Author Topic: What are your thoughts on the Baylor basketball player case?  (Read 124 times)

mrtonguetwista

WACO, Texas, July 1   The roommate of missing Baylor basketball player Patrick Dennehy told a cousin he shot Dennehy in the head as the two argued while firing guns, according to court documents that cited an unidentified informant.

BUT AUTHORITIES SAID Tuesday that no body has been found, no charges have been filed and they have no single suspect.
       We are talking to numerous individuals,Waco police spokesman Steve Anderson said. There are several people of interest.
       A search warrant affidavit made public Monday says the informant told investigators in Delaware that Carlton Dotson, a former teammate of Dennehy's as well as his roommate, shot Dennehy with a 9 mm handgun. Dennehy has been missing for nearly three weeks.  
 Baylor center Patrick Dennehy, 21, has been missing for three weeks.
          Anderson said an investigator interviewed Dotson on Friday, but he didn't know Dotson's whereabouts or whether police had spoken to him since the affidavit was made public.
       Last week, before the affidavit was made public, Dotson told The Dallas Morning News that police asked him not to discuss the case and that he had learned Dennehy was missing from Dennehy's girlfriend.
       I had to talk to police today, and I told them everything I can tell them and everything I knew, he said from his Hurlock, Md., home.
       Dennehy's family reported the 6-foot-10, 230-pound junior missing June 19. His sport utility vehicle was found last week in a mall parking lot in Virginia Beach, Va. Waco police asked the FBI to join the investigation and have said several Baylor players had been questioned.
       According to the affidavit, filed June 23 in 19th District Court in McLennan County, the informant said Dotson told the cousin that while he and Dennehy were shooting guns, they argued and Dennehy pointed a weapon at Dotson as if to shoot him, but Dotson instead shot Dennehy.
       The affidavit does not say if anyone else was present.
       Dotson said he then drove home to Maryland and got rid of the guns along the way, the document said.
       The warrant sought in the affidavit was for a search of Dennehy's room and the contents of his computer. There has been no indication what the investigation might have found.
       In Hurlock, Dotson's aunt said Tuesday he had returned to town for the summer and was at their house Sunday, but they didn't discuss Dennehy. She didn't know where he was Tuesday. Pat Waters said her nephew is probably scared. He's not a person that talks a lot.
       Even people who don't know Carlton, if you ask them about him, they'll say he's a basketball player,she said.
       Baylor athletic director Tom Stanton released a statement late Monday confirming Dotson was a former player, but said he couldn't discuss the case.
       Dennehy transferred to Baylor last fall. He played two seasons at New Mexico, where he averaged 10.6 points and 7.5 rebounds his sophomore year, but was cut from that team after losing his temper during practice.
       He accepted a scholarship to play at Baylor and told friends he had become a born-again Christian. He was a B student and rarely missed a class. He was not eligible to play for a year, but practiced with the team.
       It's a fresh start,Dennehy said in May 2002. I feel great. It's a new coach, a new team, a new set of personalities.
       Dotson, a 6-7 forward, averaged 4.6 points as a reserve with Baylor this season and was not expected to return next season.
       People who knew the players said Monday they were fun-loving, well-mannered roommates who never argued.  
         Neighbor Kristal Wilson, 21, said the pair knocked on her door last semester when they were locked out of their third-floor apartment, laughed and asked if they could crawl over her balcony.
       They were just really funny guys,Wilson, a senior, said, fighting back tears. I'm sure it's upsetting for everybody. It's a tragedy.
       Friends and family said it was uncharacteristic for Dennehy to disappear for days on end without calling someone.
       Another Dennehy roommate, Chris Turk, who is not on the basketball team, told police he last saw Dennehy before leaving for a trip June 11. When Turk returned five days later, the apartment looked normal but Dennehy's dogs had not been fed, he said.
       Dennehy's girlfriend in Albuquerque, N.M., 20-year-old Jessica De La Rosa, said he seemed fine during their last phone conversation the night of June 11. His mother and stepfather, who live in Carson City, Nev., contacted the university after Dennehy did not call home on Father's Day, June 15.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2003, 04:14:44 PM by Mr. Tongue Twista »

JTSimon

Re:What are your thoughts on the Baylor basketball player case?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2003, 06:20:50 PM »
In the news they reported that Patrick Dennehy pointed the gun first at his teammate and then his teammate blasted him. They were shooting guns [target practice or something]

Self Defense case probably in the works.

I heard that Patrick Dennehy was getting punked by teammates.

What a homo.