Author Topic: Roc The Mic  (Read 82 times)

NewJack

• 'G'
Roc The Mic
« on: July 07, 2003, 09:18:11 PM »
Aite, well I went to the concert tonite at Jones Beach in New York and I thought I'd give ya all a little review, something to look forward to if you going when it comes by your neighborhood.

Fabolous opened up, and it wasn't that good of a performance, prolly because the stadium was empty at that point. Pretty boring, but that's all 'cause no crowd to get into it. Had he been a middle performer, it prolly would've been hot.

Missy came out next, and even though I can't stand her, I gotta give her props, she held it down tonite. She brought out Timb to do their new single, and he was dope. Rocwilder was DJ'ing for 'em, and to everyone's surprise, Ginuwine made a guest appearance to sing In Those Jeans. After she finished, Lil' Mo came out and did one song. That ended Missy's set.

Busta came out next, and he came dope as hell. He got everybody into it, wit Jump, Fire It Up, Break Ya Neck, etc. He brought out Lumidee to do Uh-Oh, and Flip Mode came out for Give It To Me. It seemed like his last song was gonna be Break Ya Neck, and everybody got really into it, but right afterwards, he came back on stage wit a bottle of Courvesiere or however the fuck you spell it. After talkin' for a little, he got into the song, and then guess who runs on stage in the white SJ jogging suit? Yeah, Puffy was a guest for Busta, and their performance was crazy. That was it for Busta's show.

50 came on next, and I was honestly expecting 50 to be a horrible performer, because I saw clips from Summer Jam, and he didn't look like anything good. But he put on an ill show. He did a lot of his songs, no guest appearances tho.

Jay-Z's performance was off the hook. To my surprise, Beanie was there, I guess he got out of jail or something. Freeway did a few songs, Memph had some verses in other people's songs, MOP did a song, and Jay-Z did like every single he ever had. They had a 90 minute set, and also got in a tribute to all of the deceased rappers, notably Aaliyah, BIG, and Pac. No guests, but Jay-Z didn't need 'em, he had the whole Roc family, except Diplomats, prolly 'cause Camron's ego needs its own zip code.

I couldn't bring a camera in to the show, fucking dick security.. No pics, but the concert was definitely worth it. I sat on the floor, about 20 rows up, a step down from my 5th row to the Anger Management concert last year, but this concert was a bit better nonetheless. Fab was alright, Missy was alright, Busta, 50, and Jay-Z were all great. 50 of course got in some shots at Ja, he did the hook from Ecstasy, and talked some shit too.

No Sean Paul at this concert, I hear he been rotating in and out, and Obie is gonna be the new opening act starting July 9th. Hope the review helps for anyone thinking of seeing it.