Author Topic: Scientists throw regard for life out the window with new "Shemale" embryos  (Read 390 times)

Trauma-san

http://www.cnn.com/2003/HEALTH/07/02/fertility.shemales.reut/index.html

MADRID, Spain (Reuters) -- Scientists in the United States have created hybrid human "she-males," mixing male and female cells in the same embryo, outraging fertility experts and anti-abortionists.

Dr. Norbert Gleicher of the Foundation for Reproductive Medicine in Chicago and a colleague injected male cells into female embryos in research which they believe could lead to better treatments or cures for single gene disorders.

But their work provoked revulsion when they presented it to the annual meeting of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE).

"There are very good reasons why this type of research is generally rejected by the international research community," Dr. Francoise Shenfield of ESHRE said on Wednesday.

"I cannot conceive of any situation in which this particular technique would be acceptable, and if it cannot be applied there is not much use in experimenting with it," she added.

Gleicher and his colleague used male cells because they were easier to track as they studied the development of the embryos up to six days.

Their work also sparked outrage from abortion opponents who described it as run-away science.

"This is gross manipulation of human life," said Nuala Scarisbrick of British anti-abortion charity Life.

"The creation of a 'she-male' is disgusting, but not surprising."

Gleicher's study was not the only research presented during the four-day conference which enraged pro-life groups.

An Israeli scientist who said eggs retrieved from aborted foetuses could relieve the worldwide shortage of human eggs for fertility treatments also stoked fears that science was advancing before legal and ethical consequences could be considered.

Trauma-san

My whole take on the thing is, this is an area we don't really need to be messing around in.  I don't believe that these little embryos had souls, or anything like that, but to me, it isn't our place to see just how many different forms of life we can create.    They're basically creating embryos, watching them grow, then killing them before they get big enough to giggle and want milk.  

TheSheriff

Oh my God...that is sickening.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
My whole take on the thing is, this is an area we don't really need to be messing around in.  I don't believe that these little embryos had souls, or anything like that, but to me, it isn't our place to see just how many different forms of life we can create.    They're basically creating embryos, watching them grow, then killing them before they get big enough to giggle and want milk.  
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

UnstoppableForce

Scientists sometimes just go too far.

Reef

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Guess Whos Back?

Agreed.

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
and we still dont have a cure for AIDS...this is what we waste our fukin money on?

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
and we still dont have a cure for AIDS...this is what we waste our fukin money on?

you must be ignorant to the viris to say something like that, so i'll let that comment pass.

but yeah that's gross, what scientific benefit are we gaining from this?? this is just a waste of life.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...

you must be ignorant to the viris to say something like that, so i'll let that comment pass.

but yeah that's gross, what scientific benefit are we gaining from this?? this is just a waste of life.

I aint been keeping up on my AIDS history as much as u i guess Jakee. But last time i checked, there wasnt an actual cure. And even if there was, do u get the point of my post? Or are u just being your normal self?

Trauma-san

^^ I agree with that actually.  Not only are they scientists, but they're doctors, why aren't they trying to help in the area of disease control?

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch

I aint been keeping up on my AIDS history as much as u i guess Jakee. But last time i checked, there wasnt an actual cure. And even if there was, do u get the point of my post? Or are u just being your normal self?

you're missing my point, how can you cure a disease that is resistant to just about everything  the human race has thrown at it across the world, plus it's building a resistance to the new medications that slow down the effects of the viris. meaning that it's almost invincible.

cloning is 1000000x easier that's why they did it

was it right, HELL  NO

but it's not like if they didn't make a shemale , they'd speed up the discovery of a cure for the viris
« Last Edit: July 03, 2003, 04:38:08 PM by Don Jacob Corleone »

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Trauma-san

If they didn't waste money on a shemale, then they'd have more money to search for a cure :)

Screw aids, they need to find a cure for cancer.

OutSider

Scientists sometimes just go too far.

i agree... that is just too wierd a freaky.. what valid reason is there for this.. study... what will the honestly get out of it... the satisfation that it can be done.. money?

damn.. sometimes i just cant agree with the world of science these days... reason.. because of this.. and because back in the day.. and probably sure they are still trying it.. but.. the mixing or monkey and human.. DNA..i saw it on the discovery channel... made me ill that they would want to try something that un-natural  >:(

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...

you're missing my point, how can you cure a disease that is resistant to just about everything  the human race has thrown at it across the world, plus it's building a resistance to the new medications that slow down the effects of the viris. meaning that it's almost invincible.

cloning is 1000000x easier that's why they did it

was it right, HELL  NO

but it's not like if they didn't make a shemale , they'd speed up the discovery of a cure for the viris

so youre suggestion, is that since we havent found anything yet that can cure AIDS, we should give up on it? My point is, why is shit like this (creating a shemale) even taking up a minute of time (and money), when it can be put to good use? And, u still didnt make your point very well. So no need for me to argue it anymore i guess. Funny when one calls another "ignorant" about something, and they cant even back up there point to prove that they arent "ignorant" themselves. This shit getz kinda repetitive after a while with u Jake lol

OutSider

If they didn't waste money on a shemale, then they'd have more money to search for a cure :)

Screw aids, they need to find a cure for cancer.

I dont agree with the fact that you are blinded by you perspective on HIV and AIDS. No all victims are homosexual.. and not all victim are promiscuous or drug users.
they are some people who are actually victims of rape.. who contack the virus.. women give it the there unborn children... man cheat on theirs wives.. wives cheat on thier husbands.... i think we should focuse on both.. equally.. a cure for both HIV and Cancer victims..  because life is a scared thing.. so.. why not give it our all to make surviviers out of people who are sentence to die.. the in a very long painful death.. because we as God children.. gay, striaght , black, white.. mexican... american.. or not... deserve it... God loves us all.. and just because one man is you enemy or you plan out dislike him.. doesnt mean god hates them.. because the bible makes it clear that he loves us all... anyways.. back the shemale thing.. shouldnt havent even been thought of.. just plan out sick.....