Author Topic: Pastor asks for sign from God. God responds by striking church with lightning!  (Read 199 times)

Woodrow

Lightning Hits As Preacher Asks For Sign From God
Church Catches Fire

UPDATED: 10:34 a.m. EDT July 3, 2003

FOREST, Ohio -- A guest evangelist was preaching at the First Baptist Church in a small Hardin County town Tuesday night, emphasizing penance and asking for a sign from God.

At that moment, the church's steeple was hit by lightning, setting the church on fire and blowing out the sound system.

"It was awesome, just awesome," said church member Ronnie Cheney, 40, of rural Forest.

"You could hear the storm building outside ... He (the evangelist) just kept asking God what else he needed to say," Cheney said. "He was asking for a sign and he got one."

Cheney said the lightning traveled through the microphone and enveloped the preacher, but he was not injured.

Afterward, services resumed for about 20 minutes, but then the congregation realized that the church was on fire and the building was evacuated.

The Forest Fire Department quickly doused the flames. Damage was estimated at $20,000.

Forest is about 60 miles south of Toledo.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/2310197/detail.html

Whoa!!!

Thats pretty cool!

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Man i'd be freaked out if i was in church that day

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

UnstoppableForce

Krazy shit.

Sinister: "it was a mere coincidence"

Trauma-san

Asking for signs is stupid.  This was probably god's way of showing a sense of humour, lol.  

OutSider

or the church was full of homos...  :)

j/k..  8)

·SiNiStEr·

• Tex
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • is this mic on?
it was a mere coincidence
« Last Edit: July 04, 2003, 08:09:01 AM by ·SiNiStEr· »
:..WCC Cup Champion.. 
:..WCC Heavyweight Champion..           

Battle Record :    24-6

thats how we do..
.:-ELITE-:.    M-Dogg.. Rodzilla.. SiNiStEr.. VitoDeLuca.. Mack..  .:-ELITE-:. she wanted me to bust in her eye so she could watch my children..Fabolous

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History