Author Topic: RAKIM LEAVES AFTERMATH?  (Read 2462 times)

Dedicato

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • AFTERMATH MUSIC
Re:RAKIM LEAVES AFTERMATH?
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2003, 04:25:28 PM »
as for rakims manager, he hasnt said shit. all we heard was from dj vlad.

THATS STR8 FROM RAKIMS MANAGER ;)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2003, 04:27:42 PM »
the news is up at mtv.com...............fuck this shit

bez

« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2003, 04:45:45 PM »
Thinkin of a master plan/
Cos Rakim's figured out that Dre no longer is the man/
We hear that you've left the math so we weeped/
We just hope to God that your album in the next few weeks is leaked/
We hope to the Lord that this news can't be true/
If it is Dre FUCK YOU, but what can we do!!

LazyLatino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2003, 05:04:39 PM »
I told you guys that Dre doesnt know how to run a label. Now that Rakim is gone, Aftermath is shit, nothin left. fuck aftermath..

lol dumb ass. without or without rakim, theyre still blessed with a shit loada talented mcs, mainstream or not.

as for rakims manager, he hasnt said shit. all we heard was from dj vlad.

Blessed with WHAT?  Except for Dr Dre himself and Eminem(the only acts who sell and drops records) they aint got SHIT! Ehh The Game??? You really think that an Hardcore act like The Game is gonna get some backup by Interscope? They wouldnt give that to Rakim...why tha hell the gonna let The Game do a hardcore record on Aftermah..unless The Game and Dr Dre bows down to Jimmy (Dre likes to be on his knees) and does a record that JIMMY likes..(Radiosingels with some rnb bitch on tha hook,popsongs etc)

Dre is tha WORST CEO in tha world... ;D , I dont know if you can even call him a CEO...LOL

Peace

LazyLatino

PLANT

« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2003, 05:42:03 PM »
Thinkin of a master plan/
Cos Rakim's figured out that Dre no longer is the man/
We hear that you've left the math so we weeped/
We just hope to God that your album in the next few weeks is leaked/
We hope to the Lord that this news can't be true/
If it is Dre FUCK YOU, but what can we do!!

LOL, thats dope Bez...Dope ;D

Jome

« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2003, 06:09:36 PM »
I think Interscopes PR-division is surfing the net right now, and laughing their asses off..
And planning the next rumour to spread.. and make it seem as official as possible..

I think this is a gigantic PR-campaign.. planned down to the smallest detail.
Saying that Rakim is off the Math at this point, is like saying that Snoop Dogg is signing with ThaRow, imo.

Think about it.. this is the biggest PR-stunt you can possibly pull off.. it's on ALL the net-sites.. gonna be all over the papers.. and look at the incredible opportunity for further PR.. now they can say that he's in talks with Suge, releasing the album on Roc.. hooking up with Primo.. they have opened up a fleurora of possible PR-stunts..

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2003, 06:12:02 PM »
I think Interscopes PR-division is surfing the net right now, and laughing their asses off..
And planning the next rumour to spread.. and make it seem as official as possible..

Saying that Rakim is off the Math at this point, is like saying that Snoop Dogg is signing with ThaRow, imo.

Think about it.. this is the biggest PR-stunt you can possibly pull off.. it's on ALL the net-sites.. gonna be all over the papers.. and look at the incredible opportunity for further PR.. now they can say that he's in talks with Suge, releasing the album on Roc.. hooking up with Primo.. they have opened up a fleurora of possible PR-stunts..

could be but it could work negatively, now that Rakim isn't with Aftermath %90 of these "fans" won't listen to him anymore

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2003, 06:18:46 PM »

despite the fact that it would make we, the fans, all look like naive losers, im STILL praying that what youre saying is true

Shin

« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2003, 06:31:05 PM »

this could very well be true....

yet it would be a very cheap way to promote an album...

Wild_Elmo

« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2003, 06:44:30 PM »
I told you guys that Dre doesnt know how to run a label. Now that Rakim is gone, Aftermath is shit, nothin left. fuck aftermath..

lol dumb ass. without or without rakim, theyre still blessed with a shit loada talented mcs, mainstream or not.
Nope, the only solo I'm looking forward to is Ice Cube's, and that wont be out till a few years. And don't even bring up Eminem and G-Unit, they're all wack, they will never get rotation in my stereo. I got way better stuff to listen to than that garbage. Now I understand that there is a big problem over here at WCC, when someone's favorite artist gets dissed, everybody is quick to start bitching and crying and defending them like they knew the artist. I have a feeling we will be seeing some of that in this thread.

and P.S. Fuck aftemathmusic.com - bunch of bitches run their forum. Here's a tip, don't disagree with any of the admins, or you will be banned.

Wild_Elmo

« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2003, 06:45:23 PM »
and 8 of you bitches can eat a dick

Jome

« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2003, 07:57:49 PM »
despite the fact that it would make we, the fans, all look like naive losers, im STILL praying that what youre saying is true

True, but they are probably not gonna say: "Haha, we fooled you all"..
It will be something like "Rakim have changed his mind, and decided to continue at Aftermath.." or something to that extent.

Soopafly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2003, 10:49:11 PM »
Dre and Ra havin been goin at it between each other for quite a while now , this is no publicity stunt!!!Ra will be recordin a new album from scratch

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2003, 11:01:59 PM »
Dre and Ra havin been goin at it between each other for quite a while now , this is no publicity stunt!!!Ra will be recordin a new album from scratch
how do you figure they been going at it for a while now? are you just assuming?

Tha_Reverend

« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2003, 11:16:13 PM »
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUK

yo yo yo....if this is true....and it was all Jimmy's doing, then Dre REALLY REALLY REALLY needs to step from interscope and leave the Math behind.  this is fucking up way to many projects.  it's kinda ironic that Dre might be in the same postion he was at the Row, not able to call his own shots.  if that be the case, he should just bail.  start his own shit INDEPENDENT....God knows he has the funds for it out of his own pocket.