Author Topic: 700 hp CAddilac Escalade  (Read 112 times)

Immortal

700 hp CAddilac Escalade
« on: July 14, 2003, 03:25:54 PM »
wow, i just recieved me latest edition of Car and Driver today and its got these awesome cars reviewed. They had a special report on this new modified Cadillac Escalade EXT that hasa 700 hp and 740 lb ft of torque. THe shit is amazing and off the hook , has a twin turbo V8 16 valvue engine and is 0-60 in 4.0 seconds!!!!!!!

heres the website link, the price is 126,620$ american and this baby is totally mind blowing. What a masterpiece.

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=26&article_id=6860

« Last Edit: July 14, 2003, 03:44:37 PM by Immortal Tech aka Apocalypse »
"Tha Immortality of my Fame is the measure of others torture..."--GZA

Immortal

Re:700 hp CAddilac Escalade
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2003, 03:27:15 PM »

Lingenfelter 427 Twin-Turbo Escalade EXT
Giving new meaning to the word excess, in every respect: size, weight, cost, and, uh-huh, speed.
BY LARRY WEBSTER
PHOTOGRAPHY BY AARON KILEY
August 2003
   1  2  

With a curb weight that is almost double that of a Corvette and a center of gravity measured in feet rather than inches above the ground, the Cadillac Escalade EXT luxury five-passenger pickup is as likely a performance vehicle as Rosie O'Donnell is an obsequious Avon Lady. So imagine the confusion in our little brains when we tested a modified Escalade that was quicker than a Porsche 911, a BMW M3, and even a Ferrari 360 Modena F1.

This unholy Escalade was the work of Lingenfelter Performance Engineering of Decatur, Indiana. Although we've covered many of the company's modified Corvettes and Camaros over the years, we've only sampled a few of its trucks.

"Since GM introduced its latest-generation truck platform in 1999," says LPE's Jason Haines, "the number of trucks that we've modified has quadrupled." So, as full-size trucks are good business for the auto companies, it seems large vehicles are also good for tuning shops such as Lingenfelter's.

The problem with tuning trucks is they're heavy. To make one reasonably quick—and provide the well-heeled owner with the kick he or she expects—takes copious amounts of horsepower.

Although a 3300-pound, 350-hp Corvette can outrun just about anything with an additional $20,000 and 200 horsepower, LPE had to more than double the output of the Escalade. The stock 6.0-liter V-8 thumps out 345 horsepower and 380 pound-feet of torque—respectable numbers—but once the makeover is completed, the power and torque levels are outlandish: 700 hp at 5200 rpm and 740 pound-feet at 4600 rpm. That's more than the 493-hp Mercedes S600, the 550-hp Saleen S7, and the 650-hp Ferrari Enzo Ferrari.

At $55,975, this monster LPE motor costs a few grand more than an entire Corvette Z06 and does not share any parts with the stock unit. The block is a heavy-duty aluminum unit that GM developed for its Le Mans-winning Corvettes in 2001. Tucked into the cylinders are 4.13-inch-wide pistons (stock is 4.0) with topside depressions that lower the compression ratio from 10.0:1 to 8.5:1. Stroke was increased from 3.62 inches to 4.0, and displacement was increased from 6.0 liters to 7.0. Two Garrett turbochargers increase intake-air pressure by 9.0 psi, and two 12-by-24-inch intercoolers chill the charge to further increase power.

The last time we sampled this engine, it was in a Corvette, and that experience was a little frustrating because it so easily spun the tires. Sure, burnouts can be cool, but it's a little embarrassing when you want to dust off a pimply-faced punk in a Camaro IROC and instead of effortlessly blowing him off, you're spinning your wheels. Still, that Vette was a rocket, and with a little finesse, it managed to win our September 2002 "Supercar Challenge."

