposed to be that cuz they show what Ja is all about.. and if they say they did the track to clown Ja they did it to clown ja why would they lie? why would they 'bite' and then find excuses.. they didn't have to do the track.. they did it for obvies reasons which they confirmed so that's all we need to know.. period

and if im not mistaken...was 50 the first person chose for the j.lo song?...and wasnt 50 on the missy remix?...and he still recorded a song with destinys child....regardless of if he was known or not....that track still exsists...does it not?

Missy is HipHop/whatever.. she's always tryin to do new shit and it's not strictly hiphop and she's singin more often than rappin but she's still some kind of HipHop act who mixes HipHop with other stuff.. if u like her I don't see how working with her makes u less hiphop.. and like I said before I didn't hate on Ja for his first track with J Lo and I understand if 50's tryin to blow up with a J Lo track since his album inclueding the track with Desteny's Child on the hook was never released.. I never said rappers should never ever do collabos with singers

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #86 on: July 06, 2003, 02:03:16 PM »
when people hated on nas and common for doing beer and sprite commercials i think so..not to mention the numerous other rappers who got shit because of the st ides hiphop commercials that used to run back in like 96..50 is doing same thing..and when u use lunchboxes its not like those are directed towards older people..
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Don Breezio

« Reply #87 on: July 06, 2003, 04:53:46 PM »
shit u guys...i dont even know where this is going anymore...we've gone from nelly to ja to 50 and now were on selling out...and all this started w/ a post w/ nothing in it? god damn...im done w/ this topic...nobody is ever going to change their mind about anything so this is going nowhere...im agreeing to disagree...pz

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2003, 05:01:24 PM »
I was thinking, just about every rapper that's made a name for himself has endorsed something.  Rakim, KRS-One, Kane, Pete Rock, Guru, Buckshot, Common, even Cormega.

S.G.V.

« Reply #89 on: July 06, 2003, 10:26:43 PM »

of course it's lame, and it's supposed to be that cuz they show what Ja is all about.. and if they say they did the track to clown Ja they did it to clown ja why would they lie? why would they 'bite' and then find excuses.. they didn't have to do the track.. they did it for obvies reasons which they confirmed so that's all we need to know.. period

lmao...so if ja made a song like that...and said it was to clown em...it would be ok?...LMAO...thats a cop out...POSSIBLY eminems verse was supposed to be from jas account...which is doubtful...but 50s wasnt...that was pure bitin...

Missy is HipHop/whatever.. she's always tryin to do new shit and it's not strictly hiphop and she's singin more often than rappin but she's still some kind of HipHop act who mixes HipHop with other stuff.. if u like her I don't see how working with her makes u less hiphop.. and like I said before I didn't hate on Ja for his first track with J Lo and I understand if 50's tryin to blow up with a J Lo track since his album inclueding the track with Desteny's Child on the hook was never released.. I never said rappers should never ever do collabos with singers

missy is singin more than rappin lately...but see what u said here...IF U LIKE HER I DONT SEE HOW WORKING WITH HER MAKES U LESS HIPHOP...then the same should apply for ashanti...ja likes workin with her...just like dre and them worked with michelle...just like jay-z worked with mary...