Author Topic: Biggest Influence On Hip Hop?  (Read 716 times)

West Coast Veteran

Re:Biggest Influence On Hip Hop?
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2003, 01:25:47 AM »
em may not have had that much influence on other rappers (except the white ones but a lot of them are trying to make it)...but neither did diddy...i dont see many ppl tryin to bring the no way out style anymore or even the forever or saga continues style...diddy is about as successful as eminem....em just happened to expose the world to the fact that white ppl may not be able to jump...but they can rap!

So far I only have one original influence Eminem has had on the industry which is to influence record companies to sign white MC's. And the only thing those rappers have in common with Eminem is that they are white. None of them are using his psycho/crazy style so he isn't really influencing them as rappers but more the industry.

All the rap songs on the radio right now as we speak with an R&B hook and soft catchy beat is the formula Puffy made with Bad Boy ("Juicy", "One More Chance", "Big Poppa", "Feels So Good", "Can't Nobody Hold Me Down", "Mo' Money Mo' Problems", "Been Around The World", and the list goes on).

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2003, 01:27:02 AM »
anywayz dude...im gettin tired as hell...its like 1:30 am here and i didnt get a whole lot of sleep last night...ill talk to you more about this tomorrow probably lol...

lol good discussin this shit with you.....i got a plane to catch in a few hours so i'm trying to waste time debating....thanks for the talk...peace

Don Breezio

« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2003, 11:18:39 AM »
lol no problem...whats everyone else think of this shit?

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2003, 11:24:47 AM »
g rap-multis, mafiso/thug style
finesse-cockiness, punches
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2003, 06:00:30 PM »
Warren G - Regulators (w/out this...no g-funk)

LMAO, your kidding right? G-Funk existed before Warren G dropped that track, Above The Law started G-Funk.........it's bad enough people give Dre props for G-Funk but to give it to Warren G? ::)

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Skindiana bon3z

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2003, 06:04:52 PM »
Noreaga  ;D

lmao...nore did *nothin'* for hip hop...except make good music...no impact or influence

LMAO, I just said that cuz I love Noreaga's music...I just looked at this and posted this, anyway I think CNN's album The War Report had somewhat of an influence on hip hop...not much though....anyway I think NWA had a huge influence on hip hop, they started this gangsta shit  ;D

Don Breezio

« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2003, 06:49:45 PM »
Warren G - Regulators (w/out this...no g-funk)

LMAO, your kidding right? G-Funk existed before Warren G dropped that track, Above The Law started G-Funk.........it's bad enough people give Dre props for G-Funk but to give it to Warren G? ::)

g-funk wasnt known until warren dropped regulators...then the shit blew up...

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2003, 06:49:24 PM »
Biggest influence on hip-hop?  Just a song?

Here you are:

Doug E. Fresh & The Get Fresh Crew - "La Di Da Di"

SIKWITIT

• Lil Geezy
  • 50's hot and the rest is not
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2003, 01:57:15 AM »

Dr. Dre - Nuthin But A G Thang
Notorious B.I.G. - Juicy/Big Poppa (put east coast gangsta rap on the map)