Author Topic: RAKIM LEAVES AFTERMATH?  (Read 2487 times)

• Lil Geezy
  • Reppin Bay Area
Re:Wat tha Feezy? RAKIM OFF AFTERMATH???
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2003, 11:31:42 AM »
Lol dont you guys that said its false feel stupid. Dont fuck wit vlad. vlads my boy.
Its offical.
<a href="http://wckillaz.net">Wc Kilaz</a>
Here the audio from Rakims manager.

LazyLatino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:RAKIM LEAVES AFTERMATH?
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2003, 11:34:56 AM »
A gangsta album?? Naw naw...Jimmy wanted to have hooks and radiofriendly songs on that mothafucka....it wouldnt suprise me if Rakim decided that he was betta off Aftermath after he did Tha formula interview..read that interview carefully folks..it says more about that the situation at Aftermath that youll think...

Peace

LazyLatino

West C. Connected

« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2003, 11:38:54 AM »
Both Jimmy & Dre
DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE

Don Breezio

« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2003, 11:43:25 AM »
A gangsta album?? Naw naw...Jimmy wanted to have hooks and radiofriendly songs on that mothafucka....it wouldnt suprise me if Rakim decided that he was betta off Aftermath after he did Tha formula interview..read that interview carefully folks..it says more about that the situation at Aftermath that youll think...

yea i know what your talkin about...i was kinda wondering what was goin on when i read that interview cuz rah seemed kinda skeptical...

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2003, 11:47:00 AM »
this is how i figure it, if rakim left aftermath, then he cant be seen going into the building, or be seen with dre, meaning the album is done, meaning it will drop soon, or rakim really did leave, but wat about all the songs...

gdjone

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2003, 12:37:19 PM »
I feel a empty hole inside me right now. It feels like I will never hear "Oh My God" the way it was suppose to be heard. This is the worst news I'm heard in a long while, like when Magic retired or Jordan retiring the first time, when Big and Pac got killed, like losing something you love. Rakim and this "Oh My God "project was one of the last hopes for true hiphop heads, now who do we turn to. I can't think of nobody that could feel Rakims shoes or meet the exspectations of this project. Yeah, he way drop enother album but it will be hard to amgine it being better that what was suppose to happen with Aftermath. This shit feels horrible.

Sir Hambone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hambone 2 The Dome, Hard As Stone,Took the Throne
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2003, 12:49:37 PM »
Dre cant do shit, he's jimmy's bitch.. jimmy has to ok everything they put out.
dayuuuuuuuuuuuuuum that was harsh.....

funny thing is...though..its probably true........ Dre is a super producer...but He CANT put out anything he wants..........that is kinda sad,........someone of his status.........

hopefully Rakim  comes out this year....even if he isnt on aftermath....maybe DRE can just produce a couple of tracks for him......
Hambone, all others are fake,like Clones,Hop skip and a jump punk,dirty south crunk,lyrics lethal give u a bump like a Cancer Lump,So try to Tempt,fuckin simp,eat your spinach fuckin wimp,have u all crimp and crimpled,and it was all pretty simple,Came back from haitus, my nephews and us, ya'll can't fade us,some of ya'll crossin over like traitors,Took the bait and Hook,come back around and beat your azz like a crook,if u need 2 learn go get a book,SirHambone, Welcoming me back to the WCC Home

Mudpole

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2003, 01:23:00 PM »
I ain't beleiving shit till I hear somethin official, cause all
we are going on is some quote from Ra's manager!

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2003, 02:00:03 PM »
here's waht probably happened: Rakim has years of being told what to do (remember, Dre is a perfectionist and perfectionists ALWAYS want to take control) and eventually he gets fed up and leaves. that's what i woulda done

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2003, 03:14:01 PM »
man fuck dre and jimmy for this shit...

Don Breezio

« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2003, 03:18:56 PM »

its on rakim's website...im sure its true if they put it on there.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2003, 03:37:33 PM »
i aint feelin this shit one bit..................im tellin ya, dre needs to leave jimmy, and take control himself, ........im pissed like a muthafucker

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2003, 03:44:29 PM »

its on rakim's website...im sure its true if they put it on there.
whats his website?

Wild_Elmo

« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2003, 04:07:16 PM »
I told you guys that Dre doesnt know how to run a label. Now that Rakim is gone, Aftermath is shit, nothin left. fuck aftermath..

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2003, 04:14:04 PM »
I told you guys that Dre doesnt know how to run a label. Now that Rakim is gone, Aftermath is shit, nothin left. fuck aftermath..

lol dumb ass. without or without rakim, theyre still blessed with a shit loada talented mcs, mainstream or not.

as for rakims manager, he hasnt said shit. all we heard was from dj vlad.