No finesse was required to launch the Slade, however, because Lingenfelter retained the standard full-time four-wheel-drive system. The transmission was upgraded with stronger clutches and higher shift pressure for $2795, and a $1495 high-performance torque converter was added. Other goodies included Alcon brakes for $5375, a suspension stiffening for $1695, and 20-inch wheels wearing Pirelli Scorpion Zero tires for $6550. In addition, the steering system's idler arm was stiffened with a series of gussets for $600. Okay, you'd better sit down. This Escalade—including the cost of a new 2002 stock $50,015 vehicle—came to a heart-fluttering base price of $124,500.

What we liked best about the Slade was how effortlessly it put all 700 horses to the ground. With the four-wheel-drive system and automatic transmission, an Avon Lady could launch the thing perfectly. Apply a bit of brake torque, and the LPE Escalade honks to 60 mph in only four seconds, just about half the time a stocker needs. In 11.1 seconds it's at 100 mph, and in only 12.7 seconds it passes the quarter-mile at 106 mph (a Ferrari 360 Modena F1 reaches 60 in 4.6 seconds and the quarter in 13.1 seconds at 110 mph).

A Dodge Viper and a handful of other sports cars are quicker, but we figure the Lingenfelter Slade could easily outfox plenty of unsuspecting drivers. At full boil, it makes a tremendous roar. It's not loud inside the cabin, but bystanders report a whooshing sound that resembles a jet at takeoff. Inside, you can hear the spooling turbos and an annoying gasp as the blow-off valve releases air pressure whenever the throttle is closed.

We recommend opting for the big brakes because they did a tremendous job of slowing down this shoe-box-shaped missile. From 70 mph, it stopped in 182 feet, only 12 more feet than a Porsche Cayenne Turbo can manage. After five repeated stops, we noticed only a hint of fade, which is far better than the stock brakes that feel ready to go home after one stop.

The suspension and the Pirelli Scorpion tires increased cornering grip from 0.73 g to 0.83 g. If we didn't live in the Pothole Belt, we probably would have appreciated the handling benefits of the new suspenders. But we'd happily give up a little grip in exchange for a smoother ride.

As much as we enjoyed blasting around in this unlikeliest of sprinters, the whole idea of it still strikes us as odd. If you want performance, why not buy something designed to go fast—a Chevy Corvette or a BMW M5? It looks as if the LPE Escalade may join genital piercing and Toyota's new Scion brand on the list of things we just don't get.

Lingenfelter Performance Engineering, 1557 Winchester Road, Decatur, Indiana 46733; 260-724-2552; www.lingenfelter.com.

Vehicle type: front-engine, 4-wheel-drive, 5-passenger, 5-door truck
Price as tested: $126,620 (base price*: $124,500)
Engine type: twin-turbocharged and intercooled pushrod 16-valve V-8, aluminum block and heads, GM/LPE engine-control system with port fuel injection

Displacement: 428 cu in, 7008cc
Power (SAE net): 700 bhp @ 5200 rpm
Torque (SAE net): 740 lb-ft @ 4600 rpm
Transmission: 4-speed automatic with lockup torque converter
Wheelbase: 130.0 in
Length: 221.4 in
Curb weight: 5709 lb
Zero to 60 mph 4.0 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 11.1 sec
Zero to 130 mph: 21.2 sec
Street start, 5-60 mph: 4.5 sec
Standing 1/4-mile: 12.7 sec @ 106 mph
Braking, 70-0 mph: 182 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.83 g
EPA fuel economy, city driving: 11 mpg
*Base price includes all performance-enhancing options.

:o :o :o :o
"Tha Immortality of my Fame is the measure of others torture..."--GZA

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re:700 hp CAddilac Escalade
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2003, 06:21:24 PM »
 :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o and  :o

that's the coolest shit i've read and also one of the weirdest

cool cuz i like car mods like i like a good piece of ass

but weird cuz it's an escalade.....lol, if i had an esco, i'd pimp it out as a cruising car, and throw on a COUPLE of performance parts to  help it run better with all the pimped out stuff. lol i wanna race it though

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09