Author Topic: Why Does Dre get so much Hate ?  (Read 1337 times)

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
Re:Why Does Dre get so much Hate ?
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2003, 01:53:05 PM »
because he usually straight up jacks p-funk samples and hardly ever changes anything. once he learns how to flip a sample like havoc on shook ones 2 he should get all the respect he deserves.

VISIT FOR PROOF>
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/princeoftheivesmusic.htm
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2003, 03:27:06 PM »
What's that site supposed to prove? That the five Dr. Dre beats (If I counted correctly) mentioned there use a sample and thus Dre just samples shit? That don't mean shit. Out of all those songs by tens of producers mentioned there that all use samples, the five Dre beats there make him a nigga who just loops a sample to make a beat? That site don't say shit, only what we all knew before - it's very common that hip-hop songs sample another, older song. That's not a very good argument in favor why Dre gets and/or should get hated on.

(On another tip though, that's a pretty cool list. Gotta dowload a few of them songs. It sure was a trip when I heard "Juicy Fruit" while playing Vice City once... And Rick James' "Ghetto Life". Them old soul & funk songs are just... well... funky! It's cool to me when you hear that original song that was used as a sample to make some hot hip-hop joint.)

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2003, 04:00:35 PM »
you're a complete moron. the art of sampling is not meant to STRAIGHT JACK a song. he hardly changes ANYTHING in the work he does. dude could be considered a thief for that shit. like i said earlier listen to shook ones 2 and then listen to the song it sampled. next listen to nuthin but a g thing and listen to the song it sampled. see any difference? i really hope so because havoc made a BRAND NEW production. dre just takes p funk samples, clears them, and then raps over them. greatest of all time? FUCK OUTTA HERE
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2003, 05:36:31 PM »
I ain't even havin' this anymore... You can't have a convo with a hater. And when I look at that avatar, I know you a hater. You've chosen to use a pic which makes fun of Dre whenever you make a post, no matter what the post itself is about. I know you a hater, and you know you a hater. Too bad we have to have ya'll around. Go on. You know you wanna hit that diss button. You know you wanna call me bitch or whatever. Go for it. Hate me like you hate Dre 'cause I like what Dre does with them samples. See if I care.

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2003, 05:53:29 PM »
I ain't even havin' this anymore... You can't have a convo with a hater. And when I look at that avatar, I know you a hater. You've chosen to use a pic which makes fun of Dre whenever you make a post, no matter what the post itself is about. I know you a hater, and you know you a hater. Too bad we have to have ya'll around. Go on. You know you wanna hit that diss button. You know you wanna call me bitch or whatever. Go for it. Hate me like you hate Dre 'cause I like what Dre does with them samples. See if I care.
nah...just because i have a an old picture of dre that i put up because its funny i'm a hater? i love the fact how you completely ignore my argument when i provided the link and gave examples of what he did. don't try and throw that hater shit on me just because i don't dickride him like 95% of the posters on this board. i never said he wasn't talented. i just stated that he flat out jacks beats. which is completely true if you get your head out of your ass and listen to what i suggested.
lol @ you thinking your comments hurt me enough to actually waste my time hitting the diss button to lower your karma. ::) this cat is trying to act like he knows what someone else over the internet is thinking when hes never even met me..pure comedy..try again..

Jim Jones

• Banned
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2003, 06:06:43 PM »

quit bitchin. i swear ya aftermath dickrider cry just cuz someone dont like your idol dre. How are is a hater? I'm pretty sure u dont like Ja Rule or Benzino so in that case that would make u a hater too. Just cuz someone dont like an artist is no reason to cry. Just STFU.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2003, 06:09:18 PM by Realizm »

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2003, 06:28:13 PM »
u stupid canadians really dont know shit.

i don't think you shoulda said that man, i agree with 95% about what you said about Dre and i just happen to be Canadian

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Jome

« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2003, 08:42:31 PM »
Arguing with Realizm is like talking to a stone..
And LoL @ all the no-names that he brought up that have been dissing Dre, most of them don't even know him.. far less works with him. lmao

Jim Jones

• Banned
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2003, 08:52:03 PM »
most of them don't even know him.. far less works with him. lmao

Have u kick it wit Dre to know that? So u basically know everyone dre knows right?

Jome

« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2003, 09:37:40 PM »

Have u kick it wit Dre to know that? So u basically know everyone dre knows right?

Everybody knows that Dre works with only a select few.. Aftermath artists.. Eve, Mary J., Busta, Knoc, Xzibit, Snoop.. and a few more..
And apparently Aftermath got HELLA security up there..

