Author Topic: Lets Debate...  (Read 1087 times)

Bigg AG

Lets Debate...
« on: July 13, 2003, 03:02:49 AM »
Debate about sumthing there is gonna be a thing is HS and we are gonna spend a whole six weeks debating and i need to learn how to do good... i chose tha Train of Though cuzz its political and shyt... i dont mean like lets say Trauma thinks OJ killed tha girl and Owen thinks he didnt and Trauma calls Owen a bitch for not thinking tha same thing i dont want this to get personal and shyt u feel me? so some one start a topic... i need to master this cuzz im a master debater lol get it? but fore real... lets debate... sum1 start a topic... im out!!!

Trauma-san

Re:Lets Debate...
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2003, 08:15:51 AM »
My dad told me when I was young to never argue with people about politics or money.  I never listened, I guess.  

TheSheriff

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2003, 11:40:19 AM »
My dad told me when I was young to never argue with people about politics or money.  I never listened, I guess.  

Rather than argue, what does one do? Beat someone up and impose your will? Give them information, and do not defend it, relying upon righteousness to win through?

Does one do nothing? No. I'm sure even the most pacifistic person would fight for the one they loved. I'm sure a man who had never argued since he was a boy would plead with robbers not to kill his wife.

Argument is the crank of history.

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2003, 11:50:56 AM »
I'm so good at arguing. I am constantly sonning people (Quake, Mauzip, Engel, etc...). AG, it's good you're taking this class; maybe after completing the course you can come here and join Owen and me in the Sonning. 8)

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2003, 12:13:28 PM »

Rather than argue, what does one do? Beat someone up and impose your will? Give them information, and do not defend it, relying upon righteousness to win through?

Does one do nothing? No. I'm sure even the most pacifistic person would fight for the one they loved. I'm sure a man who had never argued since he was a boy would plead with robbers not to kill his wife.

Argument is the crank of history.

You're so enlightened!

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2003, 12:18:45 PM »
oh no he's not...  8)

TheSheriff

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2003, 12:19:05 PM »
Define enlightened.

Woodrow

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2003, 12:19:59 PM »
I'm so good at arguing. I am constantly sonning people (Quake, Mauzip, Engel, etc...). AG, it's good you're taking this class; maybe after completing the course you can come here and join Owen and me in the Sonning. 8)

Here's a rule of thumb:

If you constantly have to bring attention to the fact that "son" somebody, you aren't very good at it.

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2003, 12:22:02 PM »
Hey, there's nothing wrong with bragging. If you want, you can brag about getting sonned.

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2003, 12:25:22 PM »
i dont mean like lets say Trauma thinks OJ killed tha girl and Owen thinks he didnt and Trauma calls Owen a bitch for not thinking tha same thing i dont want this to get personal and shyt u feel me?

It's a very good idea not getting personal.I did that at high school.I was against editing music and the class had to be for editing.This one girl,oh no i mean bitch,kept on yanking about the same things and when she said: "if you ask me,they curse to get attention." for the 100th time i got pissed off and threw out something absolutely true: "You demand attention yourself all the time!" I shouldn't have said that of course and it resulted in getting hit by her.But luckily the bitch is an addict and can't hit that hard. ;D ;D

Anyways,you wanted to have a subject. What about this one?

Experiments on animals should be prohibited.

I argue: They have to be prohibited because it's cruel to the animals that are unvoluntarily experimented on.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

Don Seer

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2003, 12:27:41 PM »
Define enlightened.

It means your torch has batteries in.

TheSheriff

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2003, 12:33:40 PM »
My torches are still oil on a rag ones.

Woodrow

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2003, 12:33:56 PM »
Define enlightened.

It means your torch has batteries in.

*Rimshot*

He will be here all week folks. Autographs after the show. Be sure to try the veal, I hear it's superb!

;D
« Last Edit: July 13, 2003, 12:34:39 PM by Engel-Rock AKA Dances With Bitch »

Don Seer

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2003, 01:02:24 PM »
lol.. mm veal :)

my original reply was inspired by this thread reminding me of this...

http://www.duke.edu/~pms5/humor/argument.html

too big to paste :)

Trauma-san

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2003, 02:22:56 PM »
Define enlightened.

I was being sarcastic.  Everything you said was just blatant agitate the statement type stuff.  It's like somebody saying the sky is blue, then you go into a discourse on why the sky is actually black.