Author Topic: SIGNS, HOLY SHIT.  (Read 383 times)

bez

SIGNS, HOLY SHIT.
« on: September 15, 2002, 01:37:00 PM »
Well I saw this film tonight with my 2 buddy's and I was just waiting for the birthday party scene.  Well it came, I waited and I shit my pants.  Great scene.

I thought this film was great, I aint never seen anything like it before and I thought it was nice and original and had a great storyline.  Defo a 9/10 and a must see for anybody.  See it in the cinema if you can because the noises/reactions and shit is much better than it will be at home on video/dvd.

The storyline was great with the whole fate thing.  The wife dying, the water, the baseball.  And I like the way everything on the film fell into place, there was never really any scene's in the film where I thought what the fuck was the point in that.  Everything slotted together like a jigsaw puzzle and the movie was solid as fuck.  The kids played there parts really really well and the uncle was great to watch aswell.  Hes a great actor that guy.  The only downfall with this film for me that it was too corny and not serious enough, I mean some of the scene's had the crowd laughing and being happy like, I think that a film like that should have no laughing scene's in it.  It was a film about mystery/fate/Aliens and the film made people laugh.  I think a bit more time could of been spent on the alien side of the film rather than the lets make the crowd laugh side of it.  I mean the bit with the tin foil hates was funny as fuck, and had me laughing which I thought would of been great in a comedy but the film was anything but a comedy in my eyes.

Never the less a fantastic film and great actor's and some really really really good scary scene's in.  Yet again as with every film the Alien was not up to standards e.g. Inderpendance Day.  The alien was'nt in the film enough and the end fight scence should of been more of a fight between the uncle and the Alien.  I defo give it a 9/10 and I would love to see a second one, but realistically its never gunna happen.  

Go see it UK FOLKS.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Pillow

Re: SIGNS, HOLY SHIT.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2002, 07:09:24 PM »
yea signs was a classic, a must see. one of mel gibsons best films other then the 3 leathel weapons

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2002, 08:38:28 AM »
I loved everything about the movie, I even liked the comedy scenes, I think it was refreshing  that they didn't actually keep it all serious (but I see you have a different opinion, I respect that).  I would give it a 9.5, I thought it was EXCELLENTLY written, all the actors were well cast (although I'm a little worried about Shyalman putting himself in all his movies, he's not that great of an actor)... I really, really think this is a classic, along Gibsons' other great stuff like Braveheart and the Patriot.  He did Hart's war earlier this year, too, and man, that was a great, great movie.  

bez

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2002, 09:01:06 AM »
I loved everything about the movie, I even liked the comedy scenes, I think it was refreshing  that they didn't actually keep it all serious (but I see you have a different opinion, I respect that).  I would give it a 9.5, I thought it was EXCELLENTLY written, all the actors were well cast (although I'm a little worried about Shyalman putting himself in all his movies, he's not that great of an actor)... I really, really think this is a classic, along Gibsons' other great stuff like Braveheart and the Patriot.  He did Hart's war earlier this year, too, and man, that was a great, great movie.  

nar lad dont get me wrong I laughed at the scenes and I thought they where great in the movie, I think it made the movie different as it was funny adn serious and scary.  It was different.  I just thought that maybe some of the comedy could of been used to generate more of the sotry line around the aleins like but neverless I still loved the comedy side of the film and thought it fitted in well with the film.  

Defo a gibson classic along with all the leathal weapons/randsom/braveheart.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2002, 10:23:26 AM »
Yeah the Patriot is a real good movie..It kinda makes me hate Brits..jk

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2002, 08:11:49 PM »

I agree with everything mah man Trauma has said  :)

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...