Have you ever seen Dre and Bad Azz on the same track, chilling together, or even together at all ??
Kam ??

They are on 2 different planets.. the day Mel-Man or Scott Storch makes the same accusations.. you'd might start to believe it..
But some unknown cat that never even worked with Dre ??
How are Bad Azz or Kam gonna know ANYTHING about Dre and his business ?

Suga Foot

« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2003, 09:55:14 PM »
There's no point arguing about Dre.  People see him as they want to see him.  A lot of people see him as a fake.  I see him as just an artist.  I can't judge what he does or how he does it, I can only judge wether I like his music or not.  And I do.  I don't have to waist my time telling other people to love his music as much as I do.  I don't really care.  I don't owe that to Dre.  The only thing I can give back to him for making good music is an album sale.  And I'm sure that's all he wants.

real talk

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2003, 09:56:18 PM »

Everybody knows that Dre works with only a select few.. Aftermath artists.. Eve, Mary J., Busta, Knoc, Xzibit, Snoop.. and a few more..
And apparently Aftermath got HELLA security up there..

Have you ever seen Dre and Bad Azz on the same track, chilling together, or even together at all ??
Kam ??

They are on 2 different planets.. the day Mel-Man or Scott Storch makes the same accusations.. you'd might start to believe it..
But some unknown cat that never even worked with Dre ??
How are Bad Azz or Kam gonna know ANYTHING about Dre and his business ?

I hate to bust your bubble but just because an artist is not on a track doesn't mean an artist can't be in the same studio with him. So for you to say Kam, JD, or Bad Azz don't know Dre because he never produced a track for them is an idiot statement. I have a question since you a huge Dre fan do you think J Flex and Daz was lying on Dre too?

Gary

« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2003, 10:22:11 PM »

I hate to bust your bubble but just because an artist is not on a track doesn't mean an artist can't be in the same studio with him. So for you to say Kam, JD, or Bad Azz don't know Dre because he never produced a track for them is an idiot statement. I have a question since you a huge Dre fan do you think J Flex and Daz was lying on Dre too?

i was just gonna say that. these guys from europe are the most ignorant idiots ever when it comes in terms of hiphop. Seriously, thats a very ignorant comment to say Dre dont know them just cuz he aint produced a track for em..WTF? in that case dre dont know 70% of the hiphop industry...Scot sctorch and other people have spoken out on dre...Can't u people take a hint that dre aint doin the work?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2003, 10:24:10 PM by Gary Coleman »

2k2

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2003, 10:39:12 PM »
Dre has people in the studio playing instruments for him and he composes the beats. IMO its the same thing as sampling but its live. If these other cats produced half the tracks they say they did they would have brought some major heat in the last 10 years. If  Dre is getting credit for Mel Mans & Storch's beats why don't they leave Aftermath. Its just not enough evidence for me to say he stole tracks from them maybe co produced but no stole. Thats just my opinion though!

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2003, 01:21:13 AM »
Smartass - Again with the name calling. First I'm a moron, then I'm a dickrider. Who's the one trying to get at the others feelings?

But if using samples that way denies a producer of your respect, then there must not be many producers that get yo respect. Which is fine by me, big up to DJ Muggs and all the others who've decided to make all their beats from scratch. But are you tellin' me that you don't respect Dre AT ALL after being in the over 15 years and after all the work he's done? He's done beats by other methods besides "jacking" an old song - ever heard of those? He done put artists on the map who came from out of nowhere and have been huge ever since they started working with the man. Ever heard how those people have praised the man? And you can't deny the fact that he's good in what he does, he's very good. He is one of those few people why West Coast rap exists today as we know it - but none of that matters to you. You can't respect him 'cause he used samples the way he did. Aaight. If that's your opinion, I'ma have to respect that, no matter how much I think you're just hating or whatever. I think he's one of the greatest along with a long line of other people - you think he's not 'cause he jacked songs. I'm totally cool with that.

Now I'ma go bump The Chronic - and I won't care where he used what sample. I'ma care how the final product sounds. And I'ma bump Nuthin' but a G-thang at least twice - just 'cause I love how Dre used that sample.

Oh and Dre's song The Wash also sampled the same song - I Wanna Do Something Freaky To You. It doesn't say that on the site, but listen to it and you'll know. That's two songs he made by sampling the same song - and I'm lovin' it.

But hey - you can't please everyone on this earth. If you don't like Dre's work, I'm fine with that, and I hope it's fine with you that I DO like his work - sampled or not.