Author Topic: Why Does Dre get so much Hate ?  (Read 1348 times)

Gary

Re:Why Does Dre get so much Hate ?
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2003, 01:32:49 AM »
Smartass - Again with the name calling. First I'm a moron, then I'm a dickrider. Who's the one trying to get at the others feelings?

But if using samples that way denies a producer of your respect, then there must not be many producers that get yo respect. Which is fine by me, big up to DJ Muggs and all the others who've decided to make all their beats from scratch. But are you tellin' me that you don't respect Dre AT ALL after being in the over 15 years and after all the work he's done? He's done beats by other methods besides "jacking" an old song - ever heard of those? He done put artists on the map who came from out of nowhere and have been huge ever since they started working with the man. Ever heard how those people have praised the man? And you can't deny the fact that he's good in what he does, he's very good. He is one of those few people why West Coast rap exists today as we know it - but none of that matters to you. You can't respect him 'cause he used samples the way he did. Aaight. If that's your opinion, I'ma have to respect that, no matter how much I think you're just hating or whatever. I think he's one of the greatest along with a long line of other people - you think he's not 'cause he jacked songs. I'm totally cool with that.

Now I'ma go bump The Chronic - and I won't care where he used what sample. I'ma care how the final product sounds. And I'ma bump Nuthin' but a G-thang at least twice - just 'cause I love how Dre used that sample.

Oh and Dre's song The Wash also sampled the same song - I Wanna Do Something Freaky To You. It doesn't say that on the site, but listen to it and you'll know. That's two songs he made by sampling the same song - and I'm lovin' it.

But hey - you can't please everyone on this earth. If you don't like Dre's work, I'm fine with that, and I hope it's fine with you that I DO like his work - sampled or not.

lol....like a guy from finland is gonna school me on hiphop...lol.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2003, 02:00:19 AM »
lol....like a guy from finland is gonna school me on hiphop...lol.

So being from Finland somehow deprives me of the possibility of knowing something about this shit? You think you're better than me 'cause of what country I live in? Man, I thought I'd never see the day there'd be somebody that dumb in this board. Like you know something what it's like living here. Nobody *nobody* has ever made me angry on this board before, and now you. Give me shit for what I think if you want, I don't care, but don't give me shit about where I live, where I was born and raised. Your bitch ass really thinks that we don't know the same things you do 'cause of our location? That I'm less civilized than you 'cause I live in Finland? Man, FUCK YOU! Bitch, pay me a visit and see for yourself what it's like living here.

But I ain't gonna let that comment of yours bother me longer. I thought you was aaight, another board member among the others, but now you've enlightened me - you're nothin' but an ignorant bitch.

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2003, 04:18:33 AM »
lol at anyone thinkin he got more knowledge cuz he's from usa.. u are nothin but sad

do u get ur knowledge by walkin through the american streets? bitch please

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2003, 10:30:40 AM »
Smartass - Again with the name calling. First I'm a moron, then I'm a dickrider. Who's the one trying to get at the others feelings?

But if using samples that way denies a producer of your respect, then there must not be many producers that get yo respect. Which is fine by me, big up to DJ Muggs and all the others who've decided to make all their beats from scratch. But are you tellin' me that you don't respect Dre AT ALL after being in the over 15 years and after all the work he's done? He's done beats by other methods besides "jacking" an old song - ever heard of those? He done put artists on the map who came from out of nowhere and have been huge ever since they started working with the man. Ever heard how those people have praised the man? And you can't deny the fact that he's good in what he does, he's very good. He is one of those few people why West Coast rap exists today as we know it - but none of that matters to you. You can't respect him 'cause he used samples the way he did. Aaight. If that's your opinion, I'ma have to respect that, no matter how much I think you're just hating or whatever. I think he's one of the greatest along with a long line of other people - you think he's not 'cause he jacked songs. I'm totally cool with that.

Now I'ma go bump The Chronic - and I won't care where he used what sample. I'ma care how the final product sounds. And I'ma bump Nuthin' but a G-thang at least twice - just 'cause I love how Dre used that sample.

Oh and Dre's song The Wash also sampled the same song - I Wanna Do Something Freaky To You. It doesn't say that on the site, but listen to it and you'll know. That's two songs he made by sampling the same song - and I'm lovin' it.

