Author Topic: Snoop's Next LP  (Read 693 times)

Young Dan Iza

Snoop's Next LP
« on: July 07, 2003, 07:51:38 AM »
from mtvnews.com==========

"Snoop to me is the quintessential version of a rap superstar." — P. Diddy

Two weeks ago Snoop Dogg told MTV News that he and P. Diddy would be collaborating for more than just one track on his next album. And now, Diddy himself has said that he wants to executive produce the LP.

That is, if Dr. Dre doesn't take the job. "I went to Snoop and I told him I want him to do his next album with Dre," Diddy explained. "As a fan, I love when him and Dre are together. But at the same time, if that don't work out, I want to get a crack at that next album (see "Snoop Looking For P. Diddy To Helm His Next LP").

"I'm trying to put together a movie for [Snoop], a movie on wax," he continued. "That's what we always loved when Dre and Snoop got together, it was a movie on wax. When me and Biggie did an album together, it was a movie on wax. [Snoop's] an artist that I can get really motivated by to do something historical." Diddy said that not only does Snoop define what an MC is supposed to be, but away from the studio, his good friend has a beautiful spirit. "Snoop to me is the quintessential version of a rap superstar," Diddy testified. "His presence, his confidence onstage, in the studio ... he's just so special and his energy is so positive. If you know Snoop, he's really a comedian. I get motivated by people that help to make me better and enlighten me to stuff. Whenever we've worked in the studio, which is a couple of times, he's open to taking direction. He doesn't feel he's too big to take direction."

The balla from the East and the playa from West did get a chance to put it down in the studio recently. Puff and Stevie J. produced a track for the "Bad Boys II" soundtrack called "Gangsta Sh--," which features the Dogg and Loon. The soundtrack for "Bad Boys II" comes out on July 15 (see "50 Cent, Biggie, Justin Timberlake On 'Bad Boys 2' Soundtrack"). There is no release date yet for the D-O-double-Gizzle's new album, as Snoop is a free agent and is currently fielding offers for a record deal.

UDollar A.K.A Nino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm sorry you had to see me like that...
Re:Snoop's Next LP
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2003, 08:07:19 AM »
^^
You got the story out, before me, lol.
Sounds good, and it also sounds like someone is in love with Snoop, lol.
Diddy: "His presence, his confidence onstage, in the studio ...", lol. lol.
"I have loved you," says the LORD. "Yet you say, 'In what way have you loved us?' "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" Says the LORD. "Yet Jacob I have loved" - Malachi 1:2

The final season of Lost - 2010

gFuNkA

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2003, 08:23:29 AM »
sounds interesting. i think snoop can fit over a diddy beat. that track on bad boys II is good.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2003, 08:44:16 AM »
the good thing is that he wants Dr.Dre to be part of it too

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2003, 09:09:47 AM »
I don't feel as negative about it as I did a few days ago. I think it might be a succes,though I certainly don't want a lot of Bad Boy influence on the next Snoop album.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

smoke562

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2003, 10:29:20 AM »
i hope dr dre beats puffy to it. ;D
fuck puffy. i want another dre produced snoop album 8)
this is what we been waitin for, for so long
« Last Edit: July 07, 2003, 10:33:52 AM by LAzoo »

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2003, 10:46:24 AM »
If Puff Daddy can get Snoop and Dre to work together again, he will finally get some of my respect.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2003, 11:02:58 AM »
I didn't kno what the deal was, when I first heard em sayin Puff was doin Snoops album, I thought Puff was just gonna executive produce it, I didn't kno it had anything to do with Dre.
I want to see Dre do Snoop's album as he did with Doggystyle. If Dre and Snoop only knew how dope it could be....sometimes I wonder if they aren't as good of business partners as we think or hope they are. Seeing the success of Doggystyle Chronic and the tracks from 2001, shouldn't they be makin as many hits as possible until they flop?

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2003, 01:24:00 PM »
Actually,having puff on the team might be the best move snoop has done in years.Seems to me that Puffy has many great ideas for a Snoop lp,so I think this is just gravy!  8)
Thanks for the news

kalliweed

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2003, 01:41:33 PM »
I know ya'll hate puff but he's a good producer...check out what he did for biggie,shyne,mary,lox etc...

Funkadelic

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2003, 01:54:13 PM »
That would really sucks. Snoop better should have an album done by Daz or any other dope west coast producer, but not P. Diddy (or whatever his name is).

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2003, 02:13:08 PM »
I used to hate the fact that Puffy was involved with this but I like the idea now ....he wants to bring the best out of Snooop and wants Snoop to work with Dr.Dre again so I guess it should be good and like I said before Puffy did alot of classic records and he's funky as fuck

be happy, You will have Puffy for promotion (and some beats) Dr.Dre for Beats and Snoop flowing good ...so I dont see whats wrong
« Last Edit: July 07, 2003, 02:15:21 PM by .:Bigg Chillah:. »

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2003, 02:20:19 PM »
I'd sure like to see the day when a new Snoop LP exec. produced by comes out, but I'm also thinking that Dre's got his hands full enough.

Time will tell.

PLANT

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2003, 03:12:04 PM »
Actually,having puff on the team might be the best move snoop has done in years.Seems to me that Puffy has many great ideas for a Snoop lp,so I think this is just gravy!  8)
Thanks for the news
Word.  I just hope Dre has the time to help Snoop and get down on this

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2003, 03:31:23 PM »
damn even puffys a fan, shows everyone knwos that a snoop dre team is sick as fuck, hope dre n snoop realise this n get down to some SERIOUS work on his next album, this way no one can hate on puffy for being part of it too

another thing which was interestin was that his a free agent...