Author Topic: Western poverty  (Read 184 times)

ITW [the irish boy]

Western poverty
« on: July 08, 2003, 01:29:44 PM »
While we all hear about poverty in the middle east africa etc, we rarely see what's on our doorstep. A UN report out today shocked the Irish government by stating that we have the second worst poverty rate of developed countries, second only to the United States. While this may shock the government, the people have been saying it for a long time. Whereas 15yrs ago the number of homeless in ireland was less than 100, nowadays its almost as common to see people living rough as it is if u visit major cities in the US and europe. Why is it that as a country gets richer more people get poorer?  And how can we stop it? What are your experiences from your countries?
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re:Western poverty
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2003, 01:34:01 AM »
i don't know why people are poor in europe the way most of the people here build their governments health and education plans but i can tell you why people are poor in the US.

#1. Drugs and Alcahol- This is TOO accepted in modern society , anywhere really. But the US is made up of many many cultures. most of which have cultures that incoperate boos. example: hispanics, italians, irish, african americans are the biggest buyers of alcahol in this country and if you look at their cultures.....it's because they're too accepted. adiction to boos leads to nothing but bad things, and drugs as well. not to diss hip hop , but ever since hip hop exploded drug use has gone up . so kids are growing up with notion that drugs are OKAY.

#2.too many kids are NOT going to college. not becuase they can't afford it, but because they simply don't want to.

#3. the price of living is HIGH AS FUCK in big cities here in the US .  here in bakersfield (a medium sized city).....a REAL nice house will run you 100,000 bucks in a nice neighborhood.......you go to LA and that's a house that's in the ghetto . something should be done about this. if you notice San Francisco (who has the highest rate of living in the US) has the highest amount of homeless people.....hmmm what a cooinky dink.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2003, 01:49:23 AM »
^ take that house price... double it, and thats how much a reasonable sized house costs over here... crazy huh!

and dont wanna be picky jake.. but your spelling is atrocious
« Last Edit: July 09, 2003, 01:50:25 AM by Overseer »

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2003, 02:44:33 AM »
yeah i probably spelled a billion things wrong , it's just when i type fast my grammar goes out the window....i type as fast as i think of what i'm going to say , so i make a lot of erros. i swear i ain't a bad  speller  though,lol

HHH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "hello!!"
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2003, 03:14:41 AM »
^ take that house price... double it, and thats how much a reasonable sized house costs over here... crazy huh!

a nice place in oxford is around £250,000 +  :o takes the fuckin piss !! it makes it almost impossible for anyone buyin for the first time to get a decent yard !!

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2003, 12:38:03 PM »
Why is it that as a country gets richer more people get poorer?  

Republicans..

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2003, 12:41:07 PM »
if you notice San Francisco (who has the highest rate of living in the US) has the highest amount of homeless people.....hmmm what a cooinky dink.

no it doesnt...

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2003, 06:08:31 PM »
if you notice San Francisco (who has the highest rate of living in the US) has the highest amount of homeless people.....hmmm what a cooinky dink.

no it doesnt...

New York and San Francisco have the priciest standard of living here in the US and San Francisco has the most homeless per sq mile  as of january 1, 2003. unless you got something from june 1st saying different , i stand by what i said.