Author Topic: Lets Debate...  (Read 1094 times)

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
Re:Lets Debate...
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2003, 02:55:35 PM »
Define enlightened.

I was being sarcastic.  Everything you said was just blatant agitate the statement type stuff.  It's like somebody saying the sky is blue, then you go into a discourse on why the sky is actually black.  

its starting already...lol

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2003, 03:01:34 PM »
AG, just go into any TOT thread, there's a high chance of a debate going on.

Don Seer

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2003, 03:05:52 PM »
Define enlightened.

I was being sarcastic.  Everything you said was just blatant agitate the statement type stuff.  It's like somebody saying the sky is blue, then you go into a discourse on why the sky is actually black.  

LOL... Trauma's so on point its not funny.

...and actually.. its the realest thing you've said for a while.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2003, 03:06:25 PM by Overseer »

TheSheriff

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2003, 03:39:17 PM »
Sorry to continue being contradictory, but I wasn't talking to you, Ronnie. I was talking to Overseer.

Your comment was flippant, and didn't spring a response; Overseer then gave a slightly less facetious rejoinder (for this is, surely, banter, rather than debate). So I decided to ask him the question - though you are welcome to answer.

And no, dear audience, it is not starting off. I did not post to agitate the thread. I posted because it caught a passing train of thought (haha, my puns are FUNAY), and I let it keep going.

Don Seer

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2003, 03:41:18 PM »
owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this..

OWEN SAYS: I can't not reply to this? Well, I haven't replied, have I?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2003, 03:50:30 PM by Inspector Owen »

Bigg AG

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2003, 05:03:51 PM »
so anyways we gotta have 4 ppl 2 vs. 2 and its gonna be me, my boy Jamaal, keith, and robert and we are gonna do it on abortion me and jamaal are gonna be against it and tha otehr too are gonna be for it... we are gonna have everything ready for HS... our homiez that are going to 10th told us its kinda easy and shyt idk... i gotta checc it out when i go bacc too school... im out!!!

Trauma-san

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2003, 09:47:42 PM »
Sorry to continue being contradictory, but I wasn't talking to you, Ronnie. I was talking to Overseer.

Your comment was flippant, and didn't spring a response; Overseer then gave a slightly less facetious rejoinder (for this is, surely, banter, rather than debate). So I decided to ask him the question - though you are welcome to answer.

And no, dear audience, it is not starting off. I did not post to agitate the thread. I posted because it caught a passing train of thought (haha, my puns are FUNAY), and I let it keep going.

As O has caught on to, because he's British and I think humour runs their lives or something, LOL, the whole joke is that you post things just to sound smart, it's in the way you talk, the way you argue, everything.  You are smart, but you force it down everybody's throat; for instance; NEWS FLASH, Shakespearean prose went out a long time ago, buddy.  "For this is, surely, banter.." URGH, no wonder your girlfriends are fake.  

Don Seer

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2003, 12:48:15 AM »
owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this.. owen can't not reply to this..

OWEN SAYS: I can't not reply to this? Well, I haven't replied, have I?

actually yes you have.

just like you had to unlock that "abortion" thread after I said it was over to have your final say.

Trauma-san

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2003, 01:03:18 AM »
OOOOoooooohhhh.... I KNEW when he did that it was gonna piss you off, LOL!

Don Seer

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2003, 01:56:47 AM »
well ya know me better than he does then ;)

Bigg AG

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2003, 02:07:14 AM »
wait are tha 2 O's beefing??? Owen and Over??? man im shocced wait... we are debating thank you... im out!!!

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2003, 06:05:43 AM »
I want to know if "facetious rejoinder" has ever been said by anyone in real life.

lol

Don Seer

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2003, 06:20:36 AM »
^ a quick search found that it hasnt been used on any web pages, but has in newsgroups. most common usage by 1 ) Leo DiCaprio fans, 2) people who think they're vampires  ;D

(patronising mode on)

So my good fellow, ones non-facetious rejoinder to the question at hand is in fact that yes it has been used in the vernacular of others, albeit not I assume in the context of daily discourse.

(patronising mode off)

(normal person speak on)

yes its been used, but only by people who want to make themselves sound above the rest, and certainly not as part of daily speech.

i.e. by those trying to maintain an air of superiority or exclusivity. fronting like this probably shows some kind of underlying social deficit.

and i'm out!! ;)

TheSheriff

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2003, 06:58:29 AM »
Did I ever deny I had a social deficit?

P.S. If you can find "facetious rejoinder" in any Shakespeare comedy, or any of his period, I'll give you a dime, you ass hats. Your insults need to have some basis in truth.

And Trauma, enjoy those 10 wives.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2003, 07:04:45 AM by Inspector Owen »

Don Seer

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2003, 07:15:25 AM »
^ deleted his own acct.  :-\