Author Topic: do you believe in the big bang theory?  (Read 1039 times)

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
Re:do you believe in the big bang theory?
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2003, 11:46:50 AM »
It is impossible for something to not have "space" surrounding it.

Not if all the space is inside that something.You should notice that none of the laws of physics existed then.Even time didn't exist untill the big bang.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

Don Seer

« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2003, 12:16:47 PM »
true...

i always have a problem when they say "the universe is expanding"... where into!?
isnt 'space' a vacuum? how are things there within it? is there an edge?

(now i go off on one.. lol)

what is in a vacuum... nothing? but if u've created a vacuum in say a glass of a fixed size.. then you have x-volume of nothing. but if u were to pump out air hard enough wouldnt the container implode?  so how can u call it a vacuum if u've stopped because of the restrictions of the container?

anything in there gets stretched towards the exhaust.. so i believe the 'air' is getting stretched..

so theres not really nothing.. theres just 'less pressure'.. theres still something there...  a vacuum is a low pressure volume of air...

what is the air pressure (atmospheric pressure) in space?

vac·u·um    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (vky-m, -ym, -ym)
n. pl. vac·u·ums or vac·u·a (-y-)

1) Absence of matter.
2) A space empty of matter.
3) A space relatively empty of matter.
4) A space in which the pressure is significantly lower than atmospheric pressure.

I believe 1 and 2 are an impossibilty.

..... so are we in a big glass bottle?

well no... my theory which wraps things up nicely is that the universe is some kind of moebius strip.. i also like the romantic idea proposed in one of the national lampoon films (the college one) where they're stoned about the universe being intrinsicly fractal.

also believe that there will forever be unknowns... its what drives us isnt it.. its what makes us different from everything else.. a step beyond adaption and survival into actual exploration for the sake of it, not that we need to.

they're forever breaking the atom into smaller pieces.
because they want to 'measure' the universe and put it in a box.. but i believe it doesnt fit in any box.

like they're forever making us travel faster.

fuelless ion propulsion may be the future. (the european space agency propulsion system uses a new form of this method, altho nasa was the first to pioneer its usage. they're looking to make a reusable ion engine sysem. they have a moon mapping project going up soon)

(stops waffling)

anyways.. i dont believe in a big bang theory and i dont believe in god... my beliefs have been stated here many times.. some people understand my stance on religion (e.g. trauma) whereas others (e.g infinite) dont..

i believe in physics and chemistry... i dont believe we have everything right and understood, but i believe they are approximated enough to 'make things work' and as we progress we get more accurate.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2003, 12:20:21 PM by Overseer »

Quakaveli

« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2003, 03:05:46 PM »

it could be true, it could not be true. i don't know; it's not a proven fact. i actually don't really care :-X

me 2