Author Topic: Another Miracle: God Exists, Open your Eyes  (Read 775 times)

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Another Miracle: God Exists, Open your Eyes
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2003, 04:51:38 AM »
This doesn't convince me.  When people cannot explain something, they turn to god.  "My grandma died...must be god."  "A baby was the only survivor of a plane crash...must be god."

If there is a god in the universe, he is an asshole.  Everyone praises "God" because he saved a single life in a plane crash, and ignore the fact that he TOOK the lives of 55 Sudanese men, 27 women,16 children and seven foreigners.  I don't see whats so special about it...

Do not try to convince non-believers that there is a God.  You doing that to us is like us trying to convince you that there is no god.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2003, 04:52:21 AM by Xearo »

HHH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "hello!!"
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2003, 05:18:23 AM »
...the baby was lucky.....nothing to do with god !!

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2003, 05:37:00 AM »
We finally get rational in here. And god must indeed be an asshole if he let's the others die.If the human race is so close to his heart why only let the baby survive? He still has all oppurtunity to develop into a tyrant or a murderer or who knows what else. That God of ours would better stop wars and hunger or do something else that has a more global positive effect on his beloved humans. I remember someone mentioning the size of the baby and that's indeed an important factor.If you throw a beetle from a tower it'll walk further unharmed,a mouse will be a little uncomfortable for a short time,a human will splash and a horse will explode.The mass  is very important for the effect of the inpact with the floor. Someone asked me to rationalize 'luck'. Well here it is:

To find yourself unexpectedly in a positive situation is to have luck

happy now?I bet you expected to have cornered me there but my brain hasn't been spoiled with religion and arrogant beliefs so I have actually been able to use common sense to find answers rather then relying on a supernatural cause to explain everything.

No offense to the people who are religious but don't try to convince me of the correctness of their views.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

HHH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "hello!!"
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2003, 05:40:32 AM »
god must indeed be an asshole if he let's the others die.If the human race is so close to his heart why only let the baby survive?

word  ;D

JTSimon

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2003, 06:10:41 AM »
[size=16]THE KID WAS JUST LUCKY![/size]
Even though TQ is gay I agree

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2003, 06:22:37 AM »
No offense to the people who are religious

Don't tar all religious people with this bible belt right wing bible bashing over zealous preaching going on.

mauzip

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2003, 08:51:33 AM »
rofl @ lil' Bullet tha OutSider

when i say the kid is lucky you're disrespectful to me and when seer says the same thing in different words it's all good ::)

but seriously, seer has a good point, so does z-virus. how can god exist if he let people suffer cancer, let people get beaten up and murdered and let a baby survive from a fall :-X

but i'm tired of these discussions about religion. let everybdoy believe what he/she wants to believe, but don't try to convince people of what you think!

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2003, 11:27:59 AM »

but seriously, seer has a good point, so does z-virus. how can god exist if he let people suffer cancer, let people get beaten up and murdered and let a baby survive from a fall :-X

Well, I would say it has something to do with karma, spiritual history, how evil is just a perception and is neccessary for good to exist blah blah, but I dont really want to get into that right now and like I wouldn't change my views, you probably wouldn't change yours.  Back to the topic, that is just incredible to say the least.

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2003, 12:29:11 PM »
how come when people cant explain something, or something is just beyond their understanding...they take the easy way out to make them feel better about their, hmm...ignorance, and just say...its "God"? I mean fuk, we have a brain for a reason. lol.

Trauma-san

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2003, 07:16:35 PM »
^^ because we can't.  There ARE things, that no matter what, we cannot explain, anyway we look at it.  Space, Infinity, & Time are three perfect examples, we cannot explain them, we cannot understand them, but yet they exist.  

What it comes down to is, We don't know why god does what he does, if we did, we'd be god.  Everyonce in a while, or maybe all the time, I dunno, he reaches down and does something, to people that believe, they go "Wow! That was god!" to other people, they just don't understand what just happened.  

Like you don't understand how a baby could fall out of the sky in a plane, and live when everybody else on board died.  He couldn't have done it without some help from somebody, that he's still alive is basically impossible, but yet he is.  

And O, God doesn't leave calling cards.  He 'proves' himself through faith, it's complicated and you probably don't care, or I'd explain it... AGAIN... I've already explained it about a dozen times on here, but nobody really is interested in it, so I don't feel like getting into it.  

mauzip

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2003, 10:18:32 PM »
Like you don't understand how a baby could fall out of the sky in a plane, and live when everybody else on board died.  He couldn't have done it without some help from somebody, that he's still alive is basically impossible, but yet he is.

lol no that's just pure luck. and what seer said that bones of a baby are more flexible than bones of an 80-year-old.

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2003, 02:04:48 AM »
^^ because we can't.  There ARE things, that no matter what, we cannot explain, anyway we look at it.  Space, Infinity, & Time are three perfect examples, we cannot explain them, we cannot understand them, but yet they exist.  

What it comes down to is, We don't know why god does what he does, if we did, we'd be god.  Everyonce in a while, or maybe all the time, I dunno, he reaches down and does something, to people that believe, they go "Wow! That was god!" to other people, they just don't understand what just happened.  

like i said before...people make up things, to make them feel better about their lack of understanding. People fear, what they cant explain. In order to control that fear, they create something good from it (God). God is always good, according to you...and anyone who believes what u believe. So, when something happens that u cant explain, or dont want to take the time to TRY and explain, u can say...it was God. When something bad happens, and u dont want to face the the reality that bad things can happen to you, u say...it was God. He does everything for a reason...etc...etc. Now u feel better, right? Because God...is looking after YOU. Its basically one big 'security blanket' for adults. Youre right, there are some things that we cannot YET explain. But thats why we have minds, in order to keep TRYING to understand...and learn how they are possible. Not to just be blind followers, and say..."Its God....".

HHH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "hello!!"
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2003, 02:15:23 AM »

lol no that's just pure luck. and what seer said that bones of a baby are more flexible than bones of an 80-year-old.

true...ive heard stories about babies and small children falling out of windows and shit and they are fine....not even a broken bone !!  :o

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2003, 10:05:17 AM »
like i said before...people make up things, to make them feel better about their lack of understanding. People fear, what they cant explain. In order to control that fear, they create something good from it (God). God is always good, according to you...and anyone who believes what u believe. So, when something happens that u cant explain, or dont want to take the time to TRY and explain, u can say...it was God.

^^EXACTLY^^

PS: Scorpion...Time is a man-made idea and concept.  Time does not exist without man to interpret it...Albert Einstein even said so.

Trauma-san

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2003, 09:52:00 PM »
It's all good yall, I'm not gonna change your opinions, and you're not gonna change mine, the world and our interpretation of it doesn't revolve around one voice.