But hey - you can't please everyone on this earth. If you don't like Dre's work, I'm fine with that, and I hope it's fine with you that I DO like his work - sampled or not.
you obviously don't see my point..he hardly ever changes ANYTHING from the song he samples. the art of sampling is meant to show that you can take a song, flip it, and make your own interpretation of it. almost all of dres old shit just straight jacks the production of what he sampled. he did get better on 2001 by adding instruments to some of the stuff he sampled but the fact still remains it shouldn't take you that long to make an album where u just take p funk samples, get them cleared, and then rap over them. hes a good producer and i know that he produced classics but people need to realize its not hard sampling a song and then doing nothing with it only to claim it as your own production.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2003, 11:34:51 AM »
I love dre.. I love dre beats...

But I can’t deny that it’s a known fact that dre is not always giving credit where credit is due...

It all started with the chronic and doggystyle album where he got help with the production from: Warren G, Soopafly & Daz. There’s nowhere he mentioned it in the booklet. In no limit top dogg word on the street is that "Just Dippin" were created by Battlecat, and when i think of it, that beat do have a battlecat vibe all over it, the only difference dre might have done was replacing battlecats synth-bass with a fender bass or whatever it is.  in chronic 2001, its a known fact that the new "dre sound" actually was created by scott storch, which was proven when scott were fired from the aftermath staff, ... suddenly dre wasn’t fucking with that new sound any longer, while scott produced "The Streets" beat for WC.. A beat many people thought was produced by dre before they saw the credit...

I’m not saying that I hate dre. I mean, he's one of the GOATS, but I  can never consider him as a "genius" since he samples.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2003, 04:23:28 PM by Maestro »

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2003, 04:18:05 PM »
Well the Scott Storch Dre sound only applies for the keys - like on still D.R.E., where the piano is the dominating element. That's what Scott is his best at - the keyboard.

Jome

« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2003, 11:42:55 PM »
LoL, this Gary Coleman character is a clown.. please stay in the G-Spot, where you belong.

And realtalk, or whatever you're called..
I dunno about J Flexx lying..but he sure seems hella bitter, just like everybody that disses "the top guy".. wether it be Snoop or Dre or Jay-Z..
Once they was on top of the game.. and they lost it all.. and become bitter.

Daz is more than capable of lying about Dre.. Daz have called Dre gay..transexual.. and lots of other things.. Daz would even call his own mom gay if he had consumed the right amount of crack that day.

And the interviewer even said that Bad Azz was smoking in that interview.. and you could tell it from his answers too.. you didn't see nothing strange about it huh ?

Jim Jones

• Banned
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2003, 12:29:04 AM »
Listen to the Daz interview at www.westcoastAftershock.com ...Daz just said he did 4 tracks on Doggstyle. He got credited for 1 but he got no credit on 3 of them. People been sayin they have ghostproduced for dre alot. If 1 person says it, i could understand if u guys dont believe but there have been many people sayin they've produced for dre. Open your eyes people. Ya dont wanna believe cuz u look up to him.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2003, 03:07:30 AM by Realizm »

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2003, 02:22:50 AM »
it's just the fact that a couple claimed it that makes others jump on the bandwagon.. they heard that shit.. they pissed so they say the same shit.

just like many sayin Dre was gay cuz Eazy started that shit when they had beef.. or Z-Ro and Fatal callin 50 a snitch cuz Murder Inc started that shit even though it was proven wrong

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2003, 06:19:44 AM »
Didn't someone says that Dr. Dre produced Dogg Food but gave Dat Nigga Daz the credit?

S.G.V.

« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2003, 11:33:29 AM »
pretty much alot of people admitted they produced for dre...but it gets overlooked....cuz its dre...theres the doublestandard for dre...

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2003, 12:28:59 PM »
pretty much alot of people admitted they produced for dre...but it gets overlooked....cuz its dre...theres the doublestandard for dre...

You should replace "admitted" with "claim".

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2003, 12:44:55 PM »
it's just the fact that a couple claimed it that makes others jump on the bandwagon.. they heard that shit.. they pissed so they say the same shit.

just like many sayin Dre was gay cuz Eazy started that shit when they had beef.. or Z-Ro and Fatal callin 50 a snitch cuz Murder Inc started that shit even though it was proven wrong

50 dry snitched on the supreme team. its no coincidence that he got shot shortly after the song leaked.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris